Jump to content

2024 Transfer Tracker


Recommended Posts

York Knights have announced the double signing of Davy Litten and Franklin Pele on two-week loan deals.

https://www.totalrl.com/franklin-pele-makes-short-term-loan-move-alongside-fellow-hull-fc-fullback/

 

I know it's already appeared on another thread, but I just thought I'd give this thread a little bump as the 2024 loans/transfers all seem to be being discussed on the "2025 Transfer Tracker" thread at the moment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Greg Eden signs for featherstone for the remainder of the season. 

Despite Fax fans saying he is terible, I think he is a good signing for Fev. You have to remember they said the same about Springer but the truth is anyone playing outside of McComb or Tibbs, who are at best lower Championship wingers, really has little chance to shine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Anybody not yet written about at Leigh is joining somebody else, NRL or Hull mainly, at seasons end contracted or not it seems

 

Would appear that Leigh need to find a new 3,4,8,11 and 13. Potentially a new 7 as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Despite Fax fans saying he is terible, I think he is a good signing for Fev. You have to remember they said the same about Springer but the truth is anyone playing outside of McComb or Tibbs, who are at best lower Championship wingers, really has little chance to shine.

Yer not usually far off the mark.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Would appear that Leigh need to find a new 3,4,8,11 and 13. Potentially a new 7 as well 

Going into the 2023 season we had to recruit a lot more than that. I wouldn't worry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Going into the 2023 season we had to recruit a lot more than that. I wouldn't worry.

Not especially worried, will take a few more years to stabilise and start to bring players through, before we have a settled side year on year. The slight concern is that the players recruited in 2022 are stronger than those recruited since, and they’re the ones that are leaving 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, phiggins said:

Would appear that Leigh need to find a new 3,4,8,11 and 13. Potentially a new 7 as well 

So 8,11,13,3 = Quota if all true and we will have the Big Ben spot also, so no panic there with high quality replacements lined up/done. Don’t think Amone will go btw this year. It will be more interesting which English lads we pick up with the freed cap from those not retained plus Zacs huge deal rumoured at £150k pa at Leigh plus down grades for Hughes and others at older end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

So 8,11,13,3 = Quota if all true and we will have the Big Ben spot also, so no panic there with high quality replacements lined up/done. Don’t think Amone will go btw this year. It will be more interesting which English lads we pick up with the freed cap from those not retained plus Zacs huge deal rumoured at £150k pa at Leigh plus down grades for Hughes and others at older end.

If the Coach has signed on again despite other offers, I suspect he knows who is coming in

Here we go again .....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

So 8,11,13,3 = Quota if all true and we will have the Big Ben spot also, so no panic there with high quality replacements lined up/done. Don’t think Amone will go btw this year. It will be more interesting which English lads we pick up with the freed cap from those not retained plus Zacs huge deal rumoured at £150k pa at Leigh plus down grades for Hughes and others at older end.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see Nakubuwai still at Leigh next season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see Nakubuwai still at Leigh next season

I'd be surprised. I think ultimately Nakubuwai was retained due to the cap, I think he would be on a pretty low deal for a quota spot due to high wages elsewhere in the squad and now those funds are being freed up there is scope to rebalance the wages into a better import than him. The emergence of Hughes as a prop option as well as Trout and Norman settling in should hopefully put an end to his bench spells 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Hull KR rumoured to be linked with Eribe Doro.

great potential look what they did with minichella

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

great potential look what they did with minichella

He's bonkers. Work ethic, engine,  commitment. To md a better player than Okoro although I think Okoro could be moulded and taught whereas Doromis what you see is what you get. However is KR the right fit?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/05/2024 at 20:52, Mumby Magic said:

He's bonkers. Work ethic, engine,  commitment. To md a better player than Okoro although I think Okoro could be moulded and taught whereas Doromis what you see is what you get.

However is KR the right fit?

He's not come through HKR's development system so should fit in well with the rest of the first team.

  • Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Sorry Batman, plus Pene announced as this season from Melbourne

No, I meant i wouldn't want John Bateman, even if he became available. I feel he is massively overrated.🤣

Pene looks a big lad.  Just need a big fast prop like Dave Evans from the 80s !!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

No, I meant i wouldn't want John Bateman, even if he became available. I feel he is massively overrated.🤣

Pene looks a big lad.  Just need a big fast prop like Dave Evans from the 80s !!

Once upon a time, when John Bateman used to have those run ins with Jamie Peacock he would have been the first name to be pencilled in any team in the land for me, and he did well albeit not as good in his first stint at Wigan but the version that came back from Aus was nowhere near the same quality as previous, I would wager privately Matty Peet was delighted he skedaddled again, he got him off the pay roll and had better performers coming through, I would be very disappointed indeed if Leigh even discussed him never mind signed him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

@phiggins thought this might cheer you up😂

 

28 years old 6'-3" and 16st 12lb, good credentials for a prop to start of with, coming from Melbourne Storm, but again a relatively unheard of in just the way Mr Lam likes them to mould into his own fashion, his track record is very good in this manner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.