2024 attendance thread

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Jeez your not wrong. The Facebook comments are scandalous, absolutely boss eyed nonsense.

The fact Hull scored will be the point of criticism, and not the champagne stuff we scored at times.

As for our crowd - sure, the cup isn't well supported but 2pm on a Saturday is awful, frankly. Purely anecdotal but because of the timing my group of 7 was reduced to 2. Play that game on Sunday or Friday night, and the crowd is twice the size - and as the game wasn't on TV I am scratching my head as to why that time and date was picked. 

RFL decide on CC dates, apparently it was player welfare issues that they decided we were to play Hull at 2pm on Saturday, our club weren't happy with it.

9 hours ago, daz39 said:

RFL decide on CC dates, apparently it was player welfare issues that they decided we were to play Hull at 2pm on Saturday, our club weren't happy with it.

Player welfare? Dont they want to be out after dark in Huddersfield?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Player welfare? Dont they want to be out after dark in Huddersfield?

Presumably they didn’t want Hull having a Sunday-Friday turnaround when Hull KR have a much bigger gap.

World away from the spell in the Championship where Sunday-Thursday was the norm and there was even the odd occasion of Sunday-Thursday-Sunday. 

19 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

the bold predictions were out by:

P v B -8%

W v R +4%

R v B +2%

D v T +12%

D v C +51% 😡 

T v S +6%

E v S +20%

K v S -2%

Dragons getting sub 10k through the gates is really bad.

Disappointing Eels couldn’t get a few more there too for a matchup against their old rivals from the Tooheys advert:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=Cmwwy_-eh6lyqWMs&v=6epsxQqn91M&feature=youtu.be

Oooof, so much for 6 / 8 games being sell outs. That's not great reading.

4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Presumably they didn’t want Hull having a Sunday-Friday turnaround when Hull KR have a much bigger gap.

World away from the spell in the Championship where Sunday-Thursday was the norm and there was even the odd occasion of Sunday-Thursday-Sunday. 

Correct, Hull requested the Saturday as far as i'm aware.

Hull KR have just set up a members' ticket exchange scheme because of the number of sell-outs. Unbelievably we've even sold out the East Stand for the London game, which has never happened and is still two weeks away. We really need to extend that stand, we're leaving money on the table at the moment, and don't want to be turning away new customers who could become fans for years afterwards. 

I can't make the derby this week though, so at least I might get some cash back now... will stick it on the bookies where Hull FC have only been given a 22 point handicap - money making opportunity there!!! 🤑 💲💲💲💲💲

Hull 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Worzel said:

Hull KR have just set up a members' ticket exchange scheme because of the number of sell-outs. Unbelievably we've even sold out the East Stand for the London game, which has never happened and is still two weeks away. We really need to extend that stand, we're leaving money on the table at the moment, and don't want to be turning away new customers who could become fans for years afterwards. 

I can't make the derby this week though, so at least I might get some cash back now... will stick it on the bookies where Hull FC have only been given a 22 point handicap - money making opportunity there!!! 🤑 💲💲💲💲💲

Hull 

There is merit in having a ground slightly too small, as people see tickets as a great thing to have and buy them early. I’d wager that if your ground was 5k bigger there’d have been fewer tickets sold for the Broncos game at this stage. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Eddie said:

There is merit in having a ground slightly too small, as people see tickets as a great thing to have and buy them early. I’d wager that if your ground was 5k bigger there’d have been fewer tickets sold for the Broncos game at this stage. 

Yeah's that's true, but I think selling out every home game including the least attractive match of the year (almost guaranteed win, against a side with few travelling fans), goes beyond that point. We just need to complete the East Stand so it runs to the Southern dead ball line, that gets us an extra 1,100 standing spaces in the part of the ground people want to be in. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, up the robins said:

Really need the East stand extension. Club have released this today.

IMG-20240326-WA0005.jpg

Only 300 spots in the East Stand that aren’t already taken by members? That’s nuts. Just shows it’s what people want to buy. Definitely needs extending. 

If we’ve 8,000 members, with 1,000 away seats that’s 85% of the home capacity pre-sold for the season - and mostly on monthly subscription so easier to renew. Someone needs to find a few million quid for some building work, trouble is it’s not the right time with the economy b###### and interest rates so high. Sod’s Law.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Only 300 spots in the East Stand that aren’t already taken by members? That’s nuts. Just shows it’s what people want to buy. Definitely needs extending. 

If we’ve 8,000 members, with 1,000 away seats that’s 85% of the home capacity pre-sold for the season - and mostly on monthly subscription so easier to renew. Someone needs to find a few million quid for some building work, trouble is it’s not the right time with the economy b###### and interest rates so high. Sod’s Law.

On the other side of things we have a board which has abilty to provide materials and skills cheaper than the going rate and possibly a business loan at favourable rates to the club 😀 

• Like 1

Hull KR really on the up which is great to see - "year on year growth of over 30% in full season membership sales"

The club have done a great job with many initiatives and it feels like they've really connected with the community.

A positive RL story!

Edited by bratman
  • Like 5

On 25/03/2024 at 17:49, Worzel said:

Hull 

Only Hull KR know that they are sold out.

Huddersfield could claim they have sold out too in all fairness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, meast said:

Indeed, they said their first game (I forget who it was against) was sold out but there were plenty of empty white seats in the stand on the left as you look on tv. 

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Indeed, they said their first game (I forget who it was against) was sold out but there were plenty of empty white seats in the stand on the left as you look on tv. 

Most likely non-attending season pass (urgh) holders which is exactly why they’ve created the exchange tbf. It’s built in to the Ticketmaster platform at an extra cost so only worth turning on when it’ll make some dough. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meast said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah OK mate. Hull KR have to report attendance figures to RL Commercial. They publish attendances 3 times per season, so it's wholly transparent. 

We never need Huddersfield to do that though, the RFL just send a bloke down to count the attendance on their fingers, or fingers and toes if it's a really, really big match.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I live down South, I can't go to every game despite my season ticket. I won't even be at the derby on Friday, along with 2 of my family. It's pretty normal to see empty seats at games where every ticket has been sold.

We've launched the ticket exchange precisely for this reason. To be honest I'd leave the conspiracy theories to subjects like Catherine's photoshopping, who's been on P Diddy's private jet or whether that boat hit that bridge on purpose if I were you. They're unlikely to bother with rugby league matches. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Sold out could mean anything if you want it to look and seem good.

Fair play to rovers, although I jest, they're obviously doing something right, it's just weird that they wouldn't want to publish these so called sold out crowds.