SuperLeague+ Streaming Platform Launch

I'm a bit out of the loop but I think the clubs had to provide the images to a mandated streaming service. I believe the service had already cut back on streaming Conference North and South, there simply wasn't sufficient demand. Which wouldn't shock anyone with half a brain cell tbh.

The imposition on volunteers is becoming a real issue in non-league football. Friends of mine walked out on a tier four club after the league mandated they had to receive a highlights package by - from memory - 10 p.m. on Saturday and that the club couldn't use the images until Monday. They decide it had ceased to be fun and they'd rather spend Saturday evening with family and friends than editing video for free. A warning for RL perhaps?

Edited by Ivarr the Boneless
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

I'm a bit out of the loop but I think the clubs had to provide the images to a mandated streaming service. I believe the service had already cut back on streaming Conference North and South, there simply wasn't sufficient demand. Which wouldn't shock anyone with half a brain cell tbh.

The imposition on volunteers is becoming a real issue in non-league football. Friends of mine walked out on a tier four club after the league mandated they had to receive a highlights package by - from memory - 10 p.m. on Saturday and that the club couldn't use the images until Monday. They decide it had ceased to be fun and they'd rather spend Saturday evening with family and friends than editing video for free. A warning for RL perhaps?

Sky are doing it, so no volunteers required.

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I missed not having a Thursday night game last night 

The RFL and Sky saw the debate about scores on screen during the game and chose violence.*

*= three games at the same time tonight.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

The RFL and Sky saw the debate about scores on screen during the game and chose violence.*

*= three games at the same time tonight.

Yep, seems really daft. 2 I think is, just, fine but that 3rd fixture is screwed. Why Saints vs Leigh for example (closest matchup) couldn't be the Thursday game I don't know.

And none of the 3 matches tonight are on Main Event...

Just now, Tommygilf said:

And none of the 3 matches tonight are on Main Event...

I know. We have three matches distributed between Action, Arena and Mix. Not great.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I know. We have three matches distributed between Action, Arena and Mix. Not great.

West Brom vs Coventry city on Main Event though!!

Was it Darts on Main Event Last night?

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

West Brom vs Coventry city on Main Event though!!

Was it Darts on Main Event Last night?

I presume it was although I didn't check.

As far as I can see, the only RL on Main Event this weekend is the first game in Las Vegas double header.

31 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I presume it was although I didn't check.

As far as I can see, the only RL on Main Event this weekend is the first game in Las Vegas double header.

At 4am?

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

At 4am?

I was wrong. It's actually the second game - at 4.30am

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

interesting development

Yep. looks like the + in Superleague+ was there for a reason.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Yep. looks like the + in Superleague+ was there for a reason.

One thing I'm struggling to follow is whether it is purely PPV i.e. do subscribers of SL+ have this included?

52 minutes ago, Dave T said:

One thing I'm struggling to follow is whether it is purely PPV i.e. do subscribers of SL+ have this included?

I'm not sure either, but will be very interested to find out.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I'm not sure either, but will be very interested to find out.

It's poor that it doesn't explain it properly, and I have gone through to try and find out. 

I know I sound like a broken record, but £120 for exclusive championship and 4 SL matches (with a cheap international ticket or Sunday magic ticket) is surely a no brainer? 

You have circa 30,000 regular championship attendees and 120k SL attendees to market to. 

You need circa 10k to make it add up 

14 hours ago, Dave T said:

It is scheduled in the upcoming matches w/o a price tag. I‘d assume it is included in the annual subscription like the WCC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Things like this could be real value-add pieces for SL+. Offering exclusive matches that can't be seen elsewhere can be a nice differentiator between them and Sky. 

I do think SL+ is a little too niche at the moment based on Sky offering everything they do plus more, so I think SL+ has to focus on these extras that can be unique to it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

So if you pay monthly its basically £20 a month or £240 a year, up front its £130 the season only lasts 8 or 9 months so whats on for the off season to justify paying?

I think in reality people are unlikely to pay for 12m, so you'd probably knock £60 quid off meaning the max is probably £180.

9 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

So if you pay monthly its basically £20 a month or £240 a year, up front its £130 the season only lasts 8 or 9 months so whats on for the off season to justify paying?

If you’re like me though, you might replay your own club’s games through the off season when you’re itching for the new season to start.   I’m quite happy with the 12 month deal for that reason.   Having said that, there’s only the first half of last season that I’d watch again as a Warrington fan  😳