Summer Bash

White Knight

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

and they moan that people don,t turn up.

It's a double edged sword really because like yer say some will watch on our league but there will be some won't be able to attend so who do you 'let down' ?

• Like 1

Hard task tonight with Jordan Thompson missing from the forwards, no half backs even though the guys did really well last week, but against an in form Fev it’s not going to be easy. I just hope we give a good account of ourselves and don’t capitulate, still, it is what it is, and you never know a miracle might happen. 

Can’t fault the effort tonight and credit to the young lads in particular. Some loose carries and dropped bombs cost us, but we were never going to win. I’m just so sick of the injuries. Especially when players end a match seemingly fine, but next week they’re injured. Never seen anything like it. So Butterworth is out (again) and he can be added to Marsh, Edwards, Hingano, Harris, Antrobus, Thompson, Pauli Pauli (remember him?) and let’s not forget Ellis. Over half a team missing. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Can’t fault the effort tonight and credit to the young lads in particular. Some loose carries and dropped bombs cost us, but we were never going to win. I’m just so sick of the injuries. Especially when players end a match seemingly fine, but next week they’re injured. Never seen anything like it. So Butterworth is out (again) and he can be added to Marsh, Edwards, Hingano, Harris, Antrobus, Thompson, Pauli Pauli (remember him?) and let’s not forget Ellis. Over half a team missing. 

And Danny Kirmond.

Here we go again , valkeryie should be a great start today , I feel today's matches just shade yesterday's, fax, Batley pick of the day for me , up the fantastic valkeryie 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Here we go again , valkeryie should be a great start today , I feel today's matches just shade yesterday's, fax, Batley pick of the day for me , up the fantastic valkeryie 😀

Should be a good close game Batley v Fax, Keighley v Bulls don't have clue on that one,Eagles easy win over Newcastle.

• Like 1

Can't fault the effort and commitment from the knights tonight,but we are miles apart from Featherstone who are certainly super league bound on what i saw yesterday,think Clint needs to start offering Hendo more options of bringing more players into the club as we have a real tough month ahead of us especially if the club want to finish in the top six,we simply can't be having 7 or 8 players unavailable every weekend due to injuries and looking at the bench last night we must have been down to our last 17 players.Thought Barnard had a good game when he came on for the last twenty minutes and maybe should be given longer game time.

• Like 3

I'll echo that Puk, but reading between the lines of Hendo's interviews I think Clint's pockets are well and truly sewn up. A look at the league table, and the next 3 fixtures, suggests to me we are in for a long struggle. It will be difficult for Hendo to keep up morale.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Was this summer bash a success compared to previous ones and was there an increase

in attendance just curious.

Just been on the Fev site one supporter reckons they sold more tickets than the rest of the teams

put together if true rather embarrassing for the rest of the teams and especially the hosts. 

Next season I dont think teams can rely on Wakefield bringing as many supporters to away games

so these missing fans will be sorely missed.

1 hour ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

Was this summer bash a success compared to previous ones and was there an increase

in attendance just curious.

Just been on the Fev site one supporter reckons they sold more tickets than the rest of the teams

put together if true rather embarrassing for the rest of the teams and especially the hosts. 

Next season I dont think teams can rely on Wakefield bringing as many supporters to away games

so these missing fans will be sorely missed.

I know a few supporters weren't attending because of us playing Featherstone and thought it was a waste of money due to where we are and where Featherstone are at the moment.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Silverlight said:

What a stupid reason for not attending the match. Obviously not real Knights fans.

True S FEV fans turned up in numbers at headingley last year knowing we were going to lose to leigh funny enough same score as saturday 46=16:kolobok_grin:

Edited by POR
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Puk said:

I know a few supporters weren't attending because of us playing Featherstone and thought it was a waste of money due to where we are and where Featherstone are at the moment.

Life ban applicable

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still can’t believe the lack of promotion by the RFL for this event, absolutely nothing in the City to tell visitors that it was on and nothing in the area around Monks cross or Vanguard. It is a bit of an embarrassment really, I mentioned it to some friends who were visiting and they knew nothing about it. There is no wonder we aren’t taken seriously.

• Like 7

officially announced , 6700 total attendance over 2 days covering 8 matches , fans obviously voted with their feet and the RFL were very poor with marketing. can,t see it carrying on without some very new ideas and input from IMG.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

officially announced , 6700 total attendance over 2 days covering 8 matches , fans obviously voted with their feet and the RFL were very poor with marketing. can,t see it carrying on without some very new ideas and input from IMG.

I shouldn't moan cos I didn't even go but you see far more and much better marketing for the circus & local carnivals, you could have filled the ground both days with a bit of effort.

It's not even difficult to do so I suspect they've done it on purpose so they can bin off the concept without complaint.

• Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

I shouldn't moan cos I didn't even go but you see far more and much better marketing for the circus & local carnivals, you could have filled the ground both days with a bit of effort.

It's not even difficult to do so I suspect they've done it on purpose so they can bin off the concept without complaint.

Difficult to tell but for most of the matches there seemed to be far less supporters there than the Knights get at a normal home game, and that's not many. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

Difficult to tell but for most of the matches there seemed to be far less supporters there than the Knights get at a normal home game, and that's not many. 

Think it would have helped if we were playing good rugby and competing with the top teams in the championship ,but saying that thought it was the best atmosphere at any game this season.

• Like 2