Bulls v Bulldogs

Batley Bob

18 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Looks like Bradford are there for the taking, no Rhinos players on Sunday. 

Leeds have a reserve game

🤔

Should make Batley favourites

Specially if Bradford are playing with the handicap of Blackmore 🤣

Edited by coolie
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, phildog said:

BTW did Fev's sin bin come to anything?

No because Featherstone were on a team warning for constant infringement, and he was holding down so got a sin binning, no charge, Dane was charged .

My, did they whine and beg around us for penalties... we started slowly but like the Barrow game Bradford dont have the quality to push similar ranked teams aside. Patton is a liability and the ground is starting to look like Mars... every thing is covered in red dirt lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

46 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

My, did they whine and beg around us for penalties... we started slowly but like the Barrow game Bradford dont have the quality to push similar ranked teams aside. Patton is a liability and the ground is starting to look like Mars... every thing is covered in red dirt lol

Great win for you guys 👏👏👏👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The game panned out just as I expected it was always going to be a battle down the middle on a heavy pitch with no real quality shown from either side! I thought we just kept ticking over steady away took our penalties at the right time and the drop goal. Shame we let the try in at the end but I think we knew the game was won and just switched off! The funny thing about this game was it wasn't a great game but kept you on the edge right up to the last minute! 

• Like 2

Thought we'd shot our bolt falling for the lunge under the posts (considering Leaky does it enough) and Bulls coming out full of running 2nd half. We were going backwards regularly for the first 10 minutes but they didn't have enough class and we scrambled well. They killed themselves by gifting us penalties in good positions and I think they knew the game was up when Woods took the 1. Their forwards lost a bit of faith after that. It's not often we face a bigger pack but today showed that if it happens again we needn't worry. Hope we have a full, fit squad for next week.

I thought we were better in the speed of the ruck going forward for 65 minutes of the game… 

our halves were good with Woods setting up the tries and no offence to Jimmy but look before you play I know it’s cost him in the past at Halifax but today it was 6 on 3 before he chose to show and go…  kicking game was ok but we didn’t find the halves twice in the game on the last tackle 

leak & Ward were missed sammy struggled 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

I thought we were better in the speed of the ruck going forward for 65 minutes of the game… 

our halves were good with Woods setting up the tries and no offence to Jimmy but look before you play I know it’s cost him in the past at Halifax but today it was 6 on 3 before he chose to show and go…  kicking game was ok but we didn’t find the halves twice in the game on the last tackle 

leak & Ward were missed sammy struggled 

His entire 7 minutes were a struggle. Samy must have a sand phobia!

3 tries to 2 but the silly penalties cost us well batley won that comfy 13-3. Interesting what will happen to meadows was a clear headbutt people said pattons a liability but he was running in to drag a player of his mate that just been headbutted. and copped a yellow card for it.

think If we didn’t give so many penalties away we’d won this game still been close though. Can’t wait for the return match on the Mount 

5 hours ago, Bullmania said:

3 tries to 2 but the silly penalties cost us well batley won that comfy 13-3. Interesting what will happen to meadows was a clear headbutt people said pattons a liability but he was running in to drag a player of his mate that just been headbutted. and copped a yellow card for it.

think If we didn’t give so many penalties away we’d won this game still been close though. Can’t wait for the return match on the Mount 

13-3? Who said that 

behave 

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

13-3? Who said that 

behave 

When you've only one eye open you 

• Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

13-3? Who said that 

behave 

The Game Caller  a certain  Mr Gledhill 
 . Bradford the own architects of their own downfall with an 13-3 penalty against them.
he also said
Bradford player Tom Holmes raised the issue of being the victim of a headbutt in the tackle early in the second half. Having seen the footage it’s clear Batley player James Meadows leads with his forehead, making direct contact with the head of Tom Holmes on the floor.

16 minutes ago, POR said:
The Game Caller  a certain  Mr Gledhill 
 . Bradford the own architects of their own downfall with an 13-3 penalty against them.
he also said
Bradford player Tom Holmes raised the issue of being the victim of a headbutt in the tackle early in the second half. Having seen the footage it’s clear Batley player James Meadows leads with his forehead, making direct contact with the head of Tom Holmes on the floor.

It's great to get a purely neutral view of the game from The Game Caller!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It's great to get a purely neutral view of the game from The Game Caller!

He is great comedy value. Never miss an interview with him and Dunning. They sometimes get a bit carried away. I think they thought they had reached the ultimate last week with a rainy win in Halifax and forgot that Batley aren't a bad side.