Fibrus Community Stadium

townie88

Come on guys I think if Jamie and Marcus wanted to come back we would bite their arms off. They didn’t jump ship because of money to be fair, they went to play at a higher level. I would also take Liam mcavoy in a heartbeat 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

12 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Anyway........I thought the pitch looked great on Sunday - the stadium really does look great on a sunny day when the sun shining and we have a good crowd in.

Yes we need to move on to the new stadium so the club can survive but it would be travesty to move to reds for a small main stand only....

As everyone has said previously - We will have wait to see what the plans are like.

Because the current cartoon plans look poor and do not look anywhere as good as what we saw on Sunday, and as costs rise they could be downgraded and not be suitable.

If the money is not there now it is less likely to be there in future.

All the great work the BOD and others are doing now to bring in sponsorship and matchday experience and crowds and marquis area etc selling loads of drink etc would/could be lost to the club.

There isn't the space at BP that there is here, also as example the Fibrus deal would go to the stadium not Town and if any advertisement coming in it could go to stadium or would be halved or only a third if it was shared with stadium/reds/town.

Staying at DP gives full control of our own destiny.

These things need explained.

this week almost 1400 for a league one match brilliant - if the BOD and players continue in this way - what is the potential in the future - we dont want to ruin that future by making a decision to move without knowing every answer.

Town will be making a few quid out of beer sales, will they still get that ? - i have heard on some shared grounds that it isn't the case.

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I would be very surprised if the board signed any of our old players who chose to join Haven when we hit our sticky patch last season, aside from short term signings to cover injuries.

I don't for one minute blame those players for leaving when they weren't being paid and refusing the reduced terms by Town, but we need to stop looking backwards and embrace the future to build on the progress this BOD have made in just 12 months !!

I would rather have a team full of raw, game hungry young players than a team of journeymen who are just looking for a weekly pay packet.

Times change and as much as I sympathise with the predicament the Haven players and supporters find themselves in - we have to stop worrying about other clubs and concentrate on building solid foundations to have a solid end to this season and mount a serious tilt at for Championship rugby next season.

I agree players have to look after their family etc and wages is their priority. But I agree we should not sign any of our old players who chose to join Haven when we hit our sticky patch last season.

Unless the BOD had asked any players to leave because we couldn't afford them, in that case its different and if a player wanted to come back ant the club wants them at a more affordable cost then ok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wonky said:

Come on guys I think if Jamie and Marcus wanted to come back we would bite their arms off. They didn’t jump ship because of money to be fair, they went to play at a higher level. I would also take Liam mcavoy in a heartbeat 

Not for me, i'd rather get Jake Carter but we don't need more forwards.

The 3 players that have walked out at Haven are all props - Tom Walker, Liam McAvoy and Guy Graham. 

Also, the dad of one of their players posted on social media that Dave Eccleston has signed for Town for next season with another couple in talks.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

27 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The 3 players that have walked out at Haven are all props - Tom Walker, Liam McAvoy and Guy Graham. 

Also, the dad of one of their players posted on social media that Dave Eccleston has signed for Town for next season with another couple in talks.

Daves a good solid winger could also play center sure he played centre under Murray for NWC

39 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Well Liam is definitely one you would see back at town. I think Tom burned his bridges and it should stay that way 

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

Not for me, i'd rather get Jake Carter but we don't need more forwards.

I’d rather have Jake as you could imagine him and Kieran would be dynamite together, but I have to disagree massively, Marcus was outstanding for town and rightfully wanted to stay at that level, but I would assume if they’ve walked out would they be even allowed to sign for town? Or because they haven’t been paid does that mean there contracts are void? 

I'm a bit torn over signing anyone who's left Haven. All 3 are good props, the Haven fans all seem to rate Graham a lot. Walker probably won't happen because of the past. Everyone else mentioned hasn't left so maybe won't and then its a moot point. They also have no physio and the strength & conditioning coach has also left, so they are in a bad way.

