Sun 4th Jun: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leigh Leopards KO 12:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/23 at 11:30

As a Wakefield Trinity supporter for fifty years (hence the grey hair and almost permanent look of disappointment) it will be fantastic if we can attract someone as committed to the club, and with the financial clout, as Derek Beaumont at Leigh.Sure he has his 'moments' but he bleeds red and white (or leopard skin print.)

We've had a false dawn or two down at Belle Vue over the years ,  eg Pearman and Glover so whilst I hope it happens I'll wait until the cheques are cashed and the money is in the bank before I get too excited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well not for the fans of Leeds, Saints or Wigan, but I should imagine - no positive - that 99% of the rest of the devoted Rugby League fans would welcome the domination of those three to end.

Although id be bitterly disappointed if Saints didn’t win anything this season Harry, it would be great too see a new club lifting the SL Trophy, and a different name being etched onto the CC who have not won it for a while. 

10 hours ago, meast said:

What's that got to do with anything?

Because you’re the wise old veteran from a club that’s been and done it all and therefore well qualified to pass on sage and patronising advice (again) - or not.  “You’ve not won anything yet” from a fan whose team (despite many years of financial support from a sugar daddy) has won nothing during that time and to this day has a very mediocre fanbase.

The reality is that even if we lost every game 70-0 for the rest of the year, we will still have been the stand-out club of the season simply for staying up against almost all predictions, never mind being well in the play-off race come the start of the second half of the campaign (with the second best defence in the league).  I know you will never bring yourself to admit that, mind.

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mr Carter may not have lived up to expectation, but and I do not know the answer to this question,  if he and the other "clown" you refer to and I take that to be financial, would Wakefield still be in SL today, would Wakefield still be in existance.

That is an honest question, I honestly do not know.

Forget about the "other" clown.  Carter is the true antichrist, anyone else is collateral damage.

In answer to your question though, probably not.  

There may well be a totally new guy in charge shortly who will no doubt eventually become a "clown" by ruffling some prima donna's feathers, or not be as profligate as some fans yearn for or not sign a fans favourite player etc etc etc.   

Lets see how it pans out.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Mapleyther said:

Because you’re the wise old veteran from a club that’s been and done it all and therefore well qualified to pass on sage and patronising advice (again) - or not.  “You’ve not won anything yet” from a fan whose team (despite many years of financial support from a sugar daddy) has won nothing during that time and to this day has a very mediocre fanbase.

The reality is that even if we lost every game 70-0 for the rest of the year, we will still have been the stand-out club of the season simply for staying up against almost all predictions, never mind being well in the play-off race come the start of the second half of the campaign (with the second best defence in the league).  I know you will never bring yourself to admit that, mind.

It was in response to Harry's quip from an earlier post, it was said tongue firmly in cheek.

Chill out and enjoy the rest of the season and the 70-0 batterings 😉

55 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Forget about the "other" clown.  Carter is the true antichrist, anyone else is collateral damage.

In answer to your question though, probably not.  

There may well be a totally new guy in charge shortly who will no doubt eventually become a "clown" by ruffling some prima donna's feathers, or not be as profligate as some fans yearn for or not sign a fans favourite player etc etc etc.   

Lets see how it pans out.

Well as long as they don't get us relegated and deliver sheet show after sheet show without a win, anything is an improvement is it not.  If you are happy with Carters performance and a Chairman who has sat by and failed to restrain him then fair enough.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Well as long as they don't get us relegated and deliver sheet show after sheet show without a win, anything is an improvement is it not.  If you are happy with Carters performance and a Chairman who has sat by and failed to restrain him then fair enough.

I'll be no happier than the four or five times we've been relegated previously under possibly four or five different Chairmen/Owners but happier than when the two previous Chairmen/Owners nearly killed us off completely.

Best of luck to the next Turkey.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

• Like 4
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 hours ago, Mapleyther said:

The reality is that even if we lost every game 70-0 for the rest of the year, we will still have been the stand-out club of the season simply for staying up against almost all predictions

What you've done this season is exceptional, but you're over egging the pudding a bit there. Sure, a few people were predicting Leigh to go back down, but the overwhelming majority thought it would be Wakefield.