Sunday 25th Feb: CC R4: Swinton Lions V Oldham: KO 6:00pm, Heywood Road, Sale.

Bedford Roughyed

Edited by Bedford Roughyed
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

Naughty by Swinton though. Charging for kids and putting up the on the day prices. No wonder they struggle for fans

Prices haven't gone up if you buy before the day 

Merged the Swinton threads to keep it in one place.

2 minutes ago, ultimate roughyed said:

To be fair it's Swinton's normal admission price and it's a shared gate anyway so we'll get our share of the gate receipts. 

Only after payment of expenses and both clubs set the price between themselves in cup matches.

9 hours ago, bigred said:

Small club trying to maximise their profits from one game. 

Very short term thinking. 

The prices haven't gone up

This is not correct 

The prices are the same

Prices are higher every game on the gate if you don't book in advance 

It's nothing to do playing Oldham

Don't know why the dig either

You've had one big crowd this season and now you're billy big balls? Personally I think  it is fabulous to see Oldham rise from the bottom.  Surely it's good if all the local clubs do well?

• Like 2

• Bedford Roughyed changed the title to Sunday 25th Feb: CC R4: Swinton Lions V Oldham: KO 6:00pm, Heywood Road, Sale.
9 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Erm, think you'll find it's Sunday 25th Feb. Not Saturday as stated in the title?

You are quite right.  My mistake.

2 hours ago, Mark R said:

The prices haven't gone up

This is not correct 

The prices are the same

Prices are higher every game on the gate if you don't book in advance 

It's nothing to do playing Oldham

Don't know why the dig either

You've had one big crowd this season and now you're billy big balls? Personally I think  it is fabulous to see Oldham rise from the bottom.  Surely it's good if all the local clubs do well?

After 5 minutes of improvements and winning absolutely nothing,some of our fans have lost all their class.

Embarrassing really.

Edited by herbie
  • Like 6

Mark R, not a dig, just my opinion.

My original point was I feel it is wrong to charge kids. Many clubs don’t charge for kids these days as it seems there is a concerted effort across the game to attract young fans. However, it wouldn’t have stopped me taking the grandkids normally, but as it is school the next day they can’t go. 

My other point was charging an extra £2 on match day. Would this put off walk ups on the day? I know some other  clubs do it, but it just seems strange when we are trying to attract as many fans as possible.

i hope we get a great crowd for this match and going forward, Swinton continue to grow again  and have success in the championship. 

Edited by sheddingswasus

21 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

My original point was I feel it is wrong to charge kids. Many clubs don’t charge for kids these days as it seems there is a concerted effort across the game to attract young fans. However, it wouldn’t have stopped me taking the grandkids normally, but as it is school the next day they can’t go. 

My other point was charging an extra £2 on match day. Would this put off walk ups on the day? I know some other  clubs do it, but it just seems strange when we are trying to attract as many fans as possible.

For many recent years kids went free. Indeed under 16s season tickets were also free. Research by the club suggests that there was almost zero take up from home or away fans leading to them charging the small fee this season 

I think its daft too. 

But the prices are the same for Oldham as they are for every other club this season.

I'm sure it's going to be a great game.

• Like 2

• Like 2