IMG Grading System (Many Merged Threads)

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Seriously - how is Sheffield above London on any metric?

Just wow.

I dont know, the whole scoring is a bit of a joke to be honest.... 

But as an Eagles fan, we have our own stadium (it needs the other stands completing) , attendances have doubled since 2021, the foundation is a big part of the clubs score I think... 

For me one of the biggest issues with some of the scoring is the reliance on Social Media,,, 

• Like 2

I was going to get two London season tickets this weekend, as there is a £199 early bird offer before the end of November.

As it stands, I might well just skip the whole of next season and re-engage, if the club still exists, in the Championship in 2025.

Can IMG give me any reason why I should attend a London game next season if they are relegated anyway and will limit themselves to PT to save money?

2 minutes ago, OdsalBull said:

The criteria is available for all to see

Indeed, which is why some of us having been asking some serious questions about them for some time. fev's statement reflecting one issue that has been brought up regularly on here...
One troubling aspect of the scoring assessment is how these numbers are actually audited. There are two important issues for us here; We have always asked for independence from the RFL on these matters particularly in the areas of fandom where we have significant concerns about declared attendances in the game, these scores do not appear to match reality of what fans of our game observe on a week-to-week basis and we urgently call for a more independent challenge to this vital issue. We strongly believe this should be a separate independent entity charged with the routine auditing of areas such as fandom, stadium facilities and community so that this process is more robust and transparent than is currently the case.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/board-statement-img-grading-0G46k/?fbclid=IwAR16LoKIUb4hyE9BIS7NeUC9fl3I8FMv64R4KqmJfJBr6WNoBBXrEeZXp8c

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Are London just better off giving their spot back to Wakey now? I assume they wouldn't be able to step up to make the top 12 in 12m?

This is basically relegating them now isn't it? 

May just be a cash grab by them. SL central funding may give them enough funds upfront for 4-5 seasons in the championship?

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Are London just better off giving their spot back to Wakey now? I assume they wouldn't be able to step up to make the top 12 in 12m?

Yup - why bother. Might as well keep the core of the squad together.

Why try and make people jack their jobs in and go FT.

Give it to Toulouse.

Edited by Leonard

2 minutes ago, mozzauk said:

I dont know, the whole scoring is a bit of a joke to be honest.... 

But as an Eagles fan, we have our own stadium (it needs the other stands completing) , attendances have doubled since 2021, the foundation is a big part of the clubs score I think... 

For me one of the biggest issues with some of the scoring is the reliance on Social Media,,, 

That's fair enough and wasn't a dig at Sheffield per se. A good club and doing good things.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Indeed, which is why some of us having been asking some serious questions about them for some time. fev's statement reflecting one issue that has been brought up regularly on here...
One troubling aspect of the scoring assessment is how these numbers are actually audited. There are two important issues for us here; We have always asked for independence from the RFL on these matters particularly in the areas of fandom where we have significant concerns about declared attendances in the game, these scores do not appear to match reality of what fans of our game observe on a week-to-week basis and we urgently call for a more independent challenge to this vital issue. We strongly believe this should be a separate independent entity charged with the routine auditing of areas such as fandom, stadium facilities and community so that this process is more robust and transparent than is currently the case.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/board-statement-img-grading-0G46k/?fbclid=IwAR16LoKIUb4hyE9BIS7NeUC9fl3I8FMv64R4KqmJfJBr6WNoBBXrEeZXp8c

So you are suggesting the club inflate attendances? Personally I dispute this

• Haha 1

Just now, Leonard said:

Yup - why bother. Might as well keep the core of the squad together.

Why try and make people jack their jobs in and go FT.

Give it to Toulouse.

I suppose this is always a risk during a transition from one system to another, and this wouldn't really be a problem moving forwards as movements would be gradual, but surely they considered this impact? 

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

May just be a cash grab by them. SL central funding may give them enough funds upfront for 4-5 seasons in the championship?

There are serious questions on integrity of the sport if a side rolls up in the top tier as an effective semi opposed training session for the rest of the division.

18 minutes ago, phiggins said:

So looking at the gradings, if Cas are correct in what they say about being incorrectly docked half a point, if this was the system to determine the 12 SL teams for next season, Leigh would be relegated off the back of a Challenge cup win, a Super League play off place, and average crowds over 7,000. Whilst Wakefield stay up with London ranked 24th.

This does feel like something that is well intentioned, but ultimately counter productive.

That's the quirk of the transitional period, but we shouldn't read too much into that. Leigh will have had another season in Superleague by then, so their ranking will be fine. 

If London win the Challenge Cup next year next year and make the playoffs and are still relegated, then we can query it then. But the difference between them and Leigh on arrival in SL is stark. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Damien said:

I don't want to knock any club but Salford the 8th strongest club? Really?

Then if you look at say Leigh they seem to be stronger on practically every measure yet are 12th,

It all seems terribly flawed to me once you get outside those A clubs.

That's why it's not enough to publish the final scores.

It's important for IMG to come clean on how the scores add up under each individual heading.

They have said they won't publish this information and that the clubs themselves have the right to do this if they wish.

But that is completely lacking transparency.

If we are to have confidence in these figures, we need to know where they come from.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Score for Fev is roughly in line with my back of a fag packet calculation when the criteria came out.

How the hell did Bradford get that score? 

One of best supported clubs outside SL

Have a elite academy and run a team at every level.

That's probably the difference between Bulls and other clubs.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I suppose this is always a risk during a transition from one system to another, and this wouldn't really be a problem moving forwards as movements would be gradual, but surely they considered this impact? 

As we have discussed elsewhere Dave - people are often credited with too much intelligence.

They would probably have graded Brighton, Bournemouth and Fulham as mid table championship football sides and told them they were getting relegated.

1 minute ago, Martyn Sadler said:

It's important for IMG to come clean on how the scores add up under each individual heading.

They have said they won't publish this information and that the clubs themselves have the right to do this if they wish.

If we are to have confidence in these figures, we need to know where they come from.

How many clubs have told you they will not publish the figures?

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Why don’t you interview all the clubs and get this info so you can publish in your paper?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You may as well pocket the money and continue just running a part time setup for when you go back down anyway.

• Like 4

This is absolutely nail-biting stuff. Sport at its finest.  What a finish.

Leeds Rhinos lead the way, with a score of 17.49 out of the maximum available 20, following detailed analysis of every club’s performance under five pillars – On-Field Performance, Fandom, Finances, Stadium and Community.

They are followed by three clubs separated by 0.14 points, with Wigan Warriors’ success in winning the 2023 Grand Final lifting them to second on 16.87, ahead of St Helens in third on 16.78 and Catalans Dragons in fourth on 16.73.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris