Dogs v Vikings

Dog forever

He's back in their squad unfortunately....bear in mind BB it's days ago before the squad was announced and by all accounts he wasn't confident when he was at the Cougars game. I don't suppose we really need to see our squad do we.....

Edited by phildog

3 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Reckon Todays game is going to be dictated by the weather, probably going to be a wet heavy pitch and probably a lot of dropped ball due to conditions, I think this game could turn out to be a forwards battle which might suit us, so high completions needed and holding on to the ball a must! Don't think there will be a lot in this one il go 22-16🤞

Edited by The scrim reaper

Great performance from our boys bullied there forwards all night a tight affair and to be fair to both teams despite it being a greasy pitch not much dropped ball, thought our boys where excellent second half our completion rate must have bee 80-90% backed up by a great kicking game, thought linners game plan was excellent! You could say kear! Was out keared tonight! Well done boys! 

We were more than up for it, somebody mentioned a greasy ball but I can only pinpoint 2 occasions in 80 minutes where we let it go, Widnes gave up far too much possession. They put their best work in early doors but it soon became obvious that it was going to take something special to break through our tackling and they didn't have it despite all there famed players. We broke them down more times throughout the game I thought. Worthy win; we managed the game conditions much better, we played against the slope better, gave little away penalty-wise, looked after the ball better and apart from a 5 minute spell mid way through the 2nd half I didn't doubt that we would win. Big shout outs to Hooley and McGowan, brilliant fielding of the ball (although to be fair Widnes took every ball as well).

Oh and what about that lot of Widnes supporters in the top stand? God help us if we fans become as obnoxious and disgraceful as that. They cast shame on their club. There's club chants and humour and banter then there's abusive language and almost racism. Worst fans I've ever come across in over 60 years at The Mount and West Hull were bad....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phildog said:

Oh and what about that lot of Widnes supporters in the top stand? God help us if we fans become as obnoxious and disgraceful as that. They cast shame on their club. There's club chants and humour and banter then there's abusive language and almost racism. Worst fans I've ever come across in over 60 years at The Mount and West Hull were bad....

Agreed, horrible bunch. From the off with the anthem and then the persistent blinkered abuse to the officials, they were at it all game. 

1 hour ago, BatleyBird said:

Agreed, horrible bunch. From the off with the anthem and then the persistent blinkered abuse to the officials, they were at it all game. 

We sent them packing with their tails between their legs.

• Like 3

Thought we were very good last night. Morton, McGowan and Hooley were excellent under the high ball and Kear and Woods starting to look like they've been here 2 - 3 seasons. Buchanan having a great season too. Ollie B also had a good game too and looks like our next Leak.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Supporting your team loyally is one thing, hurling foul abuse at players and abusing match officials is another. 'Dirty Yorkshire Ba***rds' was the chant! Do they realise that we have quite a few players that are not from God's county- Ward, Woods, White, Meadows, Hodson, Kibula. Plus the absolutely disgraceful threat of physical attack on the ref at the end when everyone was leaving the ground. I hope a formal complaint is posted to RFL and that Widnes as a club act accordingly. Remember, these were the so called fans that wanted to start a fight with their own players last year when we beat them at Widnes.

• Like 1

Totally pathetic the Neanderthals. That was only the second time I have heard that warning given out during a match, it used to be given out before every game before the pandemic, to our chairman I would say next time Chemics come to the Mount please put more stewards on and get the foul mouthed morons out, not a good image on the telly I would say.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

It came across on tv the ruining of the National Anthem, if they don't agree with it DON'T sing fair enough but don't ruin it for people who do,shameful imo. Well done Batley on a deserved win.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2