Fri 15th Sept: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/09/23 at 19:30

8 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Luke Gale passes inside to Jowitt who misses the drop goal. Gale you are the senior player take responsibility you absolute muppet.

I think that was the idea that Gale would take the rush. Jowitt really made a hash of it as it was on a plate. Leigh got the winner from their only attempt inside Wakefields half in the whole 9 minutes played of extra time. A cool head counts.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

And a draw at 80 minutes means I lose my accumulator just one game short too.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Firstly, well done you Wakey fans who made the trip over, secondly I felt totally sorry them when the winning drop goal went over, quite frankly they did not deserve to lose but as we all know when your down on luck it keeps biting you on the arriss and losing becomes a habit you can't easily shake off.

Leigh had enough possesion and recieved enough free kicks to win 3 games never mind just this one, but there was simply no cohesion at all, those balls that went to hand and all the direct passing for most of the season went AWOL and when we did manage some moves but then in the main Wakefields defence was up to the task.

Leigh have had a season that not many would have predicted at the start of the season, so whatever happens from here on in we Leigh fans can't complain whatever comes next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leighs social media team being rather classless tonight, they should know as much as anyone how being relegated affects the club and fans, really don’t think they should be taking the ######

I think that this season, especially compared to their previous SL campaigns, has been so amazing for Leigh fans that a small minority have let it go their heads and said things that they might consider classless and chippy when they look back at 2023 in a few years' time.

Most of the club's fans have just been overjoyed and slightly stunned by how good this season has gone.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, daz39 said:

So is the we've had to put up with from some of them over the last 20 years, good riddance.

Do you fancy merging with us if we promise to play 50% of the games in Huddersfield?

How many times did you finish bottom, without being relegated?

What's the plan when Davy stops underwriting your £2m+ losses per year?

What are your real attendances (not the made up ones used to suggest a modicum of respectability)?

Where will you play when the soccer club kick you out?

Sir, as a Hudds fan, you should just keep your head down and shuffle on. Your club has NO redeeming factors.

6 minutes ago, Zilla Budgie said:

I like Wakefield Trinity, not sure we deserved to win, but we did. Wigan will stroll it next week unfortunately. 😞

Then I expect we will finish 5th with a trip to HKR in the play offs, but it's been a good ride this season, hopefully we recruit well for next year.

Question to Leigh fans, what does Jack Hughes do during a game and why is he seemingly a favourite of Mr Lams, Holmes did twice as much as Hughes in the short time he was on the field, I just don't get it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leighs social media team being rather classless tonight, they should know as much as anyone how being relegated affects the club and fans, really don’t think they should be taking the ######

Whoever runs Leigh’s social media is doing an awful job. That tweet just being one example of their ineptitude.

Looks like 4th is Hull KR’s for the taking, and they won’t be losing at home in the play offs. Leigh need to find another way of Asiata isn’t playing. You won’t win many with Davis trying to be a ball playing 13 and Reynolds at stand off. Reynolds named man of the match, to a reaction of sheer disbelief 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Then I expect we will finish 5th with a trip to HKR in the play offs, but it's been a good ride this season, hopefully we recruit well for next year.

Question to Leigh fans, what does Jack Hughes do during a game and why is he seemingly a favourite of Mr Lams, Holmes did twice as much as Hughes in the short time he was on the field, I just don't get it.

Asked that very question at the game. Holmes was playing in that position when we were in our best form. It should be him or Halton playing there. And Mellor should be playing at 6. 

1 minute ago, phiggins said:

Whoever runs Leigh’s social media is doing an awful job. That tweet just being one example of their ineptitude.

Looks like 4th is Hull KR’s for the taking, and they won’t be losing at home in the play offs. Leigh need to find another way of Asiata isn’t playing. You won’t win many with Davis trying to be a ball playing 13 and Reynolds at stand off. Reynolds named man of the match, to a reaction of sheer disbelief 

Worst game I have seen Reynolds play all season, did his Mam pick today's MOM?