Brad Holroyd

IanMac

2 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

We now have 2 good wingers and a back up for 2 games including Oldham.

Hope our centres get the ball to them.

That’s the big issue with our centres. Great to give Brad back, with him, Sean and Budsy as our back 3 I’m not sure there’s much better in the league. I’m assuming Ethan will move to centre with earl being injured 

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Looks like we missed out on Jake carter as it looks like he’s off to haven, shame as him and walker would have been a great partnership for a good few years. Great that we’re still looking at improving the side 

Edited by wonky
  • Like 2

Good to have brad back. I know its charity game etc on sunday. Tell people not on social media etc brad back alot of supporters, will remember a couple years ago of his speed n quality n trys. Hopefully get a few more back,(put money in bank)maybe keep him longer?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Great to have Brad back, just need some of our injured forwards on the mend, well done BOD.

Any Caine and Jj back. Pretty certain big grant is as well 

9 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Is Max available? He'd have been the obvious choice but Holroyd is quality at this level.

Unfortunately he is not available. He works shifts down the gas terminal so it is very frustrating for him at the moment, but he is about to change jobs so he won't have to miss any games anymore. Not seen anything of Holroyd but Workington could have Ado Carr on the wing but if the ball never gets to him whats the point? How many successful teams do we see that do not utilise their wingers? Not many! 🤨 Just my opinion 😀

• Like 7

17 hours ago, wonky said:

Looks like we missed out on Jake carter as it looks like he’s off to haven, shame as him and walker would have been a great partnership for a good few years. Great that we’re still looking at improving the side 

Beats me how Haven afford these signings. Put out a statement this week saying they were in a hole financially and have a Go Fund Me appeal but can still sign players.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 hours ago, Neil Anderson-Moore said:

Not seen anything of Holroyd but Workington could have Ado Carr on the wing but if the ball never gets to him whats the point?

This exactly . We’ve seen it on and off for years . I remember us having Hampshire and Tierney on the wings and they barely got a look in  

Unfortunately he is not available. He works shifts down the gas terminal so it is very frustrating for him at the moment, but he is about to change jobs so he won't have to miss any games anymore. Not seen anything of Holroyd but Workington could have Ado Carr on the wing but if the ball never gets to him whats the point? How many successful teams do we see that do not utilise their wingers? Not many! 🤨 Just my opinion 😀

Totally agree. Sabutey and Holroyd could score tries for fun if we only created a bit of space for them to attack, or even chip over for them to chase. We had Dom Manfredi on dual reg and if you saw him for Wigan he was explosive but Town used him as a battering ram!

Edited by homeandawayer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Totally agree. Sabutey and Holroyd could score tries for fun if we only created a bit of space for them to attack, or even chip over for them to chase. We had Dom Manfredi on dual reg and if you saw him for Wigan he was explosive but Town used him as a battering ram!

From the few games I have seen so far our centres don't even look as if they are trying to create space. From almost every scrum Earl is used as a battering ram but surely this is the time to try and attack with some shape when you are up against less defenders, especially later on in the game when the forwards are tiring and not getting over to cover as quickly? We seem to drive the ball up the middle and when we try putting anything on we are too central and run out of space out wide. Working the ball to 30/70 or 20/80 marks would give us options of a short side play or throw it out with shape (very simple to see where the space is by counting the short side defenders) 😃

Edited by Neil Anderson-Moore
  • Like 1

The expansive plays have show as well with Sabuetys scores in earlier games.

Sabuety and Holroyd as great as they are won't be around our team too long unfortunately as there too good but a local such as M.A.M and Young Burns could be for a good few years if Barrow don't try and pinch him so these games such as Cornwall, Midlands etc if available they need to be getting 80 minute shifts in to get the experience.

Granted though our dual 50 year old centres this season needs a bit of renewal with a bit of youth however still both good experienced players.

From the few games I have seen so far our centres don't even look as if they are trying to create space. From almost every scrum Earl is used as a battering ram but surely this is the time to try and attack with some shape when you are up against less defenders, especially later on in the game when the forwards are tiring and not getting over to cover as quickly? We seem to drive the ball up the middle and when we try putting anything on we are too central and run out of space out wide. Working the ball to 30/70 or 20/80 marks would give us options of a short side play or throw it out with shape (very simple to see where the space is by counting the short side defenders) 😃

We actually did create the gaps in the first half last Sunday but the final pass was poor, second half rightly we went back to the coaches favourite catchphrase "earn the right to play" and the introduction of Blaine livened things up , but you can't rely on that all the time as the better teams won't allow you. You never see our centres come into the line at pace because they know by the time it gets to them instead of creating an extra man we've actually created an extra defender! I think it is what it is to a point and we should do more interpassing in the forwards therefore pulling in defenders and giving the fast lads more space.