What have I missed?

17 hours ago, Spidey said:

On December 1st I was offered a kidney after soMe complications after the actual transplant it looks to be working. Still getting back to myself but not been on here, hopefully home next week. Anybody want to give me the highlights & lowlights

A key highlight is you getting home after all that!

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 31/12/2023 at 20:21, Spidey said:

On December 1st I was offered a kidney after soMe complications after the actual transplant it looks to be working. Still getting back to myself but not been on here, hopefully home next week. Anybody want to give me the highlights & lowlights

All the best for your recovery.   Good to know you are on the mend. Take care, though, reading some RL topics....you'll need to avoid stress for quite a while.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 20:21, Spidey said:

Assume you are still in hospital? What's the normal recovery time for a kidney transplant? 

12 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Assume you are still in hospital? What's the normal recovery time for a kidney transplant? 

It does vary, last time I had a successful transplant I was home within 3 weeks, some people get home after 2

Today I’m off home after 4 weeks and 5 days due to the complication and the need for a second surgery 

14 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It does vary, last time I had a successful transplant I was home within 3 weeks, some people get home after 2

Today I’m off home after 4 weeks and 5 days due to the complication and the need for a second surgery 

Brilliant you are getting home- hope all goes well 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

Hope you're now fully sorted, Spidey, and all the best for 2024.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After a week at home had a suspected rejection. Thankfully a high dosage regime of steroids and things getting back to normal. 15kg extra fluid on my body which needs shifting but kidney working. Don’t feel ill, just need some stamina & strength building up. Getting back to my own bed tonight, well the spare room anyway so hopefully the steroid filled insomnia will start going away. Hopefully will be right for the RL season starting 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

After a week at home had a suspected rejection. Thankfully a high dosage regime of steroids and things getting back to normal. 15kg extra fluid on my body which needs shifting but kidney working. Don’t feel ill, just need some stamina & strength building up. Getting back to my own bed tonight, well the spare room anyway so hopefully the steroid filled insomnia will start going away. Hopefully will be right for the RL season starting 

Best of luck with the continuing recuperation.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Spidey said:

Good luck with the recovery, Spidey. Best wishes.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.