Fri 8th Sept: SL: Castleford Tigers v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/23 at 19:30

Looks to me like a good opportunity for Cas to more or less ensure survival against opponents who are in poor form and who have nothing at stake. 

I think it's an opportunity they'll take.

• Like 2

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

Looks to me like a good opportunity for Cas to more or less ensure survival against opponents who are in poor form and who have nothing at stake. 

I think it's an opportunity they'll take.

Absolutely bang on, couldn't have put it better myself.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Quare Quare in, Cas 6 Hull 0.

Swift does what Swift does,

6-6.

Quare Quare goes 90m.

12-6.

Widdop over,

16-6.

18-6.

• Like 1

19-6.

Hull were trying in my opinion, lacked direction in the half's though. I'd have that as, by far, the best Cas performance of the season.   Despite umpteen silly mistakes!   Some real defensive clutch plays, from Wallis and Broadbent, in particular.  More threatening going forward than we have been all year.

Austin's in play kicking is a world apart from what Cas have been doing all year, huge difference to be fair.  Pretty much every kick is effective one way or another.

Edited by Gates1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Hull were trying in my opinion, lacked direction in the half's though. I'd have that as, by far, the best Cas performance of the season.   Despite umpteen silly mistakes!   Some real defensive clutch plays, from Wallis and Broadbent, in particular.  More threatening going forward than we have been all year.

Austin's in play kicking is a world apart from what Cas have been doing all year, huge difference to be fair.  Pretty much every kick is effective one way or another.

We've looked out of sorts for a few weeks now, particularly in defence (something that improved massively in the middle of the season). In attack, we've been guilty of trying too hard and pushing plays that weren't on and turning the ball over. We're we like that last night?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We've looked out of sorts for a few weeks now, particularly in defence (something that improved massively in the middle of the season). In attack, we've been guilty of trying too hard and pushing plays that weren't on and turning the ball over. We're we like that last night?

Yes, some of the stuff we came up with was brainless. We were continually pushing plays that weren't on and the pass Tex Hoy threw for the interception was one of the worst you'll ever see. I know we were missing both our halves but that's no excuse for the rubbish we served up. You have to be able to adapt to losing a player or two. It happens.

Despite the best efforts of TransPennine Express I got there just in time for the start of the game. They should have done me a favour and just cancelled.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

15 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Absolutely bang on, couldn't have put it better myself.

We've both been watching our team long enough to know what was coming last night. I'd like to say I was surprised by just how abject a performance it was but I wasn't.

• Like 1