Sat 7th Oct: Ch S/F: Toulouse Olympique v Bradford Bulls KO 17:00 (UK time)

Who will win?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Bradford Bulls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/23 at 16:30

Ok. I’m out here, I think there’s going to be in the region of 1k Bulls fans here +/- 10%. There’s plenty of orange Bash shirts around. Not as hot as I was expecting, shouldn’t be too bad come 6pm. 
This is a stronger Bulls team, both physically and more importantly, mentally, that was here in June. This’ll be close, but Bulls will nick it at the end. My nerves would prefer it to be by a try but I’ll take a Lilley drop goal if I have to!

Think it will be one game and one injury too many. But we've definitely had a season to be proud of and something to build on which we've not had for a long time. 

But you never know. Toulouse have limped into the play-offs. If we're still in the game on the hour mark, it be interesting how they react to that pressure, whereas we've been in that situation the last 4 weeks. 

38-20 it ends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

9 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Shouldn't this be pinned?

I would recommend that you read the thread pinned to the top of the forum. A slightly different and much more mature explanation is provided compared to the one you were provided earlier. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

My mate told me that the Bulls players are all suffering from agoraphobia after playing on a correct size pitch.

I don't know about agoraphobia, but I think Mick Gledhill mentioned the pitch was 12 metres wider than Odsal and is in fact, the largest pitch in the Championship.

That has to be a factor and something that needs addressing if the Bulls are ever going to be serious about moving forward.

• Like 2

There was a pitch dimension problem when Gaskell kicked a perfect 20:40 and the linesman was confused about the rule. Vella eventually decided that it was Toulouse ball. Video ref would have fixed that easily. Other than that, Bradfords discipline wasn’t as good as it has been recently so Vella came into play more. Toulouse were there for the taking and we blew it

58 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

There was a pitch dimension problem when Gaskell kicked a perfect 20:40 and the linesman was confused about the rule. Vella eventually decided that it was Toulouse ball. Video ref would have fixed that easily. Other than that, Bradfords discipline wasn’t as good as it has been recently so Vella came into play more. Toulouse were there for the taking and we blew it

I did see that as we were on the 30m line and wondered why it wasn't given.  And I agree, semi finals should all have video, something the RFL need to look at.

11 hours ago, TrueBull said:

Ok. I’m out here, I think there’s going to be in the region of 1k Bulls fans here +/- 10%. There’s plenty of orange Bash shirts around. Not as hot as I was expecting, shouldn’t be too bad come 6pm. 
This is a stronger Bulls team, both physically and more importantly, mentally, that was here in June. This’ll be close, but Bulls will nick it at the end. My nerves would prefer it to be by a try but I’ll take a Lilley drop goal if I have to!

I was wondering where all the Bulls fans were as Type 2 corner, which is favorite of away fans, had maybe a 100 or so, maybe a few more dotted around but not many.

Disappointed though....No band and no dancing girls tonight

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

I don't know about agoraphobia, but I think Mick Gledhill mentioned the pitch was 12 metres wider than Odsal and is in fact, the largest pitch in the Championship.

That has to be a factor and something that needs addressing if the Bulls are ever going to be serious about moving forward.

how any one can take the bulls serious when they play in that sub standard latrine is beyond me. Big City , Big following (potentially) big club (potentially) do yourselves a favour guys, ditch that dump you play in or do some serious  spending to improve it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

I was wondering where all the Bulls fans were as Type 2 corner, which is favorite of away fans, had maybe a 100 or so, maybe a few more dotted around but not many.

Not a surprise....

Bradford home attendance figures are totally fabricated, and from the videos on  the Bradford twitter account the support in Toulouse looks nowhere near 1000, as claimed.

Would be interested to know the official attendance.

Edited by bigbaldnmad
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

how any one can take the bulls serious when they play in that sub standard latrine is beyond me. Big City , Big following (potentially) big club (potentially) do yourselves a favour guys, ditch that dump you play in or do some serious  spending to improve it.

I don't disagree something needs doing, but then most Bulls fans have been saying that for as long as I can recall - and I'm 64 years old!

That said, it's a bit rich having a Wakefield fan call out substandard grounds. Granted, there's some work going on at the moment - about 20 years later than promised, but the rest of the ground is definitely not worthy of a top-level professional sport.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I don't disagree something needs doing, but then most Bulls fans have been saying that for as long as I can recall - and I'm 64 years old!

That said, it's a bit rich having a Wakefield fan call out substandard grounds. Granted, there's some work going on at the moment - about 20 years later than promised, but the rest of the ground is definitely not worthy of a top-level professional sport.

Yes agree, had we had a competent council then we would have had a new stadium years ago. We are where we are but things are still being done to improve the situation. Finally professional sport happens on the pitch and Wakey have one and always have had one of the finest. (apart from the few months when idiot Carter tried to use it against recommendations) . If Bradford would dig out that sludge track and lay a proper pitch without curly corners or stuff like that, Odsal would be making a huge leap forward in becoming an acceptable ground.

• Like 2