IMG

plug

IMG have just posted there framework for the future of RL on the main total RL forum theres 69 pages to read ? Looking at it its just geared up for the SL as it is now I'E  teams and funding 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, plug said:

IMG have just posted there framework for the future of RL on the main total RL forum theres 69 pages to read ? Looking at it its just geared up for the SL as it is now I'E  teams and funding 

That's a shock !

Quickly flicking through the pages I would need a load of degrees . a lot of time to digest the report, and honestly would the average speccie understand all this bumf. To me it is a lot of money spent for licensing in  another more complicated way.

I just wish and hope it was worth it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Has the thread on the main forum been deleted or am I just been blind? Seen elswhere that the GameCaller has already worked out that Bradford score higher than a lot of SL teams. 🤣

No its still there 👌👌

Don't think we've anything to fear. Looking through the scoring system, I think we score at least as well, maybe better than our neighbours.

My only worry is the TV viewership metric. That's heavily skewed towards SL clubs, especially the ones that get picked for Channel 4.

Edited by David Shepherd

31 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Don't think we've anything to fear. Looking through the scoring system, I think we score at least as well, maybe better than our neighbours.

My only worry is the TV viewership metric. That's heavily skewed towards SL clubs, especially the ones that get picked for Channel 4.

I think you are being rather optimistic thinking Fev will get in without earning it on the field.For the life of me i can't see the clubs being better off and IMG getting their whack out of the revenue with the prospect of less SKY money or finding other broadcasting deals that bring in more money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Has the thread on the main forum been deleted or am I just been blind? Seen elswhere that the GameCaller has already worked out that Bradford score higher than a lot of SL teams. 🤣

He's good for comedy value is Gledhill. He brings the Bulls into every conversation he has. He still lives in bygone years when they were actually relevant.

• Like 2

Thread kept disappearing and coming back so guessing it was getting heavily moderated. This morning all clubs should have a really good idea of what their grading is going to be. Some of the rankings are open to manipulation though like the attendance figure. When we recently played Bradford there looked to about 1500-2000 people there, certainly one of the lowest crowds we had seen against them but was given as over 4k so Im interested to see how that is judged. Also looking at the scoring on that, once you get to >1500 then its a large jump up to 3k and pretty unrealistic for teams in the championship to make that jump without spending a whole lot of cash. 

I imagine this will be my last year of watching sport at this level on a regular basis as I were brought up on sport been about winning on the field and I'm getting too old now and the cost of watching it at this level does not offer value for money for me when there is nothing at stake on the pitch.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Thread kept disappearing and coming back so guessing it was getting heavily moderated. This morning all clubs should have a really good idea of what their grading is going to be. Some of the rankings are open to manipulation though like the attendance figure. When we recently played Bradford there looked to about 1500-2000 people there, certainly one of the lowest crowds we had seen against them but was given as over 4k so Im interested to see how that is judged. Also looking at the scoring on that, once you get to >1500 then its a large jump up to 3k and pretty unrealistic for teams in the championship to make that jump without spending a whole lot of cash. 

I imagine this will be my last year of watching sport at this level on a regular basis as I were brought up on sport been about winning on the field and I'm getting too old now and the cost of watching it at this level does not offer value for money for me when there is nothing at stake on the pitch.

Makes you wonder where the game is heading really. It's my sixtieth year watching Fev in August. I've seen Donny Bramley and Keighley win handsomely at Post Office Road and in the same year we went on to win the Challenge Cup for the first time. The magic of the Challenge cup in those days was unbelievable. NOW I couldn't care two hoots if St Helens Wigan Warrington or Leeds get to the final or not because whatever people believe we are actually watching two sports in one. Super League and Rugby League. The sport was divided with greed twenty odd years ago and alienated from the communities where it thrived. If I wasn't so entrenched with the habit of following Fev I wouldn't give the sport my time of day.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

SL could have an interesting look in a couple of years. Add us in due to the potential higher score than our neighbours, plus Bulls obviously as mentioned earlier. Add in the city teams of Newcastle, Sheffield and York as huge potential there. Toulouse are are given clearly, so that's 6 of the current 12 SL teams playing in the Championship in 2025. 🤪

• Haha 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

22 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

SL could have an interesting look in a couple of years. Add us in due to the potential higher score than our neighbours, plus Bulls obviously as mentioned earlier. Add in the city teams of Newcastle, Sheffield and York as huge potential there. Toulouse are are given clearly, so that's 6 of the current 12 SL teams playing in the Championship in 2025. 🤪

I actually like the idea of some different teams in there to mix it up a bit but in the back of my mind I know that in about 3 years time we will just have another revamp and this will all be forgotten.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I actually like the idea of some different teams in there to mix it up a bit but in the back of my mind I know that in about 3 years time we will just have another revamp and this will all be forgotten.

After sixty years of watching the RFL try to spread the game into other areas it becomes a bit of a bore in the end. There are not the finances (without a sugar daddy)to dump a new club from other areas into Super League with the hope that people will attend. The amateur game has become neglected and the pathway for ambitious young players to progress as been stunted due mainly to the lack of reserve team football at all clubs. Player talent has been massively reduced in the past few years because young players are turning away from the game.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Daft old hooker said:

I must admit my daughter has really got me and the wife in to watching Ice Hockey and if the game goes as expected that’s where I will be spending my time and money 

Eagles don't get many more than 1000 for games but Steelers ice hockey often get 6000/7000  and plenty of young uns.I have been a couple of times and enjoyed the games.I like the physical contact.Difficult to see the puck it travels so fast.One went over the barrier and hit a bloke in the forehead he ended up going to casualty for stitches.

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Eagles don't get many more than 1000 for games but Steelers ice hockey often get 6000/7000  and plenty of young uns.I have been a couple of times and enjoyed the games.I like the physical contact.Difficult to see the puck it travels so fast.One went over the barrier and hit a bloke in the forehead he ended up going to casualty for stitches.

We go to Leeds Knights who play on Elland Road who are in the equivalent of the championship went to quite a few games and really enjoyed it. 

Your last sentence . Phil . is spot on.  Young players are turning away partly because the talented ones are signed on, then either shipped out on loan. or replaced by journeymen Aussies and think what is the point??? Far too many of these Aussies in SL.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, haskey said:

Your last sentence . Phil . is spot on.  Young players are turning away partly because the talented ones are signed on, then either shipped out on loan. or replaced by journeymen Aussies and think what is the point??? Far too many of these Aussies in SL.

There's plenty in the Championship.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 08:47, J Phil Loxton said:

He's good for comedy value is Gledhill. He brings the Bulls into every conversation he has. He still lives in bygone years when they were actually relevant.

TO be fair J HE is tipping us for SL

𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐌𝐆/𝐑𝐅𝐋 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤. The winners under the new IMG/RFL grading era will be Toulouse and Featherstone with Castleford and Wakefield missing out.

:kolobok_yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...