8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Feels like Rohan Smith hasn't liked him from the start. Will be a shame if the coach goes having forced out one of our most senior players.

Weird that Dwyer was let go if that is the case. Leeds had one of the best hooking duos in the league last year and could be left with neither now.

6 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Weird that Dwyer was let go if that is the case. Leeds had one of the best hooking duos in the league last year and could be left with neither now.

Dwyer is vastly overrated, a few flashy plays that catch the eye but his distribution was atrocious, often stifling any structure. OConner is better than both and we have young Johnson waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Certainly wouldn't get under Hudds cap space, considering the size and depth of the current squad

We reshaped the squad with many players taking a streamlined contract in order to be a part of it, I'm sure if he became available and Watto wanted him there would be some movement.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Pretty shocked by this one

Not surprised.....O'Connor is a much better 9 in defense, distribution and last play options (even at this early stage)....he'll eventually be a better runner at dummy too. Hooley and Johnson will be more than capable back up. Don't blame Kruise looking for a starting spot somewhere 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

His highlight reel is incredible but he was only exciting in flashes and he couldn't pass....also fell off loads of tackles too much 

Good value in front of the cameraa though and I like him 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

23 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Don't not think anyone would take him in the NRL mate

Wouldn’t be so sure on that. 

He’s a similar style player to Josh Hodgson so could go well. Carney seems to think he’s headed to NRL. 

No great loss for Leeds at 9, he added some attacking spark though and our halves are so poor he probably could’ve done a job there but I understand why he wants to be starting. He’s too passive in defence, gives away too many 6 again by holding down (after losing the collision) and can be erratic out of dummy half. He can be excellent on his day though and has a great skill set. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did a job in NRL

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Dwyer was a headless chicken tbh, brilliant for game changing moments, no composure at all when it was needed.

I think the club have wanted to keep Leeming but the coach hasn't. Ultimately words from Hetherington are only going to go so far and you'll feel like leaving is the best option for you - another Leeds (United) based comparison would be Klich this season.

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Dwyer was a headless chicken tbh, brilliant for game changing moments, no composure at all when it was needed.

I think the club have wanted to keep Leeming but the coach hasn't. Ultimately words from Hetherington are only going to go so far and you'll feel like leaving is the best option for you - another Leeds (United) based comparison would be Klich this season.

If Leeds want rid of headless chickens, I'd probably start with Austin and Sezer before the hookers tbh. I really don't know how Leeming has managed to get the chop over those 2.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Nah still won’t go. A poor coach does not do what he did last season.

He's changed a lot since last season, and despite enjoying all of it, I'm willing to accept that the end to last season involved a lot of flukey wins.

Ultimately after a full preseason we have 2 wins from 5 against 2 of the bottom 3. Captain leaving the club. Losing to the other side in the bottom 3 who haven't won all season. All whilst being nearly totally directionless and, ironically, leaderless on the pitch.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but the best coach in the world will be sacked if results don't come.

• Like 1