Chizzy

Mr Hicks

Makes it sound like a deal extending beyond this year...

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I am pleased we have Chizzy back but Astley should be our scrum half during his loan period.We need to see what he can do and it may take more than a couple of games for him to slot in.So lets give the lad a chance if Wigan have seen something in him he could have a bright future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indigogo said:

He will certainly be better behind your pack than ours. I'm not convinced he's what you need though. Injury prone and weak defensively. 

Hopefully we can put the transfer money to use and sign a prop. I was hoping for Kopzcak in return as rumoured. 

Hope not we need Koppy more then ever now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Do you think so ? I've learnt over the years owt could happen lol.

I don't know anything but if at all possible I'm sure they would have wanted to soften the blow of Chizzy leaving with some good news about an incoming. I can't imagine we are a very attractive prospect for Kopzcak though so could see him turning us down and a fee being agreed. 

4 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

I don't know anything but if at all possible I'm sure they would have wanted to soften the blow of Chizzy leaving with some good news about an incoming. I can't imagine we are a very attractive prospect for Kopzcak though so could see him turning us down and a fee being agreed. 

It's a shame what's happened at Keighley for the die hard fans especially but they've attracted new/ lapsed fans and they won't want to attend when all these players are leaving. And you're right it doesn't look very attractive for new players. It seems to have been since IMG came on the scene and it doesn't look good for a lot of clubs - below SL.

13 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

It's a shame what's happened at Keighley for the die hard fans especially but they've attracted new/ lapsed fans and they won't want to attend when all these players are leaving. And you're right it doesn't look very attractive for new players. It seems to have been since IMG came on the scene and it doesn't look good for a lot of clubs - below SL.

It is a shame. It's happened so quickly and seems to be something new every week now. I fear we are quickly becoming (if not already) the laughing stock of the whole sport. 

it's 100% down to the IMG rulings. The owners have openly said we have (maybe not anymore!) the second largest wage bill behind you guys. Since the gradings have been announced we are so far behind clubs off the field (stand, facilities, reserves, PDLR team etc) that It makes little sense to spend big on the field as we wouldn't get promoted anyway. The aim now I guess will be to try and stay in the league this season and re work the whole squad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Hearing it was all agreed with Kopzcak but your injuries from the weekend put a stop to it happening. 

I don't know the full story obviously but letting Koppy go is crazy imo,even talk of it.

2 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Hearing it was all agreed with Kopzcak but your injuries from the weekend put a stop to it happening. 

Makes sense that.  Although I'm surprised that we were happy to let Koppy go - even before this weeks injuries.  He's got to be up there with Springer and Yei as the big impact players.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Chizzhome....

He was at York 2 weeks ago trying to get a move, but they wouldnt pay what he was asking.

No loyalty.

It sounds from Keighley's own press release as though they were happy for him to move on. He's out of contract at Keighley at the end of the year anyway so at this stage of the year would be fully entitled to speak to other clubs, and given the departures of Gale, Crooks and Santi (admittedly the latter due to a clause in his contract) it's probably not surprising that Chisholm has followed suit. He's 33 soon, married with 2 young kids and as Keighley have said if he has been able to secure an extra year's contract who can blame him for taking it?

I'm a bit ambivelant about this.  Part of me is chuffed to bets that Chizzy is back, but part of me thinks he's a bit older and we've moved on.  I hope the first bit of me is right and he re-energizes us.