Chizzy

Mr Hicks

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

I'm a bit ambivelant about this.  Part of me is chuffed to bets that Chizzy is back, but part of me thinks he's a bit older and we've moved on.  I hope the first bit of me is right and he re-energizes us.

I've had  mixed feelings but needs must and what's to lose ?

• Like 2

Now the dust has settled the Chisolm of 23 is nowhere near the mercurial Chisolm of 19 BUT if the club thinks it's worth the effort we've not to lose by bringing him in to cover injuries only time will tell if he brings owt to the party🥳

But I had to laugh according to the web the return of prodigal son, Dane Chisholm, making a triumphant return to Featherstone Rovers. is going to make fans hearts aflutter. Apparently we have all awaited this homecoming, to rekindle the player's magic on the field believing that Chisholm holds the key to unlocking OUR success. :kolobok_grin:

1 hour ago, POR said:

Now the dust has settled the Chisolm of 23 is nowhere near the mercurial Chisolm of 19 BUT if the club thinks it's worth the effort we've not to lose by bringing him in to cover injuries only time will tell if he brings owt to the party🥳

But I had to laugh according to the web the return of prodigal son, Dane Chisholm, making a triumphant return to Featherstone Rovers. is going to make fans hearts aflutter. Apparently we have all awaited this homecoming, to rekindle the player's magic on the field believing that Chisholm holds the key to unlocking OUR success. :kolobok_grin:

Who wrote that ,Hans Christian Anderson lol.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Just wondered - what are you basing that on ?

I'm going off watching him play for FEV and u tube games for Kieghley but if you want stats

In 19 he played 21 times for FEV scoring 16 tries 100 goals 

In 23 he's played 12 times for cougars scoring 2 tries 35 goals and overall including a season in league one 24 times  scoring 7 tries 35 goals

And don't forget after 19 the following three seasons for FEV  he scored 10 tries in 26 games SO 19 was the pinnacle of Chizzy's FEV career

5 hours ago, POR said:

Think his mum must have written it 🤣

Might stick a few more on the gate for the Swinton game like, so all good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Found an article from Wakey Express dated  19th June, where Long said that Ford is out for 4 to 6 weeks.

Well Swinton at home is week four

10 hours ago, haskey said:

A wonder if Aekins is now surplus to requirements ?

NO fans favourite Craig H would be the first to go

Aekins is a good player but is he better than any of our current half backs?.he is not a better full back than K who is also our goal kicker.Would you pick him on the wing instead of Briscoe as Gales place is secure for me.Sean does not pick backs for the bench so he ma\y have to sit games out.He is a keep though as we need depth in the squad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

.he is not a better full back than K 

That's true S but he is no worse They have different games killer uses his pace to score while Caleb is more intuitive  sitting defenders on their back sides to score they are both top notch   so for me it doesn't really matter which one plays

What  a great problem to have maybe  just maybe the one that plays is all down to which side of the bed SL gets out on match day :kolobok_laugh1:

3 minutes ago, POR said:

That's true S but he is no worse They have different games killer uses his pace to score while Caleb is more intuitive  sitting defenders on their back sides to score they are both top notch   so for me it doesn't really matter which one plays

What  a great problem to have maybe  just maybe the one that plays is all down to which side of the bed SL gets out on match day :kolobok_laugh1:

I wouldn’t have thought that MK would play every match either. Maybe due a rest this Sunday. Don’t want to risk him too much after the bad injury.

• Like 2

On 28/06/2023 at 17:38, POR said:

I'm going off watching him play for FEV and u tube games for Kieghley but if you want stats

In 19 he played 21 times for FEV scoring 16 tries 100 goals 

In 23 he's played 12 times for cougars scoring 2 tries 35 goals and overall including a season in league one 24 times  scoring 7 tries 35 goals

And don't forget after 19 the following three seasons for FEV  he scored 10 tries in 26 games SO 19 was the pinnacle of Chizzy's FEV career

Sounds like you've input Chizzy's data into an AI program.  Can you ask it if we will get promoted ?