The whining about the low GF attendance thread

Sounds like our tickets have gone well so far. People being turned away at the ticket office due to the allocation being sold out and only singles showing on the RFL site. Presume a further allocation will land with the club soon enough.

It’s amazing what the sniff of a trophy can do to people who’ve watched games on tv all season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Click said:

Can we combine the "low championship GF attendance" as part of this one?

don't be to sure of a low attendance at Toulouse. let's face it i doubt if fev would have got 5,000 for it been held at their ground. would not be suprised with a 8,000 att at toulouse

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paul hicks said:

don't be to sure of a low attendance at Toulouse. let's face it i doubt if fev would have got 5,000 for it been held at their ground. would not be suprised with a 8,000 att at toulouse

Sadly same day as france RU 1/4 final 

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf I believe it’s mainly because their online system is hopeless 

I'd just assumed most pies can't use the internet.

Or Wigan still runs on 3G.

8 hours ago, paul hicks said:

To be fair - the Fev crowd last night didn't look great.

And after last year you would think they should have learned the semi is really their end of season cup final to see off the players.

9 hours ago, paul hicks said:

Indeed, we keep being told on this forum that big city names will attract more interest than insignificant ex-mining villages, so I’m expecting the Ernest Wallon to be full when London roll into town. 

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Indeed, we keep being told on this forum that big city names will attract more interest than insignificant ex-mining villages, so I’m expecting the Ernest Wallon to be full when London roll into town. 

Is this having your cake and eating it?

Satirical thread title about moaning and within a page a proper dig about a likely low crowd.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

17 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Is this having your cake and eating it?

Satirical thread title about moaning and within a page a proper dig about a likely low crowd.

I don’t think it will be low, and I’m buzzing that Toulouse are in the final. I’m having a dig at the people who keep telling us fans want big city teams in. 

• Like 1

No idea why Wigan were given such a small initial allocation of tickets. No tickets available through the RFL anywhere near the Wigan end of the ground so demand was always going to be high. They must have a specific number of seats reserved so why not just release them all for sale?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EagleEyePie said:

No idea why Wigan were given such a small initial allocation of tickets. No tickets available through the RFL anywhere near the Wigan end of the ground so demand was always going to be high. They must have a specific number of seats reserved so why not just release them all for sale?

Its just the RFL all over.

• Like 1

Sounds the usual RFL shambles. Wigan got an allocation of 8,000 (less than the amount of season ticket holders), which sold out in no time and the club are trying to find out if they will get anymore. As things stand Wigan have no tickets to sell, yet even the most optimistic rugby league fan would suggest there must be at least 20,000 tickets floating around. You try and go on the RFL site and you can buy tickets up the other end but the site is dreadful and keeps crashing for people.

We can't blame Catalans for RFL events losing money when it's the usual amateur hour stuff. 

• Like 2