The IMG Gradings Thread - Post all your IMG Gradings related questions or comments here

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Why could they not have done 5 and 6? They could have done exactly the same  but kept the 'scores" in house instead of disclosing them, they could have followed that with instructing clubs to periodically re submit and adjusting if nessacary, as I say all needs evaluating prior to release.

It only got approved 6 months ago, they weren't going to work on something that could be rejected.

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

To be honest I think once next season starts and the talking punts are actually about the games a lot of it will calm down - until the off season where we'll be going round again.

Literally just over one hour ago , overhearing a discussion in the pub where non attending fans were discussing next season and how they think Wigan will win it again but Leigh will be similar in position to this year , I pointed out that " at this moment Leigh will be removed from SL " , they said " Leigh won't be bottom " , to which I pointed out " it doesn't work like that anymore " 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Wait till the real gradings come out, its going to be epic.

Looking like 2 from 4 which is more than I thought would be involved.  There's going to be some very disappointed people.  I think it could get pretty nasty on here.  In a way I'm glad it's not going to affect me but I will feel for the losers because this is going to be a bad one to miss out on.

• Thanks 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It only got approved 6 months ago, they weren't going to work on something that could be rejected.

It is up to them Tommy to do the work before release, unless they believe that they can't be wrong and won't make any mistakes, it was far to early to release their findings.

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Literally just over one hour ago , overhearing a discussion in the pub where non attending fans were discussing next season and how they think Wigan will win it again but Leigh will be similar in position to this year , I pointed out that " at this moment Leigh will be removed from SL " , they said " Leigh won't be bottom " , to which I pointed out " it doesn't work like that anymore " 

if Leigh don't finish bottom does anyone serious think that SL/RFL would have Leigh relegated.  I just think if that was a scenario the grading approach will be put back in its box or seriously changed to rule it out.

Yep I know in theory its possible they would allow it to happen but I doubt they would relegate them.

Hopefully as part of the review and the various scenario's like Leigh and others being seen to be possible that the review will bring in some changes.   If not they are ,,,, well 

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I said very much the same and was told by people that had not even heard of IMG that I was wrong, "there is no way that if Leigh finish 7th or 8th they can be relegated" I was told, seems that I have been mistaken and under the wrong impression all along. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Which is what didn't happen to Toronto. So again are we asking for new clubs to come in at League 1 level, spend a fortune on players to smash the opposition, keep the crowds and get into SL that way.

In fact that probably is what we are asking. Just using a different vehicle to how we did with Toronto.

We don't really know about Toronto , in their 3 seasons they lost how many times at home ? , was it 2 or 3 times ? 

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is up to them Tommy to do the work before release, unless they believe that they can't be wrong and won't make any mistakes, it was far to early to release their findings.

It was quite literally a trial run

22 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Did it feel good to be the smartest person in the room? 😉

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

It's not all about Leigh Harry. Your club has done remarkably well in the last two years.

You wouldn't be sure where you would be with P&R, you could have a stinker next year - it happens to even the biggest of clubs. Ask your mate Mr Beaumont, what he plans to do RE recruitment he voted for the system after all.

If we finish bottom you won't hear a single word of criticism , unlike if your club finished there , then all hell would break loose , but that doesn't matter anymore , you have a golden ticket now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If we finish bottom you won't hear a single word of criticism , unlike if your club finished there , then all hell would break loose , but that doesn't matter anymore , you have a golden ticket now 

Only if those standards are maintained, of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Im not sure what you want me say or do about that? 

Leeds have never finished bottom or been below the top division.

Edited by Chrispmartha

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

Yes, and if the test fails you don’t plough on regardless. So the question is, has it been tested enough?
Let’s see what the review concludes. I imagine they will go ahead, maybe with some tweaks to the process rather than measures. But can see a case for updating the scoring and having another indicative round. 

Which will result in claims of them ' tweaking ' it to get their desired results , do you really think that will solve the issues of it ? , or just compound them even further ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

It was quite literally a trial run

Was it? then why was that not highlighted prior to it being released, Sutton on Saturday was as smug as a dog with two dicks, but I wonder what has prompted his recent announcement I bet he had to get permission or instruction from his mentors at IMG.

Can't say that I am in any hope that Sutton is going to be any improvement on Ralph, yes I know they have different job titles but it seems the same functionality.

2 hours ago, Griff said:

An even bigger issue is, if London win Superleague next year, they'll probably still be relegated.

You need to get your head around the IMG points being the decider of the teams in Superleague.

The league table is irrelevant.

Great innit ? They must be praying it works out with the grading table , then they can all RELAX 😴

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Was it? then why was that not highlighted prior to it being released, Sutton on Saturday was as smug as a dog with two dicks, but I wonder what has prompted his recent announcement I bet he had to get permission or instruction from his mentors at IMG.

Can't say that I am in any hope that Sutton is going to be any improvement on Ralph, yes I know they have different job titles but it seems the same functionality.

It was, several times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Even if they aren't audited they still have to officially file accounts, if they are fiddling them then they will have bigger issues than IMG.

But it isn't just financials , is it ? 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tbh I'm not as fussed by Sutton. He is what he is, but there feels like far less power and responsibility is vested in him than there was in Rimmer and Wood before him. As such, to an extent, how much does he matter?

It was definitely sold as the trial run this year though H, even the grades themselves are "indicative". F1 also did the same when it introduced its cost cap, 1st year dry run before going in properly on the second year.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

what might happen if some of the information that IMG relied on for the 'Finance' score was not accurate and secured a Super League place for one club at another club's expense.

i'd expect the supplying club to be expelled/ relegated etc.

Making a complete mess of everything , excellent ( rubs hands like the billionaire on the Simpsons ) 

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Up to 108 pages now and judging by  the number of posts in the last couple of hours there's no sign of the pace slacking off.  The stamina shown in this thread is very impressive.

A some of us have been out in a storm working as well