v Halifax

Raider83

Difficult place for us to go and can't remember the last time we got a result there?? Just a decent performance and no injuries will do

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

If we play owt like we did up at your place you'll be travelling back to Lancashire with big smiles on your faces. It's so hard to predict Fax games this season as we never seem to be consistently good or bad.  I'll go for a Fax win with home advantage though by summat like 34v14. 🏉

• Like 1

That's s very old map. As we are called a Cumbrian team it might be a giveaway !!! And our coach is the Cumbrian coach and most if the players play for Cumbria. ... and again   we live here you dont. Lol. 

Unfortunately I think Fax will win. We not been great on the road this year at all.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

That's s very old map. As we are called a Cumbrian team it might be a giveaway !!! And our coach is the Cumbrian coach and most if the players play for Cumbria. ... and again   we live here you dont. Lol. 

https://www.forl.co.uk/

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Our friends on the other side of the Pennines have no respect for the 1974 boundary changes.

This is why they sing "YOOOORKSHIRE" and not "WEST YOOOORKSHIRE" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Plan of Attack said:

Last time we won in Halifax was it 2019? we either won there and beat Fev at Barrow or other way round not sure

We beat Fev away in 2019 not Fax

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Didn't you beat us at Fev then get relegated. Think Dewsbury won at Fev too if my memory serves me right.

Yeah 32-22 Dewsbury beat us at Fev Barrow beat us 38-16.

Not phased by the expected loss to Halifax, actually a thrashing, 48 - 20....even after being 0 - 16.

Only a 3rd, 2 point loss, would bother me.

3 or 4 more wins from the other bottom 6, Whitehaven, Keighley, York, Swinton and Newcastle will keep us up.

Not bothered about the actual result. 2 points or 40 points is still a loss. 

The ban is the issue that Sammut will get. RFL is clamping down on dissent,  quite rightly in my opinion,  so that will hurt us more than todays result. 

On the plus side hopefully Archer will get his chance and prove what I think in that he is the future . 

• Like 1

I don't know what Sammut said to the ref but it must have been more than just dissent for a straight red. He cost your lads any chance of a result although I thought Fax were getting on top at the time. I will say that Barrow were a far better team today than up at your place.

• Like 1

Is it a worry for Barrow that Sammut will receive a heavy ban? With Carter leaving,  I know Archer is highly thought of down there but it's a lot of responsibility on his shoulders for a young lad who hasn't  seemed to of played a lot of first team rugby? 

• Like 1

Gillam leaving the field injured a huge blow hopefully nothing too serious. I believe we've got another injury too, not sure who? We've been desperately needing another prop for a bit I feel we need to recruit a couple of forwards to get us over the line this season.