Match thread: Championship Round 13. Featherstone Rovers v Barrow. Sunday 4th June 2023.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Dean confirmed in the Warrington squad for Magic Weekend.

Think he’s probably finished for us, as I’d be surprised if he features for Wire this weekend. Rigjt decision by Fev, we need certainty going forward. 

13 minutes ago, jprover said:

No Sammut in Barrow squad?

Must be sammut up with him. 🙄

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

With Coops at Donny and Dean at Warrington, Hepi, ET and Leilua injured, the two to miss out are Koppy and Evans. 

Who misses out when the 17 is named? For me, Hall, Hau, Moors (if Cozza is 100% ready) and maybe one of the hookers will get a rest to put MK on the bench.

Think this will be an easy win for us Looking at 40 points plus.I don't like games that are very one sided and contemplated going to the community game at The Mount Batley v York which will be a closer game and free entry which suits me.But i want to see what players Longy goes with in our forwards and how one or two of them play.It is really difficult to pick them if all are fit.

Kit clash or not the game went as predicted

Aside from the 1st 5 mins we totally  dominated the game 

The Ford & Lacans partnership looks better every week - Lacans had a great game today 

Hau another one who looks like a special player - can see why there is a bit of hype about him

Looking forward to a french massacre next week 

Edited by elppaxr2i
  • Like 3

The game went as i thought an easy win although Barrow played better than the score suggests and  will win quite a few games with similar performances.For me Ford was outstanding his quick early passes gave our backs room to play.Lacans had a   good game and it would be difficult to leave him out if we get Dean back.Halls kicking was superb and those wide conversions add to the score.Thought Cozza had a good first game back and the combination Wildie first half and Jones second works so why change it.If we get towards the end of the season with everyone fit my 10 for the forwards would be =Wildie -Jones- Koppy-Springer -Yei -Cozza -Bussey-Taylor-and Hardcastle as coverage for the centre positions two from Hankinson,Joey and Hall.So i have picked 9  and havn't a clue between Davies Hau Day and Locky who would probably be out as i have picked 4 props or middles.

23 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The game went as i thought an easy win although Barrow played better than the score suggests and  will win quite a few games with similar performances.For me Ford was outstanding his quick early passes gave our backs room to play.Lacans had a   good game and it would be difficult to leave him out if we get Dean back.Halls kicking was superb and those wide conversions add to the score.Thought Cozza had a good first game back and the combination Wildie first half and Jones second works so why change it.If we get towards the end of the season with everyone fit my 10 for the forwards would be =Wildie -Jones- Koppy-Springer -Yei -Cozza -Bussey-Taylor-and Hardcastle as coverage for the centre positions two from Hankinson,Joey and Hall.So i have picked 9  and havn't a clue between Davies Hau Day and Locky who would probably be out as i have picked 4 props or middles.

So not going to play Smith then?

After a shaky first 5 mins we just wore them down with our relentless pressure. I thought Barrow has a dig but lacked that bit of class and they came to play not to spoil ie tubbys lot. Halls kicking was top notch. All in all a pleasant afternoon in the sun.