Trouble at t'mill?

It would appear that Nene Macdonald hasn't returned to the Rhinos since being given permission to fly home for the birth of his child. He was named in the squad for Hull FC last weekend but obviously wasn't there.

Club not really saying anything, Coach very vague in any statement (though where is the change there!), not the first player to have a cloud over them at Headingley this season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It would appear that Nene Macdonald hasn't returned to the Rhinos since being given permission to fly home for the birth of his child. He was named in the squad for Hull FC last weekend but obviously wasn't there.

Club not really saying anything, Coach very vague in any statement (though where is the change there!), not the first player to have a cloud over them at Headingley this season.

There must be a common denominator for the unrest at Leeds, I should think you would have an opinion as to what that would be Tommy, please share.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There must be a common denominator for the unrest at Leeds, I should think you would have an opinion as to what that would be Tommy, please share.

I think there's poor management and recruitment at play clearly.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He signed a deal to stay at Leigh 2 months before going to Leeds!

Do you have an opinion as to why that would be, please share.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Matt Frawley signed too, a man who has played fewer than 25 1st grade games in 4 seasons at Canberra.

Bit of a downgrade from targetting Luke Brooks...

Matt Frawley is not a bad player and can manage a team around the park.

I also think Leeds have picked up a quality signing in Lachlan Miller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

The common denominator is the club do not want players playing who don't want to be there, we've needed a big clear out for a while. Our success was built on a foundation of core players that gave all for the club.

However I think there's more to the Macdonald thing that will come out (or maybe not), Ive only heard rumours but the rumours Ive heard make it look like its the player in the wrong in this instance.

16 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Do you have an opinion as to why that would be, please share.

No not really only that he is an old friend of Rohan Smith. I have often thought in hindsight would he still have come to the same decision, but on the other hand Leigh had to jettison some overseas player's and it didn't at the time seem that they were trying to persuade him to stay.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

The common denominator is the club do not want players playing who don't want to be there, we've needed a big clear out for a while. Our success was built on a foundation of core players that gave all for the club.

However I think there's more to the Macdonald thing that will come out (or maybe not), Ive only heard rumours but the rumours Ive heard make it look like its the player in the wrong in this instance.

It can’t always be the players’ fault, deciding they want out. Leeming, Austin, Walters, Tindall etc…now McDonald. They can’t all be bad eggs, especially the younger ones who’ve been through the system.  

Kai Morgan looks to be going to Salford and I’ve heard other youngsters are pondering SL deals elsewhere having not made their debuts yet. Which youngster’s deciding they don’t want to play for Leeds having gone through the academy? It’s all they want to do…I’m a Wakey fan and appreciate that. Something’s not right. 

17 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

It can’t always be the players’ fault, deciding they want out. Leeming, Austin, Walters, Tindall etc…now McDonald. They can’t all be bad eggs, especially the younger ones who’ve been through the system.  

Kai Morgan looks to be going to Salford and I’ve heard other youngsters are pondering SL deals elsewhere having not made their debuts yet. Which youngster’s deciding they don’t want to play for Leeds having gone through the academy? It’s all they want to do…I’m a Wakey fan and appreciate that. Something’s not right. 

I just seem to get the impression none of it makes any sense. Recruitment and retention is all over the place. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

The BIG club tag is diminishing at an astonishing rate.

Leeds have always been a big club throughout my lifetime, even when they were the games underachievers and had far smaller crowds than now. Things like this do not change that.

• Like 3