Castleford’s New Coach

49 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Ross Strudwick wife Lisa would have been able to do it ,she used to take the Crusaders (Pre Broncos) players for step classes at Crystal Palace they were mainly totally dead after one of her sessions.

Paul 

It’s really funny watching some of the bench press brigade wander into a pump or HIIT class that I attend with the wife.  They pose in front of the mirrors, preen themselves, then after a few minutes they are absolutely cream crackered😄😄😄😄😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Ross Strudwick wife Lisa would have been able to do it ,she used to take the Crusaders (Pre Broncos) players for step classes at Crystal Palace they were mainly totally dead after one of her sessions.

Paul 

So long as they won the second half❗

• Haha 1

Dane Dorahy as Ward's assistant is one from outside the box.  In a recent RWB FB interview Dorahy did mention wanting to get into SL coaching and had chatted with Applegarth about being his assistant.  Obviously nothing came of that opening. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 hours ago, Click said:

Can I ask why you think he "is a far superior coach" ? What has Ward done to not think he has huge potential as a coach. He was promoted to SL during a time when Toronto were outspending everyone, and he almost kept London in SL with a team that wasn't even closely comparable in terms of salary cap spend with other SL teams.

My thoughts exactly.

Really happy with this appointment, although should have been made instead of Last in the first place.   Just googled the 2019 Broncos squad that only got relegated on points difference.  One of the weakest SL squads ive ever seen to be honest.  They had more than double the league points Cas do and Ryse Williams, Keiren Dixon, Jay Pitts and Jordan Abdull scored almost the same amount of tries as Cas have this year.

Dane Dorety is an interesting one too, note he's been doing a playmaker skills coaching school over in Aus as well as some coaching over there, be interesting to see what ideas he brings.

Question is, whether it's too late, which I suspect it is.

Edited by Gates1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gates1 said:

My thoughts exactly.

Really happy with this appointment, although should have been made instead of Last in the first place.   Just googled the 2019 Broncos squad that only got relegated on points difference.  One of the weakest SL squads ive ever seen to be honest.  They had more than double the league points Cas do and Ryse Williams, Keiren Dixon, Jay Pitts and Jordan Abdull scored almost the same amount of tries as Cas have this year.

Dane Dorety is an interesting one too, note he's been doing a playmaker skills coaching school over in Aus as well as some coaching over there, be interesting to see what ideas he brings.

Question is, whether it's too late, which I suspect it is.

How is it too late? We're on the same points, it's a striaght race to the finish. New coaches sometimes get the bounce and still think you have a better collection of play makers than Trinity, even accounting for the absence of McShane.

15 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

How is it too late? We're on the same points, it's a striaght race to the finish. New coaches sometimes get the bounce and still think you have a better collection of play makers than Trinity, even accounting for the absence of McShane.

In my view Trinity have the momentum and more home games than Cas.

Ward will have 3-4 training sessions with Cas before the Wakey game,  he cant really implement any major change in that time.  Obvious the winner of which will take a huge step forward survival wise. 

Last should have gone after the Hull FC game with the above in mind.

As for playmakers Widdop has had one decent game (still gave away two trys in that before waking up), Miller is dreadful, just dreadful (hope to god he isn't selected next week), we had to bring a young not SL standard loaned in and have been using a centre as a playmaker a fair bit!.

Obviously the hope is that Austin can change that. Along with with Liam Horne who looks lively.

Edited by Gates1