15 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

McGillvary 

Thornley 

Walmsley

Bain

Boothroyd 

Doyle

Lawford

So far I'd say we have made good the losses from last year's squad (with the exception of Fifita), we may actually be a bit stronger in the first 17 already.  With at least 6-8 signings to come, we will almost certainly end up with a squad considerably better than the one that lost us our SL place. Not getting cocky, some good teams in the Championship, but we are certainly up there ready to compete. All you can ask for really.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

So far I'd say we have made good the losses from last year's squad (with the exception of Fifita), we may actually be a bit stronger in the first 17 already.  With at least 6-8 signings to come, we will almost certainly end up with a squad considerably better than the one that lost us our SL place. Not getting cocky, some good teams in the Championship, but we are certainly up there ready to compete. All you can ask for really.

It’s all fun and games until you rock up at Barrow or Featherstone in winter and the pitch has been freshly ploughed 🤣🤣

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, binosh said:

It’s all fun and games until you rock up at Barrow or Featherstone in winter and the pitch has been freshly ploughed 🤣🤣

We are not Leeds you know 😏, most of us can remember many a season in the lower divisions, we still know what it's all about, and in an odd way I'm kinda looking forward to some more basic surroundings. That said, and I know it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure most of the game is played in the summer. Also, BV was hardly the Wembley of the North, it's better now, but all the same....

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

Well going off comments on here and Social media and to save their fans from not losing face or being embarrased, i expect Wakey to go through the season unbeaten and in front of a packed out stadium every week, anything less and i will be accusing their fans of getting Leigh-itis with some of the guff they're coming out with.

Wind it down a bit eh guys, season's not even started yet, it may just not go how you're expecting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Well going off comments on here and Social media and to save their fans from not losing face or being embarrased, i expect Wakey to go through the season unbeaten and in front of a packed out stadium every week, anything less and i will be accusing their fans of getting Leigh-itis with some of the guff they're coming out with.

Wind it down a bit eh guys, season's not even started yet, it may just not go how you're expecting.

Hilarious from a Giants fan, honest mate, you need to look up irony. That will make me chuckle for days. Forgive us for enjoying life for a whole three weeks, you need therapy.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Hilarious from a Giants fan, honest mate, you need to look up irony. That will make me chuckle for days. Forgive us for enjoying life for a whole three weeks, you need therapy.

There's a difference between enjoying life and being complete bigheaded Kn**s, a lot of wakey fans have the attitude now of "we're richer than you,we can buy better players than you, we will romp the league, we've got a new stand and S**t loads of fans now, you're all inferior to us"which may prove correct but it isn't a nice way to do things, by all means look forward to what could be a good season but don'tgo round mouthing it off till a ball has been passed, that's how you lose friends and respect.

Also not sure i've ever seen a Giants fan claim the above, moreso the other way with our negative lot,even last year when the media were bigging us up our fans were still not convinced and with reason it seems.

All i'm saying is just be careful with the high and mighty attitude that has proved to come undone in the past with Leigh, Fev, Bradford etc.....see where the season goes before you all become the incredible hulk!.

5 minutes ago, daz39 said:

There's a difference between enjoying life and being complete bigheaded Kn**s, a lot of wakey fans have the attitude now of "we're richer than you,we can buy better players than you, we will romp the league, we've got a new stand and S**t loads of fans now, you're all inferior to us"which may prove correct but it isn't a nice way to do things, by all means look forward to what could be a good season but don'tgo round mouthing it off till a ball has been passed, that's how you lose friends and respect.

Also not sure i've ever seen a Giants fan claim the above, moreso the other way with our negative lot,even last year when the media were bigging us up our fans were still not convinced and with reason it seems.

All i'm saying is just be careful with the high and mighty attitude that has proved to come undone in the past with Leigh, Fev, Bradford etc.....see where the season goes before you all become the incredible hulk!.

Go on then ######, name and shame any Wakey fan you can who has said - 

- we can buy better players than you,

- we will romp the league,

- you're all inferior to us.

I'm not even convinced we will win the comp, but I am confident that we will develop the business to the point that we are comfortably in the next 12 for SL, on IMG scoring.

I certainly don't see us going unbeaten.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dboy said:

I'm not even convinced we will win the comp, but I am confident that we will develop the business to the point that we are comfortably in the next 12 for SL, on IMG scoring.

It's a slow afternoon here, and as a - relative, leaning towards Trin - neutral (by which I mean I know where to look), I've just had an idle trawl of here, Facebook, Instagram, and the comments below a few newspaper articles. Let's say evidence is thin on the ground. 

Obviously I can't cover chats in pubs but I'll happily stand by the statement that it's mostly accusations of people saying things that haven't really been said.

If anything, the general tone varies from disbelief to (maybe understandable) wariness about the apparent change in fortunes. Harry Enfield waving fistfuls of banknotes in people's faces is remarkably absent tbh. 

Frankly, I was a bit surprised, because every team has nutters with wifi in the fanbase and I would - not because it's Trin but because it's a sports club in the age of social media - genuinely have expected rather more of it than there is. 