I was shocked that they are paying players 35k a month in wages and they have the smallest budget in the division! 1200 gates were a punt and ridiculous to budget on.

I think we have some players with good potential who are still developing in the pro game. So for me this season we should stick with them, then see who we can pick up for next season. But you would always welcome back the likes of Cus if he was available, right now I'd rather we got Holroyd back for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 hours ago, wonky said:

I’d rather have Jake as you could imagine him and Kieran would be dynamite together, but I have to disagree massively, Marcus was outstanding for town and rightfully wanted to stay at that level, but I would assume if they’ve walked out would they be even allowed to sign for town? Or because they haven’t been paid does that mean there contracts are void? 

He was but Key has been fantastic too. You'd like to have them all but not playing on Sunday you've got him, Reid who has come off the bench and got us back into games that were slipping away, Liam who is improving each game and Caine who is class. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

He was but Key has been fantastic too. You'd like to have them all but not playing on Sunday you've got him, Reid who has come off the bench and got us back into games that were slipping away, Liam who is improving each game and Caine who is class. 

I agree, key is a prime example he's only played rugby 5 minute let alone professional and has the potential and pedigree to be anything he wants. Bring our own guys on especially if we've another season in this cak league..

• Like 5

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 11/07/2023 at 11:53, Derwent Parker said:

As everyone has said previously - We will have wait to see what the plans are like.

Because the current cartoon plans look poor and do not look anywhere as good as what we saw on Sunday, and as costs rise they could be downgraded and not be suitable.

If the money is not there now it is less likely to be there in future.

All the great work the BOD and others are doing now to bring in sponsorship and matchday experience and crowds and marquis area etc selling loads of drink etc would/could be lost to the club.

There isn't the space at BP that there is here, also as example the Fibrus deal would go to the stadium not Town and if any advertisement coming in it could go to stadium or would be halved or only a third if it was shared with stadium/reds/town.

Staying at DP gives full control of our own destiny.

These things need explained.

this week almost 1400 for a league one match brilliant - if the BOD and players continue in this way - what is the potential in the future - we dont want to ruin that future by making a decision to move without knowing every answer.

Town will be making a few quid out of beer sales, will they still get that ? - i have heard on some shared grounds that it isn't the case.

I love your passion for the stadium and you make some good points. We will all be sad when the gates are closed at DP and I certainly will have a tear in my eye having been attending games since 1963. The new stadium is vital for the future of both clubs. We can’t keep throwing money at the 2 ageing stadiums. Nobody knows what we are getting or what it will develop into in the future. I’m sure most of us will be disappointed if we get the existing BP with a new stand, if they turn the stadium around 90 deg with a new Stand then that’s a start to build on.. I can’t see a new grandstand being built where it used to be due to the lack of space next to a main rd. The BOD and volunteers have got the old girl looking a treat at the moment but underneath the veneer the place is crumbling. At the end of the day we just want what’s best for our 2 professionals clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I love your passion for the stadium and you make some good points. We will all be sad when the gates are closed at DP and I certainly will have a tear in my eye having been attending games since 1963. The new stadium is vital for the future of both clubs. We can’t keep throwing money at the 2 ageing stadiums. Nobody knows what we are getting or what it will develop into in the future. I’m sure most of us will be disappointed if we get the existing BP with a new stand, if they turn the stadium around 90 deg with a new Stand then that’s a start to build on.. I can’t see a new grandstand being built where it used to be due to the lack of space next to a main rd. The BOD and volunteers have got the old girl looking a treat at the moment but underneath the veneer the place is crumbling. At the end of the day we just want what’s best for our 2 professionals clubs.

They are not turning it around - it states on the cartoon stadium website that they are keeping the existing terracing.

If you turn it you cant keep the terracing ? see below

Which is also on Allerdale's meetings page in the minutes when they agreed it - it stated all it was is a new stand in the location of the stand they took the roof off?

