Hull FC - 10,763

Warrington - 8,719

Catalans - 8,068

KR - 7,788

Cas - 7,542

Huddersfield- 5,144

Wakefield - 4,613

Salford - 4,529

Obviously, early days and the Easter round will inflate some clubs average thus far and it will level out through the rest of the year. 

Edited by Jughead

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

Imagine the additional numbers clubs would get if they DIDN'T...

Schedule games for Friday nights and instead played weekend afternoons.

Schedule games to clash with broadcast matches.

I’d have thought those teams who play on Friday nights do so because they attract more fans than weekend afternoons do.

The Thursday night televised games have historically attracted smaller crowds but clubs this season seem to be trying things to get the fans in.

• Confused 1

Is this a breakaway thread.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’d have thought those teams who play on Friday nights do so because they attract more fans than weekend afternoons do.

I don't buy into that. Very much every other sport is Saturday and Sunday. If Friday is so great why don't soccer clubs play then? RL has an ageing demographic, maybe evening games is one cause of this. Inevitably you end up with fewer away fans. To or from Hull/KR on a Friday. 

And actually, Championship attendances are generally healthy... could that be due to when they're played?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Number 16 said:

I don't buy into that. Very much every other sport is Saturday and Sunday. If Friday is so great why don't soccer clubs play then? RL has an ageing demographic, maybe evening games is one cause of this. Inevitably you end up with fewer away fans. To or from Hull/KR on a Friday. 

And actually, Championship attendances are generally healthy... could that be due to when they're played?

So why do clubs choose to play on Friday nights then ? when none of them are awash with cash they can throw away.

• Haha 1

I've heard it said it's because Friday is an easier sell for the corporates. This may be true, but the negatives are fewer away supporters and, imo, inevitably fewer young fans. 

Also, I've heard said that everything on a Friday, or Saturday, levels out the turnaround time between games. 

But given that SL and RL in the UK is holed beneath the waterline to keep doing what we've been doing is nuts.

• Like 1

Would corporate sales be any better or worse on a Saturday evening/night? I imagine you'd get more away fans on a weekend too.

Hull have had a few Saturday afternoon games this season. Been much better for me to bring the little one. Way past her bedtime on a night.

• Like 2
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Would corporate sales be any better or worse on a Saturday evening/night? I imagine you'd get more away fans on a weekend too.

Hull have had a few Saturday afternoon games this season. Been much better for me to bring the little one. Way past her bedtime on a night.

I'd love to see the figures for the RL and soccer club in dual towns like Leeds, Wigan, Hull, Huddersfield of season tickets for kids at U16. 

10 hours ago, Number 16 said:

When SL first started they said they would be played on Sunday's and have loads of entertainment, bouncy castles,BBQ's etc and it would be great for families, Summer Rugby. There's very few played on Sunday now,not one this Sunday.

As well as the corporate dollar, Friday nights have tended to be better for the bigger clubs as it's one of the two TV slots, meaning that their fixtures were less likely to be rearranged at the whims of Sky - this was back when Sky was a bit looser with the schedules than they are these days). 

I think the Friday / Weekend thing is overblown to be honest. I get the family aspect but at the same time, it depends on the audiences that the clubs are going for. Personally, I prefer Friday nights as it leaves the weekend free for other things - but I accept I'm a different market to the family market. Clubs will be thinking about their primary target demographics and that will influence their preferred matchday.

Also good to see Leeds' crowds up given that we haven't yet had a home game against one of the bigger draws and the game against Wakefield, typically one of the better crowds, was lower due to the snow. 

19 hours ago, Davo5 said:

The Thursday night televised games have historically attracted smaller crowds but clubs this season seem to be trying things to get the fans in.

Not neccesarliy more fans but in Huddersfield's case more money due to the hospitality packages being more popular on Friday's than Sundays, hence why we moved and stayed with Friday and i would imagine it's same for most clubs too.

The clubs get the fans money at the beginning of the year and the hospitality is a regular income, sad as it may seem i doubt theyy'd be bothered about 500 more fans compared to another full hospitality box.