SuperLeague+ Streaming Platform Launch

10 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

Still seems a bit unclear to me about Sky's role in showing games.

If I'm right it's 15 rounds of Sky showing games before they only show 2 games per week?

They will show 2 games on regular channels then the rest on their own streaming platform (sky that is)

1 hour ago, RigbyLuger said:

Wonder what happens with Our League now?

OurLeague's focus has usually been outside SL, apart from during lockdown.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very interested to learn more.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just a thought on this. Will this service be available in French? And could French subscriptions play a role in SL expansion into France?

Wider than that, it'd be good to understand if this will be the international platform. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just a thought on this. Will this service be available in French? And could French subscriptions play a role in SL expansion into France?

Je ne sais pas 

Edited by Taffy Tiger

The recent string of announcements marks the first time in years that the RFL has looked even remotely connected and competent. It is very clearly the impact of IMG expertise, and the first cause of genuine optimism in English rugby league administration for a long long time. Of course there are a lot of things left to fix, and a lot of progress still to make, but all of this inspires confidence that it actually could happen!

• Like 4

Really hope this is available internationally like WatchNRL... also hope that it has games on replay and delay for those of us in different time zones! can't wait to hear more! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jack GB said:

Really hope this is available internationally like WatchNRL... also hope that it has games on replay and delay for those of us in different time zones! can't wait to hear more! 

Hear, hear!

I am assuming that the FoxLeague channel here in Oz will continue to show the 2 SKY games per week.  So it would be great if people worldwide could purchase an annual or monthly or game day pass.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jack GB said:

I'm sure I read that there is an archive (did he mention c250 pieces of content on there) so hopefully they will keep these things online in the archive to build up the content. I can see that there would be real value to customers in that...

• Like 2

Am I right in saying that Sky have agreed to production costs for every weekly game and that all subscriptions (money) go back to the RFL or do SKY/IMG take a cut of those?

26 minutes ago, binosh said:

Am I right in saying that Sky have agreed to production costs for every weekly game and that all subscriptions (money) go back to the RFL or do SKY/IMG take a cut of those?

The commercials are unknown to the public, but based on reduced up front funding from Sky, I'd like to think they wouldn't get a cut. They are paying around half of what they paid a few years ago, you could argue they've received their cut already. 

• Like 1

If no traditional French tv deal, the super league could target 20k sign ups at £100 a year? 

You'd hope a few expats, non Sky subscribers and french households would purchase? 

I don't know what future of Our League is, or the other app mentioned in IMG article. 

Put championship on app and you might get 10k more  buys, which would make far more financial sense than Premier Sports 

Edited by Rugbyleaguesupporter

9 hours ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

If no traditional French tv deal, the super league could target 20k sign ups at £100 a year? 

You'd hope a few expats, non Sky subscribers and french households would purchase? 

I don't know what future of Our League is, or the other app mentioned in IMG article. 

Put championship on app and you might get 10k more  buys, which would make far more financial sense than Premier Sports 

Apparently they are looking for a traditional TV deal in France.

https://www.totalrl.com/img-in-negotiations-with-french-tv-broadcasters-over-live-catalans-dragons-coverage-for-super-league-2024/

Nonetheless, the streaming should still be international and there would be some interest in France.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread, but I think it was in Martyn Sadler's article that states that SL+ would show all games live, with the exception of the 2 exclusive Sky games - with these going in SL+ after 48hrs.

That all seems quite reasonable, and you can see how this can work alongside traditional sky coverage. 

Maybe £20 a month gets you all of SL, but not the top 2 picks live. If you want those as well, you have to pay the Sky premium price. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread, but I think it was in Martyn Sadler's article that states that SL+ would show all games live, with the exception of the 2 exclusive Sky games - with these going in SL+ after 48hrs.

That all seems quite reasonable, and you can see how this can work alongside traditional sky coverage. 

Maybe £20 a month gets you all of SL, but not the top 2 picks live. If you want those as well, you have to pay the Sky premium price. 

I wouldn't be swapping Sky subscription for SL+ if it was just the games, the biggest interest to me would be the extra's if there is exclusive content and a big archive of games Id be very tempted to get SL+ along with Sky.

2 hours ago, binosh said:

If the RFL had anything about them they would find a way to package all the Championship games up and show on the App aswell.

The problem is getting someone to pay to produce them, as Sky are for Super League.