RogerT

8 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Serious question is no one worried about the age of the bulk of the squad ? Bearing in mind 3 quarters of the squad as resigned that went off the boil before and after Wembley.  I honestly was expecting more fresh signings but as yet just cover for departed players. I mentioned it before last season father time catches players up.loyalty for players previous efforts could bite us this season if we don't strengthen more 

So out of the resigned players announced who would you rather not have at the club ? 

• Haha 2

He hasn't been Rog. My fear like Toffee is that we have re-signed (and probably not finished doing so) players who had nothing left for what turned out to be almost a quarter of the season and who, (admittedly they will have rested and pulled bodies back into shape) will still be first choices, whereas we needed a major overhaul not just a minor service. The number of players who have left neighbouring clubs and got a gig elsewhere is disturbing (unless the other new signings Kev alluded to are really exciting). Yes, we keep being told that we manage to turn out competitive teams; is competitive meaning that we'll take part in great games or we'll AGAIN pull off miracles? One season, we won't, we're going to be competing with teams this time who have pulled off their own miracles. And yes, I know, we're already battling a near 60 grand deficit....

give over about Browny, too old, he still can turn a game when he is on, and think you will find last quarter of the season he was carrying injuries but still put up his hand to play as squad was a bit thin on the ground and i hope he signs up for one more season, also his father passed away towards back end of the season

• Like 2

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

11 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Brown too old now great servant but too old elliot kear too old too slow josh eoods stealing a wage ide sooner see Gary Barnet back he put a shift In unlike woods .like morton but just no speed now 

At least you're honest. Not sure about Kear being too slow though. Got a decent bit of pace about him. 

Elliot is my sponsored player so I'm bound to be biased! He's not a winger, always played better for us when we had centre problems and he moved inside, which I would have expected him to do in 2024 and for us to have brought in a genuine young paceman like Boafo.

13 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Brown too old now great servant but too old elliot kear too old too slow josh eoods stealing a wage ide sooner see Gary Barnet back he put a shift In unlike woods .like morton but just no speed now 

Morton has scored 20 tries a season for the last 2 seasons. What more do you want? He has turned into a great finisher.

Edited by distantdog
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Morton has scored 20 tries a season for the last 2 seasons. What more do you want? He has turned into a great finisher.

Great outside back, good meter eater coming out of yardage, great finisher, safe under the high ball and can defend. All that Boafo has when I have seen him is pace. You need more than that at this level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

This is true but jonny campbell 2 years ago looked great last year not same player last season Its ok scoring from 10 meters out but when was last time you saw us score lengh.of field try or actually be able to score from distance

Do you get more points for long distance tries?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

For a great % of our fans, the kadt thing we beed is getting our hearts going Roger!! Still, we do need pace, the old saying 'I'll do your tackling, you do my running'!

On 02/11/2023 at 21:58, coolie said:

Looks like boxing day will be 9 a side with 2 substitutions 🤣

We now have a full team plus 2 subs but not necessary all in the correct position.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RogerT said:

We now have a full team plus 2 subs but not necessary all in the correct position.

Not far off tho roger

1 .  Rourke
2 . kear
3 . Buchanan
4 . Burton
5 . Morton
6 . White
7 . Woods
8 . Gledhill
9 . Burton/leak
10. Cooper
11. Manning
12. Flynn
14. Senior
15. Ward

IMG_0583.JPG

11 hours ago, RogerT said:

Put Leak at 13 then we have.

White will go in to 13 with Meadows at 6. I also think Browny will be on that list and that Senior will have a centre starting spot in front of Burton.

Edited by BullyXL

Not announced Roger. Someone alleged to the club awaiting a DR arrangement with Cas, not favoured here, seaso long loans maybe, but Kev has also suggested there are still new signings to be announced. With the 3 new guys and should all non-retired/ moved on players re-sign then as I have previously mentioned that would give us a squad of 20. We couldn't manage a season last season with a starting out squad of what we had (29ish?), often down to the 17 fittest. We don't want to be in a situation where some players mightn't really fancy it but think they owe if we were then to end up again down to unfit men. So, that leaves 2 options; to get upto a proper running squad we have to sign 8 players, which was a figure well bandied about on the terraces at the end of last season with guesses as to possible leavers, or we have already signed but not announced 2 or 3 more and are relying on loans from other clubs to top up. It must nearly be time for a 'return to work' for the players and it can't be a comfortable place for Mokko to be at, not knowing who he's going to be coaching, who he's going to be coaching with seeing as he's 2 staff down and he has a game to be ready for in 47 days. It might not be the Cup Final but anybody underprepared playing in that game could quickly find themselves on the sick.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

Not announced Roger. Someone alleged to the club awaiting a DR arrangement with Cas, not favoured here, seaso long loans maybe, but Kev has also suggested there are still new signings to be announced. With the 3 new guys and should all non-retired/ moved on players re-sign then as I have previously mentioned that would give us a squad of 20. We couldn't manage a season last season with a starting out squad of what we had (29ish?), often down to the 17 fittest. We don't want to be in a situation where some players mightn't really fancy it but think they owe if we were then to end up again down to unfit men. So, that leaves 2 options; to get upto a proper running squad we have to sign 8 players, which was a figure well bandied about on the terraces at the end of last season with guesses as to possible leavers, or we have already signed but not announced 2 or 3 more and are relying on loans from other clubs to top up. It must nearly be time for a 'return to work' for the players and it can't be a comfortable place for Mokko to be at, not knowing who he's going to be coaching, who he's going to be coaching with seeing as he's 2 staff down and he has a game to be ready for in 47 days. It might not be the Cup Final but anybody underprepared playing in that game could quickly find themselves on the sick.

Moxon has everything sorted don’t worry about it… he knows who he’s coaching with and who’s available come Boxing Day… I think you need a new hobbies instead of worrying about mark & his staff 

• Like 2