Is this new stadium just a revamped Borough Park?
Situated on the Borough Park/Lonsdale Park site, and with over £6.4m currently invested in the stadium for phase 1, with additional funding for the community pitch, it is much more than a revamp. Until other stages are financed and completed it would make sense to retain some of the functionality of the site e.g., terracing.

8 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It’s certainly sounds like it will be a revamped BP, I’m not happy with that and I imagine a lot more Town fans won’t be either. 😡

I have said all along I am happy to move to something better. The original plans were and I was all for it.  This looks like [until we are told different] that it is a small stand with low level seating - which IMO is useless for watching RL - the front half dozen rows [if there is that many] will be lower than if you were standing.

My original answer was more about income and expenses.

If both clubs own stadium 50-50 do they split everything [apart from gates] 50-50

How do you split leccy bill for example.

Town play at summer and hardly use floodlights and only have 9 games.

Reds play winter and use lights far more and have loads more matches.

How do you split Beer Money for example.

Reds will have more home matches if they drink as much as Townies then if its 50-50 they lose out - I believe at the Midlands game it was announced we sold over 1300 pints? Thats a lot of money over a year.

Will Town be able to build a fanzone like now - is there any room for that. I have not a clue how much the club earns from that but they are keen on it so it must be fair to say they would miss it.

Were does the income from the fanzone go if there is one at BP

There's loads of questions - its not just about a small ground thats not fit for purpose.

I hope our directors have spoke to RFL about minimum standards - we dont want to be stuck in this awful League forever.  With all these changes about, the minimum standards could change quickly. SL have minimum standards and they are wanting to make it all A grades,

What if they then say Champs also have minimum standards and got to be all B grades and we cant get in Champ cos stadium to small? 

9 games a year forever??????????????? - 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

They are not turning it around - it states on the cartoon stadium website that they are keeping the existing terracing.

If you turn it you cant keep the terracing ? see below

Which is also on Allerdale's meetings page in the minutes when they agreed it - it stated all it was is a new stand in the location of the stand they took the roof off?

Is this new stadium just a revamped Borough Park?
Situated on the Borough Park/Lonsdale Park site, and with over £6.4m currently invested in the stadium for phase 1, with additional funding for the community pitch, it is much more than a revamp. Until other stages are financed and completed it would make sense to retain some of the functionality of the site e.g., terracing.

Totally unacceptable, BP is too small for RL , not suitable in the footprint as now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

I have said all along I am happy to move to something better. The original plans were and I was all for it.  This looks like [until we are told different] that it is a small stand with low level seating - which IMO is useless for watching RL - the front half dozen rows [if there is that many] will be lower than if you were standing.

My original answer was more about income and expenses.

If both clubs own stadium 50-50 do they split everything [apart from gates] 50-50

How do you split leccy bill for example.

Town play at summer and hardly use floodlights and only have 9 games.

Reds play winter and use lights far more and have loads more matches.

How do you split Beer Money for example.

Reds will have more home matches if they drink as much as Townies then if its 50-50 they lose out - I believe at the Midlands game it was announced we sold over 1300 pints? Thats a lot of money over a year.

Will Town be able to build a fanzone like now - is there any room for that. I have not a clue how much the club earns from that but they are keen on it so it must be fair to say they would miss it.

Were does the income from the fanzone go if there is one at BP

There's loads of questions - its not just about a small ground thats not fit for purpose.

I hope our directors have spoke to RFL about minimum standards - we dont want to be stuck in this awful League forever.  With all these changes about, the minimum standards could change quickly. SL have minimum standards and they are wanting to make it all A grades,

What if they then say Champs also have minimum standards and got to be all B grades and we cant get in Champ cos stadium to small? 

9 games a year forever??????????????? - 

Wouldn't be fair on reds if everything got split 50/50 as they would have twice as many home games in a season . Be win win win for town

Can’t be much of a grandstand they are proposing, you can barely get a bus down the back of the original one. Bobg is right about the pitch size as well, we will finish up with one metre dead ball areas. We will have to wait and see what we finish up with, but it looks like there will be a lot of disappointed Town fans.

l

• Like 2