Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

Interesting squad list on web page 

8 Gadwin 9 Connor 10 Nathan

11 Brad 12 Jack

13 Danny

:kolobok_yahoo:

As a footnote although we have only announced 14 they have given Moris number 20 looks like they know something we don't

:kolobok_grin:

Edited by POR

2024 SQUAD, 14 PLAYERS:

1 Caleb Aekins (2024)

2 Connor Wynne (New from Hull) (2024)

4 Greg Minikin (New from Warrington) (2024)

5 Gareth Gale (2024, 2025)

6 Ben Reynolds (Return from Leigh) (2024, 2025)

7 Thomas Lacans (2024, 2025)

8 Gadwin Springer (2024)

9 Connor Jones (2024)

10 Nathan Massey (Return from Castleford) (2024)

11 Brad Day (2024)

12 Jack Bussey (2024)

13 Danny Addy (New from Salford) (2024)

14 Harry Bowes (New from Wakefield) (2024)

20 Moris Kamano (New from Hunslet ARLFC)

UNCONFIRMED:

Chris Hankinson, Josh Hardcastle, McKenzie Yei, Ellis Longstaff

LEFT: James Lockwood (retired), Mark Kheirallah (retired), Junior Moors (retired), Arama Hau (back to Gold Coast), Craig Hall (Doncaster), Luke Briscoe (Doncaster), Craig Kopczak (Oldham), Elijah Taylor (Oldham), Matty Wildie (Oldham), Mathieu Cozza (Wakefield), Daniel Smith (Bradford), John Davies (Bradford), Luke Cooper (Batley). Johnathon Ford, Joey Leilua, Tyla Hepi, Dane Chisholm.

Of course we don't know for sure whether the numbers on the website are official or just provisional/someone's guesswork, but assuming they are official...

- the only vacancy from 1-13 is number 3 which was Hankinson's number from last season.
- stating the obvious but Kamano being number 20 would suggest we have numbers 15-19 wrapped up or in mind, though we could hardly run with fewer than 20 even with DR.
- the numbers might seem to confirm that there probably aren't going to be any "high-profile" signings still to come prior to the season start, I say this because we have stated that we're running on half last season's budget and the retentions from last year, plus the new signings are probably going to take us fairly close to that level.

Thinking about where we are likely to be looking to use DR players from HKR (because it seems likely that will be a significant part of our strategy if as expected we're running with a much smaller squad this year)...we are currently badly lacking in middles, even if Yei re-signs, and HKR have a fair amount of strength in depth there...there's a chance someone like Matty Storton might not crack their 17 but if not they have Yusuf Ayden who would be a fair way down their depth chart, played a couple of times for us last year and could be a regular for us this season, plus they have a couple of promising young middles.

Obviously we still need more players to give us what the club says will be  a highly competitive team in the Championship next year apparently all our recruitment plans are progressing in the right direction and the journey ahead is bright the best is yet to come

When it comes to recruitment Fordy says we are building a squad of leaders who have proven themselves in the Super League, week in and week out  combined with young, hungry players keen to prove themselves so who's next through the door is it going to be a proven Super League player, a young hungry player or will we be going to the land down under for a Mckenzie or an Arama

Make no mistake no matter what happens looks like we're in for some interesting times in the wonderful world of FEV:kolobok_yahoo:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

For me, we need some mobility in the second row, Bussey and Day, although solid players, aren’t the most mobile. Longstaff might help, if he does resign.

I would have thought when we bought him last july it wasn't just for 8 league games but had a eye for this year as well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, POR said:

I would have thought when we bought him last july it wasn't just for 8 league games but had a eye for this year as well

At the time it was said to be a permanent deal.It may have been tied in with if we reached SL.His agent may be hoping for better terms from other clubs.I like him centre or second row 14st so right size for either and he is only 21/22 years old.Scored 6 tries in 10 games for Hull FC in SL including two against KR at Magic Weekend.The type of player who should develop in the Championship.He has played for England Knights so the ability is there.

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

At the time it was said to be a permanent deal.It may have been tied in with if we reached SL.His agent may be hoping for better terms from other clubs.I like him centre or second row 14st so right size for either and he is only 21/22 years old.Scored 6 tries in 10 games for Hull FC in SL including two against KR at Magic Weekend.The type of player who should develop in the Championship.He has played for England Knights so the ability is there.

Given Longstaff and Hankinson haven’t been announced, I wonder if it’s the same with Hanks. Both players waiting to see if any SL teams move in for them?.  Although with squads being announced I think that opportunities maybe be limited.

Edited by Monkeymagic22

10 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

At the time it was said to be a permanent deal.It may have been tied in with if we reached SL.His agent may be hoping for better terms from other clubs.I 

I would have thought when we bought him in july he signed for FEV irrespectve of SL status and if he goes we sell him

12 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Given Longstaff and Hankinson haven’t been announced, I wonder if it’s the same with Hanks. Both players waiting to see if any SL teams move in for them?.  Although with squads being announced I think that opportunities maybe be limited.

I would have thought with Hanks stature in the game there would be rumours of SL interest  but I've seen nowt

15 hours ago, POR said:

Interesting squad list on web page 

8 Gadwin 9 Connor 10 Nathan

11 Brad 12 Jack

13 Danny

:kolobok_yahoo:

As a footnote although we have only announced 14 they have given Moris number 20 looks like they know something we don't

:kolobok_grin:

You would hope so, surely.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Featherstonerovers2000 said:

Ellis longstaff was in back of one of pictures 

That’s potentially 2 more in the squad then so we’re up to 16, hopefully hankinson to announce aswell, wonder if a few more amateur players will come on trial or a permanent basis 

2 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

In the forum MOM totals, there were 15 players who scored more points than Cozza... so I guess that he didn't impress that much.

For what it is worth I would have kept Cozza.

I’m not sure, didn’t really do enough for me. Can’t recall too many tackle busts or breaks.