Trinity owner has big plans

22 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The pitch is relaid at LSV every two years, with a smaller scale refurbishment every 12 months. It is literally the identical pitch to those at Premier League grounds.

There is also undersoil heating, so no problem with those pesky frozen pitches.

And, I tell you what, there’s absolutely no way this is based on any sort of my dad is bigger than your dad. I doubt you’ll find any Leigh fan more critical than me. 

But that doesn't make it the same pitch a at BV. It was picked because it was new technology. Also not all Premiership pitches are the same, you take a look at Spurs pitch! It's not even a pitch, its a series of small pitches all grown inside giant trays that are mounted on tracks that can be moved to sit under the artificial American football pitch  It even carries on growing when covered because it has its own UV light source. There isn't just ONE kind of synthetic pitch or bases to lay them on, there are numerous types and numerous suppliers. Ours happens to be one of the best you can currently buy, what you can't do is retrofit them to older pitches like the LSV.

Our pitch will not require re-laying for ten years, so long as we maintain it to the manufacturer's guidelines, or that's what it says on the tin. We shall see, but after initial problems caused by ourselves, the pitch has remained immaculate, so looking good.

1 hour ago, FileyBulldog said:

Yeah I know just thinking what could help the with people travelling into the city centre and seeing the ground on arrival. No clue where the Giants would play if Huddersfield Town get full control of the John Smiths Stadium. Certainly no place close by to build a ground.

How on earth is that even an issue, it's virtually in the city centre! If it were in Leeds or Manchester it would be. What an odd comment.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dboy said:

Yes, not far. Many fans walk from the city centre.

It's one of Fev's charms that PO Road is right "there", in the heart of the community.

Yeah  ta  lol but Belle Vue as always been easy to get to for us though.

2 hours ago, FileyBulldog said:

Trinity

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

They're only about 2 miles from the city centre as it is, I'm not sure where they could move to that's closer

I think Wakefield is actually developing towards Trinity's ground these days.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

How on earth is that even an issue, it's virtually in the city centre! If it were in Leeds or Manchester it would be. What an odd comment.

Absolutely bizarre intervention that was - I come on on the train, walk from the station, go to a pub or two… there have been many problems with Trin’s ground but not being central (ish) for the city was never one of them 

I can't wait for the derby between Wakefield and Featherstone. Hope there are real fireworks. Wakefield are making a lot of noise. Featherstone have been harshly treated. This game will be a cracker. This should be an old fashion rugby league game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coco said:

I can't wait for the derby between Wakefield and Featherstone. Hope there are real fireworks. Wakefield are making a lot of noise. Featherstone have been harshly treated. This game will be a cracker. This should be an old fashion rugby league game. 

How were Fev harshly treated?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Could be from years ago when SL cut off came. ?

Like Wakefield, Salford, Hull FC, Widnes and Keighley then?

• Like 2

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

13 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Why would you even take the risk it has to be Neil Fox doesn’t it?.

Result declared and it is Neil Fox.  🥳

• Like 3

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

3 hours ago, Coco said:

The "Calder" derby?

🫣

2 hours ago, FileyBulldog said:

That is good to hear

I think a lot of it has coincided with the Relief Road getting built around the east of Wakey as well, allows a lot more traffic to avoid the City Centre and cut towards Pinderfields and Stanley.

• Like 1

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

9 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Season tickets just released too. £100 adult tickets to stand on the Western Terrace, £250 to sit in the Neil Fox Stand, with 2 free junior tickets.

These are great prices, clearly designed to attract people back to the club. They are obviously subsidised to a point, but the reasons are sound, and should we do very well in the Championship it won't make a huge dent.

What I want to make clear, and I think the club should subtly point out, is that these prices will not be sustainable should we get back into SL. It's a two way street, a pay later scheme if you like. I just hope the Trin fans with short memories and even shorter pockets remember this when the prices go up with a thump to allow us to compete in SL.

• Like 2