Sat 13th May: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 13:00 (C4)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/05/23 at 12:30

9 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Let it go, Salford were rubbish in the second half and that's why you lost, nothing to do with Kendall.

Let what go? It was an extremely pedantic piece of decision making, which has not been applied in any other televised game I've seen.

Kendall had a very poor game. Salford have a less than 30% win rate in games he officiates.

• Sad 2

To blame the referee for Salford’s defeat today is beyond parody. The only reason Salford lost was due to Salford’s woeful second half performance with numerous unforced errors and basic mistakes. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Let what go? It was an extremely pedantic piece of decision making, which has not been applied in any other televised game I've seen.

Kendall had a very poor game. Salford have a less than 30% win rate in games he officiates.

Kendall was significantly better than Salford who only have themselves to blame for today’s defeat. The 30% stat, if correct, is completely irrelevant. Mind you it was only last week that you were claiming that being found guilty by the Disciplinary meant that a player was innocent. 

32 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

You sound like a bitter Wakefield fan who all had this massive chip about James Child.

How many missed tackles and dropped balls and stupid passes on the defensive line did Kendall come up with today?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Kendall was significantly better than Salford who only have themselves to blame for today’s defeat. The 30% stat, if correct, is completely irrelevant. Mind you it was only last week that you were claiming that being found guilty by the Disciplinary meant that a player 

16 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Kendall was significantly better than Salford who only have themselves to blame for today’s defeat. The 30% stat, if correct, is completely irrelevant. Mind you it was only last week that you were claiming that being found guilty by the Disciplinary meant that a player was innocent. 

LMS stayed on the field. Lees stayed on the field. Sironen stayed on the field.

Salford did come up with errors early in 2nd half. Costello & Wiiams led to tries.

They also had to go with 2 forwards down, as well having at least 4 first choice players missing.

58 minutes before a 6 again.

Can you explain the blown whistle before the knock on even happened & then a scrum given?

I'll give it a go. 3rd penalty in quick succession, tackle on Watkins when not in possession, would have meant a yellow against Saints & Kendall bottled it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gavin Harrison said:

I have no idea what you are on about but it reads like a rant with little or more accurately zero substance. You’ll need to buy some replacement cooking sherry in the morning 

• Like 1

I haven’t watched the game back yet and i don’t want too sound negative being a Saints fan, but bar that 10min spell when we scored our tries(with the help of some poor passing by SRD) we was dreadful. I don’t know what was said at HT but something must’ve happened. Lomax is doing his own job and Dodds, we have the slowest centres with Hopoate & Davies. Matty Lees i don’t know why Saints fans think he is so good, he very rarely breaks a tackle or makes big yards he’s too lightweight for me. I thought Lussick had his best game for Saints being the water carrier. As for Salford, if you’re a SRD fan or a neutral they are great to watch and are really entertaining. The way they move the ball when attacking is so slick and quick, Rowley has/is doing a top job

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I haven’t watched the game back yet and i don’t want too sound negative being a Saints fan, but bar that 10min spell when we scored our tries(with the help of some poor passing by SRD) we was dreadful. I don’t know what was said at HT but something must’ve happened. Lomax is doing his own job and Dodds, we have the slowest centres with Hopoate & Davies. Matty Lees i don’t know why Saints fans think he is so good, he very rarely breaks a tackle or makes big yards he’s too lightweight for me. I thought Lussick had his best game for Saints being the water carrier. As for Salford, if you’re a SRD fan or a neutral they are great to watch and are really entertaining. The way they move the ball when attacking is so slick and quick, Rowley has/is doing a top job

It was interesting how compacted the good Saints spell was.

No scores in last 25 minutes of 2nd half after looking lime it was going ro get messy. Salford down two forwards as well.

When you've got someone like Johnny Lomax to pull the strings & some big blokes to get a roll on, it's always going to bring points.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

I agree with a lot of this. Saints didn't win the game but Salford lost it. Saints were very lucky and this isn't going to be any turning point for the season. Bar 10/15 minutes Saints were as toothless as the rest of the season.

I really enjoy watching Salford play. They might take some bit scalps and some exciting wins but I can't see them winning the grand final. Though for a neutral you know you'll get a good game. 

• Like 1

I'm a fan of Rhys Williams but he had an absolute nightmare. Anyone who has played the game knows that these dreadful days can  happen and your brain gets in a state of panic.

Twenty years ago, his coach would have hooked him off after two mistakes ... but that never seems to happen these days.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

14 hours ago, Gavin Harrison said:

In games refereed by Chris Kendall, Salford have lost by an average of 16 points per game. It's quite a stretch to lose by an average of 3 scores and then imply that is the fault of a referee.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

In games refereed by Chris Kendall, Salford have lost by an average of 16 points per game. It's quite a stretch to lose by an average of 3 scores and then imply that is the fault of a referee.

Really?

Perhaps explained by astonishing decisions like the one that he made in awarding St Helens a penalty at the play the ball?

Salford are 12-0 up & have Saints pinned inside their own 20.

Batchelor spectacularly dives to the floor from 2nd marker & it's a penalty.

As a result, Salford are then defending a set from halfway & Saints then get a repeat set. 12 tackles & a lot of work that should not have been done.

When Salford do get the ball back they were trapped in their own 20 & Saints were on the front foot defensively.

Salford forced to kick from deep in their own half & Saints core off their 3rd set.

That absolutely ridiculous call from Kendall changed the whole momentum of the game.

Never mind the absolute failure to send Lees off, which left Salford a forward short in that heat for 60 minutes.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Really?

Perhaps explained by astonishing decisions like the one that he made in awarding St Helens a penalty at the play the ball?

As a result, Salford are then defending a set from halfway & Saints then get a repeat set. 12 tackles & a lot of work that should not have been done.

When Salford do get the ball back they were trapped in their own 20 & Saints were on the front foot defensively.

Salford forced to kick from deep in their own half & Saints core off their 3rd set.

That absolutely ridiculous call from Kendall changed the whole momentum of the game.

Never mind the absolute failure to send Lees off, which left Salford a forward short in that heat for 60 minutes.

OK. If it makes you feel better, then it's all Chris Kendall's fault.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Blimey Gavin i’ll leave all that witchery, conspiracy stuff to yourself, David Icke, and Alex Jones. 

11 hours ago, glossop saint said:

I agree with a lot of this. Saints didn't win the game but Salford lost it. Saints were very lucky and this isn't going to be any turning point for the season. Bar 10/15 minutes Saints were as toothless as the rest of the season.

I really enjoy watching Salford play. They might take some bit scalps and some exciting wins but I can't see them winning the grand final. Though for a neutral you know you'll get a good game. 

I don’t think Wellens has much idea on substitutions. 

11 hours ago, glossop saint said:

I don’t think Wellens has much idea on substitutions. 

5 hours ago, Gavin Harrison said:

Really?

Sensible to start at 12-0 as you don’t need to include the missed punch thrown and blatant late shot on saints players, which makes your job much easier. Good decision.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 1