2024 thread on other Championship teams

1 hour ago, haskey said:

Looks like London give Hull one hell of a fright . Last minute try to win it, Can Smith keep his job at Hull methinks.?

The fact that London came so close only proves one thing to me.  The effective abolition of relegation is already showing a reduction in standards on the pitch and why wouldn't it ? - particularly for teams like Hull with little to no chance of success in the league / play-offs but even less chance of relegation with their safe IMG score.  Whatever happened to that every minute matters idea.... 

11 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

The fact that London came so close only proves one thing to me.  The effective abolition of relegation is already showing a reduction in standards on the pitch and why wouldn't it ? - particularly for teams like Hull with little to no chance of success in the league / play-offs but even less chance of relegation with their safe IMG score.  Whatever happened to that every minute matters idea.... 

This is a very good point. With relegation already signed, sealed and delivered for London, the weaker teams have a free pass and London are just making up the numbers. The standard so far this season is terrible. Hull were woeful today. Hull KR equally so on Saturday, although they have a good squad. Castleford are terrible and have a very poor looking squad. 

I think the two posts above are pretty valid, maybe clubs can say this year they are spending less on squads because they want to improve stadia/facilities etc but there's a definite danger that as the years go by and the 12 SL clubs become clearly defined and established it will become almost impossible for Championship clubs to progress to the top flight barring a huge influx of cash, because the system has SO much incumbency bias, it's so much easier to rack up IMG points in various categories when you're already in SL.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think the two posts above are pretty valid, maybe clubs can say this year they are spending less on squads because they want to improve stadia/facilities etc but there's a definite danger that as the years go by and the 12 SL clubs become clearly defined and established it will become almost impossible for Championship clubs to progress to the top flight barring a huge influx of cash, because the system has SO much incumbency bias, it's so much easier to rack up IMG points in various categories when you're already in SL.

Meanwhile where does that leave the supporters?  An inferior product on the pitch.

Ask any true fan and we don't care about anything else. 

As Bob Hoskins said - We're looking for a bit more than a better hot dog at half time - know what I mean.

Or something like that...

Supporters have to re set their ambitions.Instead of trying to get into SL realise that  it is something we cannot achieve under I.M.G .Keep  supporting the club knowing that we are now similar to half a dozen other Championship clubs We still get the same feeling with an win against the odds.But the club must play it's part by keeping prices down to a more realistic level.No need to charge excessive prices for Championship games.With no promotion all but two or three doing work in the community and schools could be part time.With £20k a year a top wage which unless there is a drastic drop off of support the club should be able to afford.

• Like 2

I think the club has made a big ticket price mistake with requiring OAP s to pay full price for their entry ie £20

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, haskey said:

I think the club has made a big ticket price mistake with requiring OAP s to pay full price for their entry ie £20

It will put some off and apparently its £25 for the Good Friday game that certainly won't get fans in.

50 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

£8 for me at Sheffield yesterday.

I don't know how they survive on them crowds especially charging £8 ,how much is it for under 65's?.  Rovers were going to charge £25 and £20 but decided on just £20  across the board ,i don't suppose they could keep charging £15 seeing as every thing as gone up. 

13 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I don't know how they survive on them crowds especially charging £8 ,how much is it for under 65's?.  Rovers were going to charge £25 and £20 but decided on just £20  across the board ,i don't suppose they could keep charging £15 seeing as every thing as gone up. 

Standard on the day prices for Eagles' league games are Adult £22 seated/£20 standing, Concessions £17/£14, Juniors £7/£5

• Thanks 1

Would it have been £20 if we had drawn a less fancied lower level team, (on paper anyway.)

2 minutes ago, haskey said:

Would it have been £20 if we had drawn a less fancied lower level team, (on paper anyway.)

Don't both clubs have to agree pricing for cup games?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

44 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Standard on the day prices for Eagles' league games are Adult £22 seated/£20 standing, Concessions £17/£14, Juniors £7/£5

Look about right them prices.

I thought I had read somewhere that the ticket prices (for league games) were going to be £25, possibly for the on the day purchases, with an early price of £20.

Bearing in mind they have been selling memberships at £270 for 13 games that works out at £20.76 a game, so I am sure they want to make match day prices more than that.

Edited by bigbaldnmad

13 hours ago, Fevrover said:

That was early price under 65's were £10 standing £12 seating early and £12 and £15 on he day.One thing i didn't like probably because a small crowd was expected.On the standing side grass cordoned off ,ok with that as it was damp.But spectators could only stand from the try line up to the 30m mark.People were stood two or three deep and viewing was awkward.I tried it but then went behind the sticks which was much better with plenty of room.A note for our supporters when we visit get your tickets printed or downloaded on to smart phone otherwise the pay on the day entrance was very slow 5min to get half a dozen through.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fevrover said:

It will put some off and apparently its £25 for the Good Friday game that certainly won't get fans in.

On FEV web ticket page 

Both Wakey games and all other league home games £20

• Like 1

From the back office update on 26/1

Concession Prices
Following a nine-year freeze on ticket prices, we have reviewed and revised our prices for 2024 out of necessity. During this period the Club’s bills have increased by over 200%, we have experienced the challenges of the pandemic and our broadcast distribution has dropped by 75%. We are very proud of the fact that we have maintained our prices to our loyal supporters during this time.

