Championship squads

11 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

In reality it's all down to one match Toulouse v Wakefield Trinity i think

Will still be a great league though

Maybe two matches if Toulouse win the league game? 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, DEANO said:

Why

Could give them home advantage in the same fixture play off final.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

29 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

York a chance of taking a top 12 grading if they win the comp?

No. We know Wakefield provisonally going on what has been said should be comfortably in so that leaves Toulouse who could be somewhere near and although points for winning the competition are tiny, those extra points could see them sneak in there. The only other team on paper anywhere near is Bradford but there seems to be a lot of talk that they are near to their ceiling and their points could reduce rather than improve when it comes to the official rankings. 13 points is likley to be the lowest amount that will get you in and could be a touch higher so York would have to make up 3 points and doing that in the Championship is going to be very hard to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

No. We know Wakefield provisonally going on what has been said should be comfortably in so that leaves Toulouse who could be somewhere near and although points for winning the competition are tiny, those extra points could see them sneak in there. The only other team on paper anywhere near is Bradford but there seems to be a lot of talk that they are near to their ceiling and their points could reduce rather than improve when it comes to the official rankings. 13 points is likley to be the lowest amount that will get you in and could be a touch higher so York would have to make up 3 points and doing that in the Championship is going to be very hard to do.

Be interesting to see where you think Bulls will lose points from?

2 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Be interesting to see where you think Bulls will lose points from?

0.5 from attandances would be the obvious one as they dip under the 3k average as it will be judged by number of people of actually in attendance. That would leave them about 1.5 points short of being in the mix, going through the gradings I'm struggling to see how they get near that.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

0.5 from attandances would be the obvious one as they dip under the 3k average as it will be judged by number of people of actually in attendance. That would leave them about 1.5 points short of being in the mix, going through the gradings I'm struggling to see how they get near that.

So your saying the Bulls included fans who didn't attend? Any evidence?

2 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

So your saying the Bulls included fans who didn't attend? Any evidence?

Yeah theres pictures posted about on this forum, you will have to do a search for them though. Other people have said similar as well but I think I might be the only one who posted the evidence. FWIW I don't think the Bulls are alone in this by any stretch its just that theirs are picked out because they are the most obvious.

23 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah theres pictures posted about on this forum, you will have to do a search for them though. Other people have said similar as well but I think I might be the only one who posted the evidence. FWIW I don't think the Bulls are alone in this by any stretch its just that theirs are picked out because they are the most obvious.

So no actual evidence except a picture? 😂 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

So no actual evidence except a picture? 😂 

Yeah you are right, there may have been 2k fans all went to the toilets around the same time.🤣 What more evidence do you want other than crowd pics when a game is ongoing.

Edited by The Blues Ox

8 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah you are right, there may have been 2k fans all went to the toilets around the same time.🤣 What more evidence do you want other than crowd pics when a game is ongoing.

We could always pick up a half point by turning the pitch 90 degrees, thereby picking up the point for having corporate opposite the halfway line. The pitch is basically square anyway so it makes no difference…..

😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 06/12/2023 at 10:06, The Phantom Horseman said:

In Bullseye-style "here's what you could have won", this is the team that has LEFT Fev since last year 😬  Fev currently down to 16.
1 Mark Kheirallah
2 Luke Briscoe
3 Joey Leilua
4 Chris Hankinson
5 Craig Hall
6 Johnno Ford
7 Dane Chisholm
8 James Lockwood
9 Matty Wildie
10 Junior Moors
11 John Davies
12 Elijah Taylor
13 Matthieu Cozza
subs
14 Craig Kopczak
15 Dan Smith
16 Ellis Longstaff
17 Arama Hau
reserves Luke Cooper, Tyla Hepi

'Kin 'Ell.  That puts things into context.  We might be going through a 'mini-Wakefield' reboot, and that looks like a hell of a lot to overcome.

22 minutes ago, Tubby said:

'Kin 'Ell.  That puts things into context.  We might be going through a 'mini-Wakefield' reboot, and that looks like a hell of a lot to overcome.

It's a lot of players but frankly not that many are big misses. There are a lot of very old players in that list and a lot of them have indeed retired. With more funding the only ones you'd probably want to keep are Hankinson, Cozza and maybe ET and Davies for depth. Obviously Hau as well but he was always just here on loan. 

I think Fev's 17 for next season is actually better than last season but the big issue is squad depth so a lot will depend on what we get from HKR and how they integrate into the squad when they come over. 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 06/12/2023 at 10:06, The Phantom Horseman said:

In Bullseye-style "here's what you could have won", this is the team that has LEFT Fev since last year 😬  Fev currently down to 16.
1 Mark Kheirallah
2 Luke Briscoe
3 Joey Leilua
4 Chris Hankinson
5 Craig Hall
6 Johnno Ford
7 Dane Chisholm
8 James Lockwood
9 Matty Wildie
10 Junior Moors
11 John Davies
12 Elijah Taylor
13 Matthieu Cozza
subs
14 Craig Kopczak
15 Dan Smith
16 Ellis Longstaff
17 Arama Hau
reserves Luke Cooper, Tyla Hepi

Aged to perfection..... give this bunch a couple of years more, and they'd be Tubby Ashton's Dream Team for the Eagles 😄

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

South Yorkshire seems to be a retirement home for ex-Fev players...I make it that Sheffield and Doncaster have 16 between them.

Alright. I get that Craig Hall's knocking on (not sure where he'll play but good back up). You're happy to lose Briscoe though? Released because not good enough or too expensive? Genuine question. 

Lyne and Briscoe on left side with decent service from Sutcliffe and Robinson could give us a few points 

Edited by Rene_Artois

7 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

Alright. I get that Craig Hall's knocking on (not sure where he'll play but good back up). You're happy to lose Briscoe though? Released because not good enough or too expensive? Genuine question 

Briscoe's still a very good player, you'll love watching him and Hally, am not knocking these guys at all! Plenty of Fev fans wanted to keep Luke.

As for your question, genuinely not sure. Fev are operating on half last year's budget hence why about 19 have moved on. Hard to say which ones were purely on economic grounds especially without knowing how much money each player was on.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Briscoe's still a very good player, you'll love watching him and Hally, am not knocking these guys at all! Plenty of Fev fans wanted to keep Luke.

As for your question, genuinely not sure. Fev are operating on half last year's budget hence why about 19 have moved on. Hard to say which ones were purely on economic grounds especially without how much money each player was on.

Fair reply. Thanks