Whitehaven 1895 cup

🔵Tickets are available for this weekends first of a double header v Whitehaven. 

📅18th February 1895 cup 

🎟️Tickets - www.townrlfc.com 

🚫Ike Southward Memorial Trophy tickets are not valid for this game. 

📅3rd March - The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy 🏆

🎟️Tickets also at www.townrlfc.com 

Please ensure you select the correct fixture. 

UTT

• Like 1

Given our relative results against Barrow in this competition it is fair to say Haven are favourites.

That said we seem to be improving with more games  seen in the second half against Batley. So if we can stay in the game thru the first half, it could be a close game towards the end.

Maybe wishful thinking but we have often beaten favourites in the past.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Given our relative results against Barrow in this competition it is fair to say Haven are favourites.

That said we seem to be improving with more games  seen in the second half against Batley. So if we can stay in the game thru the first half, it could be a close game towards the end.

Maybe wishful thinking but we have often beaten favourites in the past.

Maybe they're getting conditioned to playing championship teams now and instead of what I thought that it would knock our confidence it's actually lifting it. 

• Like 2

Town Squad news. 

Burns Bradley Bickerdike Charlton

Croston Eccleston Forber Henson

Hutton Key Mossop Marwood

Sammut Scholey Saunders 

Thomson Taylor Steele Reid 

Walton Walker. 

Tickets www.townrlfc.com 

Edited by WTRLFC WEBSITE

11 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

What's people's predictions for Sunday, I'm going for 16-38 think haven have to much for us, signed some good players, these games will make us stronger for the real bread and butter , hopefully no injuries and a good crowd.

If we start better than the last two games then we'll compete and go close. 

Looks like Sammut's banned for the next game. 

My heart says 16 to 14 but my brain says 14 to 28.

Hope it's a good game with no injuries and we would prefer to win the IKE game anyway. 

I hope for a good game, a good crowd and a good attitude, we need each other and I hope in the championship next time

UTT.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Yes sunny intervals and a gentle breeze so no excuse to come thru in your thousands.

Your favourites aren't you?

well it’s the only time you get a crowd is when we come through 😂😉

43 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Pity you don't turn up at at home and support your team maybe they wouldn't get in a mess year in year , just say marra 😆

I do turn up marra just wish the rest would too 😂

3 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Sorry lads but that attitude is not what we need at the moment,

Our clubs mean a lot to us both and at 72 I have supported Town for over 60 years, and when living away most of my life, when I came home from college etc and if Town were away I would go to the rec to support our other local team. When it was a Derby it was always Town even on that new year day at the rec even we ground out a nil all draw.

We need rivalry It gets us up for the fight, but neither club is really stable at thr moment, run by good people but on shoe string.

Haven are a league above us now but that is not important, Town are made up of many local and want the bragging rights.

It's a shared gate as is the Iike game, so both clubs will benefit. A fine day is forecast so I hope both sets of fans turn up for a close game.

Really wish I was not 390 miles away.

Enjoy the game.

s