This year our match day prices will increase to a flat rate price for adults and concessions which will start from £20 per game.  Some premium game match day prices will increase up to £25. We have also increased our match day price for children to just £5 which allows us to continue to invest in our match day product and your match day experience as supporters. 

There is a Concession Blue Wall Membership at the reduced level of £200, which is nearing 100% on renewals as well as attracting new Blue Wall Members.

Having considered feedback, we recognise that there are a number of concession age supporters who come to most games and not all, meaning the Blue Wall Membership is not a cost-effective option for them.  With that in mind, concession priced tickets for every home league game are being made available to purchase for a limited period.  These tickets are only available until 3rd February 2024 so please purchase these tickets as soon as possible either in the shop or  online.  Click here to buy.

As a club at the heart of our community, we do our utmost to be considerate of our supporter's pockets, particularly during the cost-of-living squeeze.  The Club make a huge effort to keep food and drink prices down on match days  and has worked hard to improve the match day experience for fans with pre-match and post-match entertainment, double and triple headers, themed days and more. We hope that our supporters understand this position.

Finally, tickets are selling very well for our Good Friday derby clash with Wakefield Trinity.  We really do hope will be our biggest crowd in years.  Places in the Bartercard Sponsors Lounge are also selling well with a traditional fish and chip meal as part the offer.  Please contact me as soon as possible if you would like to take up this great opportunity.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Bradford look to have made a decent signing with Zac Fulton (Bobby's grandson), who looked to play well above his weight in the limited game time I've seen of him.

Talking of Bradford, an interesting post script to their game with Swinton. Swinton posted a video of 3 incidents on their Twitter/X account where clearly they weren't happy with the decisions. Two of them were disallowed tries, both of which looked tries to me but obviously the ref only gets 1 look at them and in the first case he was unsighted. The third incident was by a late hit on John Davies which also may or may not have been to the head, it was penalised and the incident was put on report so it will be an interesting comparison to see how the disciplinary committee deal with it in relation to how some SL players have been dealt with.

I'm not really sure posting controversial incidents on Twitter is really appropriate though, it's a bit like coaches calling out officials after the game, and no surprise to see they took it down shortly afterwards.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

22 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bardford look to have made a decent signing with Zac Fulton (Bobby's grandson), who looked to play well above his weight in the limited game time I've seen of him.

Talking of Bradford, an interesting post script to their game with Swinton. Swinton posted a video of 3 incidents on their Twitter/X account where clearly they weren't happy with the decisions. Two of them were disallowed tries, both of which looked tries to me but obviously the ref only gets 1 look at them and in the first case he was unsighted. The third incident was by a late hit on John Davies which also may or may not have been to the head, it was penalised and the incident was put on report so it will be an interesting comparison to see how the disciplinary committee deal with it in relation to how some SL players have been dealt with.

I'm not really sure posting controversial incidents on Twitter is really appropriate though, it's a bit like coaches calling out officials after the game, and no surprise to see they took it down shortly afterwards.

Keighley did something similar after the Bulls game last month. The post match highlights showed all the late hits, granted they weren't replayed or shown in slow motion, but they were left in on purpose. 

All 3 late hits were penalised with one match bans. Only one (I think) was given as a penalty during the game. I've no doubt each one would have resulted in a least 10 mins in the bin if a SL game. The first one from Doro looked the worse in real time and on replays, and you could maybe argue that it might have been more than a sin binning. Anyway,let's let by gones be by gones and all that 😅

12 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

Keighley did something similar after the Bulls game last month. The post match highlights showed all the late hits, granted they weren't replayed or shown in slow motion, but they were left in on purpose. 

This would have been SO much better if you had got Mr O'Neill senior to do his own voice-over on the clip in the style of Mick Morgan's famous one for Cas v Wigan..."ooh, what about that, send him off, send the dirty get off!"

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

This would have been SO much better if you had got Mr O'Neill senior to do his own voice-over on the clip in the style of Mick Morgan's famous one for Cas v Wigan..."ooh, what about that, send him off, send the dirty get off!"

I think Gledhill would have exploded if that had happened. 

59 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Bardford look to have made a decent signing with Zac Fulton (Bobby's grandson), who looked to play well above his weight in the limited game time I've seen of him.

Both disallowed tries look awful decisions - really struggling to see what the touch judge thought was wrong with the 2nd.

On 05/03/2024 at 09:28, sentoffagain2 said:

That was early price under 65's were £10 standing £12 seating early and £12 and £15 on he day.One thing i didn't like probably because a small crowd was expected.On the standing side grass cordoned off ,ok with that as it was damp.But spectators could only stand from the try line up to the 30m mark.People were stood two or three deep and viewing was awkward.I tried it but then went behind the sticks which was much better with plenty of room.A note for our supporters when we visit get your tickets printed or downloaded on to smart phone otherwise the pay on the day entrance was very slow 5min to get half a dozen through.

No hot food or pints from a pump 

cans only