Fri 10th Mar: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Castleford Tigers KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/23 at 20:30

Bit of a worry that they are Radfordless for our visit, will we suffer from new coach syndrome? 

We've not been very impressive in either game so far and are still a week behind so as always it will be difficult against Cas, we SHOULD win but we SHOULD have smashed Wakey last week.

I'll go for Fartown by 10

22 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

What’s the weather like in Hudds ?

wonder if Sky have a contingency knowing that the Leigh v Saints game will definitely go ahead with undersoil heating 

Snowing like hell but game isn't under threat, we have undersoil heating and heat lamps too.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Snowing like hell but game isn't under threat, we have undersoil heating and heat lamps too.

Good to hear but will the Police deem the outer areas safe ?

Nothing sticking in the North West, yet I have employees snowed in who live a mere 15 miles away !!!  Its bobbins.

8 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Good to hear but will the Police deem the outer areas safe ?

Nothing sticking in the North West, yet I have employees snowed in who live a mere 15 miles away !!!  Its bobbins.

Police? i would imagine they've a lot more important issues to deal with on a Friday evening than whether some rugby fans could slip going to a game, i woud suggest it's more the club or councils SAG who will make any decision but as far as i am aware there are no issues and all routes should be clear and safe.

I'd be amazed if it is safe enough around the ground for this to take place.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, meast said:

Why wouldn't it be?

Because as you know there has been a tonne of snow and all the schools in Kirklees have shut, while all the walking routes from the town centre to the ground are bloody dangerous at the best of times due to all of the roadworks. If they can get it on, great.

Edit: Ah yes and it will be well below freezing by the time the game ends too so that snow will be turning into ice too.

Edited by Just Browny

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Because as you know there has been a tonne of snow and all the schools in Kirklees have shut, while all the walking routes from the town centre to the ground are bloody dangerous at the best of times due to all of the roadworks. If they can get it on, great.

The walkways around the stadium will be fine, don't think walking from the town centre will have any impact  either, I'm sure it'll all be fine and people can enjoy another round of empty seat counting 🙂

50 minutes ago, meast said:

The walkways around the stadium will be fine, don't think walking from the town centre will have any impact  either, I'm sure it'll all be fine and people can enjoy another round of empty seat counting 🙂

Hope the pitch doesn't get too damaged for the round ball brigade. 

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Edit: Ah yes and it will be well below freezing by the time the game ends too so that snow will be turning into ice too.

Leeds seem to managing to sort it

14 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds seem to managing to sort it

True, all places are the same and enjoy the same weather conditions.

20 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Well in this instance, yes they are doing.

The weather forecast is identical in these two places which are 15 miles apart.

There's a place about half a mile from me where they've had three times as much snow as here. Leeds, you'll have noticed, is a large city which means it is typically warmer at ground level than somewhere rural with the same clouds overhead. Which makes a big difference to how much snow sticks. I'm pleased the Leeds game is on.