Edited by iffleyox
  • Like 5

good luck to wakey but if they dont put their money where their mouth is and sign some real talent soon the plan will be falling apart full of holes quicker than luke gales wig 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

good luck to wakey but if they dont put their money where their mouth is and sign some real talent soon the plan will be falling apart full of holes quicker than luke gales wig 

Lets get the LED Advertising Boards sorted first. 😉

• Like 3

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, dboy said:

I'm not going to 'name' them.

I've seen plenty of comments etc on twitter and facebook, even on here some are seriously biting at anyone who are not convinced by Wakeys upcoming dominance.

Also you all seem a very touchy lot, you need to take a breahter, relax and look forward to what happier times are ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dboy said:

You have stated on another thread - with absolutely no ambiguity - that Wakefield will be back in SL next year. It's up here on the board. 

This doesn't sound like someone who isn't convinced they won't win the comp. 

21 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

You have stated on another thread - with absolutely no ambiguity - that Wakefield will be back in SL next year. It's up here on the board. 

This doesn't sound like someone who isn't convinced they won't win the comp. 

Quote me then. You don't get promoted by winning the comp.

I'm on record as saying I don't think we'll have it all our own way, we won't win every game and that I'm not taking it for granted we will win either the league and/or the 1895.

I DO believe we will finish high enough in the scores to be back in SL next year.

It'll be a cracking comp and I'm really looking forward to it.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 1

For the detractors calling out the season ticket totals as false, pumped up by freeby kids tickets...

"We have sold just over 4,500 season tickets, the breakdown of which, as of earlier today, was 3,023 adult tickets and 1,514 junior tickets. Both of these numbers are massively up from the year before. The figures last year were 653 adult tickets and 930 junior tickets, plus 250 concessions. 

Overall, there was a year-on-year increase of 148%. Adult tickets have increased proportionally more than Junior tickets with the new model."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Who said it was false? People just asked what the breakdown was and got jumped on by the WDL

Not so much this thread to be fair, but there's plenty out there.

The most fun is to be had on the Cas Tigers independent forum.

Proper tin-foil-hat stuff.

Edited by dboy

2 hours ago, dboy said:

Quote me then. You don't get promoted by winning the comp.

I'm on record as saying I don't think we'll have it all our own way, we won't win every game and that I'm not taking it for granted we will win either the league and/or the 1895.

I DO believe we will finish high enough in the scores to be back in SL next year.

It'll be a cracking comp and I'm really looking forward to it.

I can most definitely quote you saying that Wakefield will be in SL next year, 100%. And there were no caveats about not taking anything for granted or having it your own way, you were very much crowing about going straight back up. 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I can most definitely quote you saying that Wakefield will be in SL next year, 100%. And there were no caveats about not taking anything for granted or having it your own way, you were very much crowing about going straight back up. 👍🏻

Do it properly.

You can quote me saying I BELIEVE Wakey will be in SL in 2025 based on IMG gradings.

You can also quote me saying we won't win every game, or have it all our own way, or win a cup.

You cannot quote me saying anything of the sort of what you have suggested.

Quote me in full or retract your statement.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dboy said:

Do it properly.

You can quote me saying I BELIEVE Wakey will be in SL in 2025 based on IMG gradings.

You can also quote me saying we won't win every game, or have it all our own way, or win a cup.

You cannot quote me saying anything of the sort of what you have suggested.

Quote me in full or retract your statement.

On 20/10/2023 at 13:56, dboy said:

We will be back in SL next year.

You won't.

On 20/10/2023 at 13:57, The Masked Poster said:

I'm going to quote this, October 2024. And I'm also going to support ABW. 👍🏻👍🏻

On 20/10/2023 at 14:52, dboy said:

No it's not.

Entitlement is believing we have the right to be there, we should be there, it's our divine destiny.

We have no right, I just believe we will have enough to "earn" a place in SL - call it blind optimism.

I can't see a current championship club outscoring us - our 3 year finishing scores can't be beaten by a lower team. We will need the points from a GF and/or 1895 win to get above a current SL team, in terms of on-field scores.

Off the field, we will score more than Cas for example, whose ground is a shambles, we have the finances, big screen and, I expect, will have LEDs next season.

The unknown is the media profile as the scoring is rather guesswork without the actual data.

This is not a commentary on whether the IMG way is good/bad - just the way I think the scores will pan out.

The “you won’t” bit was when you thought I was a Bradford fan. So there you have it, you categorically stated that Wakefield will be in SL next year. At least stand by your statements. 

48 minutes ago, dboy said:

For the detractors calling out the season ticket totals as false, pumped up by freeby kids tickets...

"We have sold just over 4,500 season tickets, the breakdown of which, as of earlier today, was 3,023 adult tickets and 1,514 junior tickets. Both of these numbers are massively up from the year before. The figures last year were 653 adult tickets and 930 junior tickets, plus 250 concessions. 

Overall, there was a year-on-year increase of 148%. Adult tickets have increased proportionally more than Junior tickets with the new model."

That’s all people were asking for, a breakdown of what it means. No conspiracy.

• Like 1

You've quoted completely selectively - you've quoted, for example, my response to people who think they have an entitlement, and suggested it's my premise. That's more than a bit sir!

When I said "We will be back in SL next year" it was clearly in the context of IMG gradings.

Share the thread post numbers and let everyone see exactly what was being discussed.