The highest ever aggregate score

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Fev v Sheffield 2016ish finished 60-40 or something mad like that... 

I remember that game very well - it was Sheffield who scored 60  (at least 4 interception tries from memory) with Fev scoring 40.

Less than a month later Halifax also scored 60 at Post Office Road.

But between those two games -and 100% not unrelated to those two scores - Fev beat Castleford in the Cup and then led Wigan until the stroke of half time in the next round.

28 minutes ago, Hopie said:

Highest one I saw was at Gigg lane, Swinton 10, Leeds 106

Scoreboard couldn't go that high so at the end of the game it said:

Swinton 10

Leeds 06

Claim the game.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Much earlier than that, Gav. You must be getting on a bit now 😃

(I actually went to that Fev v Sheffield game. Not a bad one for a neutral!)

At least he remembered the score correctly.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I think that 119-2 record score was pre 1982 in the days of the three-point try.

30 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Correct, 1914 i believe.

According to Rugby League Project, Huddersfield beat Swinton Park 119-0 in 1914.  Was there a 119-2 as well or is the game?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

During 1913-14 Huddersfield amassed a record 119-2 match score defeating junior side Swinton Park in a Challenge Cup first round game - twenty-seven tries were scored, seven of them by Rosenfeld, whilst Major Holland landed eighteen goals. 

From http://www.huddersfieldrlheritage.co.uk/Archive/Written/Team/Team_Of_All_Talents.html

I've always known it as 119-2 as it was printed in teh programmes and Rothmans growing up so was always etched in my mind.

Edited by daz39

47 minutes ago, Griff said:

There seem to be more online sources saying it was 119-2.  Including the clubs own website.

https://www.giantsrl.com/the-club/club-history

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

31 minutes ago, Griff said:

The old RKC sheets have 119-2.  Looks like you're right.

I was checking various sites because I was trying to find the list of scores... how many tries, conversions, penalties because I would like to translate it into a total using today's points system.

Can't find any unfortunately. 

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I was checking various sites because I was trying to find the list of scores... how many tries, conversions, penalties because I would like to translate it into a total using today's points system.

http://www.huddersfieldrlheritage.co.uk/Documents/Club/Players' Records/Huddersfield 1913-14.pdf

Any help?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

"During 1913-14 Huddersfield amassed a record 119-2 match score defeating junior side Swinton Park in a Challenge Cup first round game - twenty-seven tries were scored, seven of them by Rosenfeld, whilst Major Holland landed eighteen goals." - CLICKY

Which would make it 144-2 in new money...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

"During 1913-14 Huddersfield amassed a record 119-2 match score defeating junior side Swinton Park in a Challenge Cup first round game - twenty-seven tries were scored, seven of them by Rosenfeld, whilst Major Holland landed eighteen goals." - CLICKY

119 + 27 = 146.

Major Holland didn't kick all the goals.

Mind you, we're assuming that there were no drop goals.

Edited by Griff
Changed = to +

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

13 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Just now, Griff said:

119 = 27 = 146.

Major Holland didn't kick all the goals.

Mind you, we're assuming that there were no drop goals.

Quite a coincidence that this would have been aggregate 146 the same as Huddersfield 142-4 Blackpool, 1994.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Quite a coincidence that this would have been aggregate 146 the same as Huddersfield 142-4 Blackpool, 1994.

146-2 would have been more than 142-4.

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

I'm confused (which admittedly doesn't take much)...

27 x 4 = 108

18 x 2 = 36

108 + 36 = 144

No...?

That's how I see it.  Again, assuming no drop goals which would be one point in new money.