2024 Transfer Tracker

On 11/04/2024 at 14:19, Harry Stottle said:

Well I got my wish from last season when I said we need to sign Brad Dwyer when he became available at Hull FC, the only part of the equation is how I expressed with Ipape and Dwyer on interchange that will be some partnership.

But the Leeds fans told me we are better off without him he is not very good, in the games he has played for Leigh I have yet to see how bad he is, perhaps the environment at both Leeds and Hull didn't suit him.

He played well at times at Leeds, not much different than when I saw him play at Leigh recently... He can be very spontaneous catching the opposition out, the only down side being that this also catches his team mates out too... his team mates have to be very switched on as in highly focused and agile to capitalise on his sudden explosive runs from... 

1 hour ago, Zilla Budgie said:

They can afford to do that when it's impossible for them to be relegated. Doesn't really matter if they keep conceding 50 points per game. Well done IMG.

This doesn’t make sense.
On your basis that it doesn’t matter cos they can’t get relegated, then they might as well have kept them even though they’re conceding 50 points a game.
Instead Hull are looking to get rid to bring in replacements to improve their situation 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

This doesn’t make sense.
On your basis that it doesn’t matter cos they can’t get relegated, then they might as well have kept them even though they’re conceding 50 points a game.
Instead Hull are looking to get rid to bring in replacements to improve their situation 

We shall see won't we? Tex Hoy has been one of their better players this season, am I correct? Depends if they want to try and climb the table I guess.

17 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

This doesn’t make sense.

Its not a "black or white" situation, there has to be a balance of considerations here. Hull FC were close to going under recently, so they have to keep the purse strings relatively tight, but they need income and if the seasons was already written off, who is buying tickets/merch etc in the next 6 months?

4 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Nu Brown and Tex Hoy leaving Hull FC immediately. Crazy Stuff 

Crazy indeed, another 2 underperforming imports gone to no doubt be replaced by another 2, this almost feels like an annual thing with Hull.

2 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

We shall see won't we? Tex Hoy has been one of their better players this season, am I correct? Depends if they want to try and climb the table I guess.

No, he hasn’t 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

They can afford to do that when it's impossible for them to be relegated. Doesn't really matter if they keep conceding 50 points per game. Well done IMG.

If they kept them and saved themselves some money then they would still keep losing heavily so how is this IMG’s fault if anything they have encouraged them to think long term 

16 hours ago, redjonn said:

He played well at times at Leeds, not much different than when I saw him play at Leigh recently... He can be very spontaneous catching the opposition out, the only down side being that this also catches his team mates out too... his team mates have to be very switched on as in highly focused and agile to capitalise on his sudden explosive runs from... 

I will take that over a more passive player redders, and his defence is very very good, how do you think it will go when we Leigh can interchange Dwyer and Ipape, for some teams they lose momentum when one hooker is replaced I don't think that will happen, but with our luck on the injury front this season one of them will get injured! We used up all the good luck on injuries last season until relatively the last quarter, so I suppose what goes round comes round.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, daz39 said:

Crazy indeed, another 2 underperforming imports gone to no doubt be replaced by another 2, this almost feels like an annual thing with Hull.

To be fair Daz and it applies to any club, we only get what is surplus to the NRL if they perform well great and we all know some do and some don't.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

To be fair Daz and it applies to any club, we only get what is surplus to the NRL if they perform well great and we all know some do and some don't.

Suppose but it seems to me that the ones at Hull fail even moreso than at other clubs.

12 hours ago, Zilla Budgie said:

'Not really bothered' doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it sonny! 😎

An opinion that, even for this forum, defies all logic sonny

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will take that over a more passive player redders, and his defence is very very good, how do you think it will go when we Leigh can interchange Dwyer and Ipape, for some teams they lose momentum when one hooker is replaced I don't think that will happen, but with our luck on the injury front this season one of them will get injured! We used up all the good luck on injuries last season until relatively the last quarter, so I suppose what goes round comes round.

Dwyer will certainiy up the momentum when he comes on and especially as the opposition have lost some energy. Not seen Ipape much live so can't answer your question but having Dwyer off the bench will certainly be a positive. Oh and yep his defence is fine plus if you have off loaders he was always anticipating in position ready for such.

I think he will provide good cover and if both fit he is a good signing. In my opinion Leeds could do with still having him as Ackers and his cover O'connor don't have that same spark to change momentum.. I'm guessing Ackers may have it but hasn't shown that additional element much yet...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I just knew you was Del Boy.

Anyway why I have your attention did you watch the video I sent you re the financials we were discussing?

Were we discussing? You just linked a YouTube video without any comments or observations that don’t even start to disprove my earlier comments. 

The video was a non financial expert trying to describe something that he didn’t fully understand or at least understand sufficiently to explain to anyone in any detail but that’s not really his job or role within the club if you’re being honest. 

On 11/04/2024 at 14:19, Harry Stottle said:

Well I got my wish from last season when I said we need to sign Brad Dwyer when he became available at Hull FC, the only part of the equation is how I expressed with Ipape and Dwyer on interchange that will be some partnership.

But the Leeds fans told me we are better off without him he is not very good, in the games he has played for Leigh I have yet to see how bad he is, perhaps the environment at both Leeds and Hull didn't suit him.

Victim of circumstance at Warrington, Sam Powell has done well as bench 9 and does a good job at 13 too. 3 frontline hookers was never going to work in a first team squad. Makes sense from a Wire point of view.

He’s a 100% kind of guy, great attitude, can’t speak highly enough of him in that regard. Watched him at Wire for a long time.  He can be dangerous out of dummy half but has his drawbacks. He’s chaotic and his concentration can be an issue - see his defensive effort for the Burgess try today.

He’s a good guy - hope he goes well for Leigh.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 15/04/2024 at 19:24, phiggins said:

Aaron Bower reporting that Cas are looking at signing Ben Nakubuwei 

This now being trumped by Matt Shaw reporting that Cas will be using the overseas spot they have just freed up on Tex Hoy.

Not entirely sure what Leigh are playing at with Nakubuwai. He gets picked every game, hardly plays and the club continue to look at overseas full backs while not having a spot free. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Similarly, seems odd that Cas move on from a prop forward to a full back when filling the spot. Guessing that means Hooley will be surplus to requirements when he's fit again?

On 19/04/2024 at 12:57, phiggins said:

This now being trumped by Matt Shaw reporting that Cas will be using the overseas spot they have just freed up on Tex Hoy.

Not entirely sure what Leigh are playing at with Nakubuwai. He gets picked every game, hardly plays and the club continue to look at overseas full backs while not having a spot free. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Similarly, seems odd that Cas move on from a prop forward to a full back when filling the spot. Guessing that means Hooley will be surplus to requirements when he's fit again?

It was telling today that with Nakubuwai absent it was by far the smallest drop off in performance of the year when the interchanges happened. Trout, Norman, Holmes, Hughes and Davis all ahead of him in the pecking order for me. Get him out to a championship club(which is his level) ASAP and use that quota spot on someone that can actually impact a game.