Trinity owner has big plans

9 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

That's a total crock, you forget that Trinity used to be the SL team doing DR, and we sent some excellent players to Dewsbury, Fev, Oldham and Donny through the years. Just ask what Oldham fans thought of Kershaw, or more recently Donny fans think of Ollie Pratt. 

Som DR tranfers don't work, but neither do actual transfers. The system has it's flaws but it does work for most players.

Ask Dewsbury about that. You may get a different perspective.

• Like 1

Daryl Powell will make a decent fist on taking them back up on a limited budget then take a back seat for Jason Demetriou to take the reigns after been "let go" by Souths 

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Sadly we’ve gone done the same route with Hull KR. Not very happy to be honest. So I’ll leave the discussions now. We can all at least agree that it should be a fantastic Championship season.

Lol what an embarrassing about face, I can’t tell you how hard I’m laughing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m not even fishing here when I say that any club trying to demonstrate to IMG that they’re Super League-ready should be penalised in the process of having to enter in to a dual registration agreement. How is that doing anything for their viability in terms of employing players and also enabling player development and pathways? Surely this could have been the year that they give the best of their youth a chance, but instead that route will be blocked by the middling of Wigan’s youth. 

That’s hilarious coming from a club that gained promotion on the back of a bunch of NRL mercenaries and hasn’t produced a young player in years. Yet we just signed an academy product long term despite Leeds trying to pinch him. Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Lol what an embarrassing about face, I can’t tell you how hard I’m laughing.

Grow up pal. I stick by what I said, I didn’t want Fev to go into dual reg. Tried to end things in a conciliatory manner, only to have a childish response like that.

9 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m not even fishing here when I say that any club trying to demonstrate to IMG that they’re Super League-ready should be penalised in the process of having to enter in to a dual registration agreement. How is that doing anything for their viability in terms of employing players and also enabling player development and pathways? Surely this could have been the year that they give the best of their youth a chance, but instead that route will be blocked by the middling of Wigan’s youth. 

The operative word in this diatribe is “HAVING” and it’s a total misrepresentation of Trinity’s position!

25 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

you’re using Callum ‘clickbait’ Walker as proof?, he will have got that from posts on forums.

As far as I’m aware Leeds never made any sort of bid for him. And you’ll notice despite the headline the actual article doesn’t mention any sort of bid or any actual details about Leeds.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

you’re using Callum ‘clickbait’ Walker as proof?, he will have got that from posts on forums.

As far as I’m aware Leeds never made any sort of bid for him. And you’ll notice despite the headline the actual article doesn’t mention any sort of bid or any actual details about Leeds.

Not proof, just saying if its not the case then the publication needs making aware. I have no idea eitherway.

Just now, PREPOSTEROUS said:

As an aside there were rumours on the Trinity forum Leeds were after him and he was interested as his brother plays for them? 

Exactly, rumours on a forum. Who’s is his brother?

FWIW im pleases for wakey that hes staying Leeds don’t really need another hooker which is why I believe the ‘rumour’ is rubbish 

12 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

That’s hilarious coming from a club that gained promotion on the back of a bunch of NRL mercenaries and hasn’t produced a young player in years. Yet we just signed an academy product long term despite Leeds trying to pinch him. Go figure.

I’ve been critical of our neglect of youth pretty much since Micky Higham came through.

Similarly, I was critical of our over reliance on dual registration in the early 2010s.

And I have said for years that money has been thrown at players instead of structure.

And none of that has anything to do with what I posted. Would any of my points have been any less valid if I supported any other club? Do you think it’s acceptable that Wakefield are going to be calling in ringers at 24 hours notice without penalties whilst simultaneously engaging in an exercise whereby they’re supposed to be demonstrating their viability as a Super League club? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

And I have said for years that money has been thrown at players instead of structure.

A big aside but I couldn't agree more, I hope now going forwards Leigh get some of their (own) infrastructure invested in. 

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

For the new Wakey owner there's a lot to go at early. Gone will be the days of training at "dog park" or local schools I'd hope - ideally they'd get their own facility. 

The idea is to use Belle Vue, hence the new pitch of death that was installed last year. 

• Like 1