Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

3 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

It's a strange one to say the least.

We've lost our three veteran middles, Lockwood, Moors and Kopczak (all of whom were 2 or 3 years older than Massey). So we needed some grafters to replace them, and that's the one position where it's really difficult to find half-decent youngsters in that position. Any prop/middle who shows a glimmer of promise seems to get snapped up by a SL club, there just aren't many youngish players around in that position who would be available.

So I'm okay with it. As it is, it might be that prop/middle is an area where we still need to look to DR for a bit of support. We've got Springer, Addy who will almost certainly play in a loose forward role, Massey and maybe Yei if he comes back. Maybe Bussey too but he might play on the edge.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We've lost our three veteran middles, Lockwood, Moors and Kopczak (all of whom were 2 or 3 years older than Massey). So we needed some grafters to replace them, and that's the one position where it's really difficult to find half-decent youngsters in that position. Any prop/middle who shows a glimmer of promise seems to get snapped up by a SL club, there just aren't many youngish players around in that position who would be available.

So I'm okay with it. As it is, it might be that prop/middle is an area where we still need to look to DR for a bit of support. We've got Springer, Addy who will almost certainly play in a loose forward role, Massey and maybe Yei if he comes back. Maybe Bussey too but he might play on the edge.

Cheers.

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I hope he has still got a bit left in the tank and that he does well for us.  

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Maybe people should give Massey a chance, before writing him off. Plus it’s not like there are huge numbers of props available. 

Exactly M but you got to understand some are still upset FEV got rid of their favourite player so anybody we sign will NOT be as good

• Like 1

In view of the circumstances the club has to do the best it can. Let's let them get along with it. To all the people who are not happy, could you suggest an answer? Perhaps if we all donated around £100 each then things might improve. We have to live with the position we are in and take the best strides forward we can.  UTR.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

In view of the circumstances the club has to do the best it can. Let's let them get along with it. To all the people who are not happy, could you suggest an answer? Perhaps if we all donated around £100 each then things might improve. We have to live with the position we are in and take the best strides forward we can.  UTR.

Some fans are already donating to the squad builder and ÂŁ100 is a lot of people especially this time of year.

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Plus it was a squad of players who failed to get the job done. I’m glad we have moved on, and think we’ve made some really promising signings. 

Yeah I just have a problem with that first bit.  I don't think anyone would doubt that the squad did not fail for the first 95% of the season.  So do we make scapegoats of half a dozen or so that did not perform when it mattered ?  If so, well, we've already re-signed some of those..........

In terms of moving on I would have thought that a new coach would have been the best way to start.  Whether or not Ford is the best man for the job or whether he had enough time to put his mark on things last year - I don't know. 

However the overriding thing from last year for me will always be poor team selections and a reliance on playing a 'power' game week in week out which increasingly looked both predictable and beatable to other teams as it did to some of us.

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As an aside, anyone remember that gloating tweet an hour after we had lost against London claiming that players we had signed with SL in mind were already on at their agents to ditch Fev? Quite amusing that we've now announced 3 of those longtime well-publicised signings for SL (Addy, Minikin and Massey).

Yep.  Wasn't Reynolds also mentioned prior to the London nightmare ?