Match thread: Challenge Cup 5th Round. Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity. Sunday 10th March 2024.

Wow, how good was that?!?!

Proper old-school cuptie. I said beforehand I just hoped we had a dig, and did we ever!

We'll be watching that game again on RoversTV Gold in years to come like so many of the classics. Backs to the wall, lost Bussey after 2 minutes, yet saw it out and in my very biased opinion were deserving winners. Great to have the feelgood factor back, and it's while since we've been able to relish being underdogs.

• Like 7

Think I’m right in saying we only used 3 of the subs as well, remarkable when you think we lost JB after only a couple of minutes.

• Like 2

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

9 minutes ago, roversspud said:

Think I’m right in saying we only used 3 of the subs as well, remarkable when you think we lost JB after only a couple of minutes.

Yep, the two might be connected of course as all the intended interchanges go out of the window when someone is ruled out so early.

FWIW I thought we finished the stronger in the last 15 minutes of regulation time and again in golden point time, so fair play to Fordy.

Did Addy do 80+ minutes? He was immense today but so were many others...Gadwin...Josh...Gaz...both halves played their socks off...Brad England gives it his all doesn't he...80+ minmutes for Jonesy too.

• Like 2

You always expect to win the golden point on a drop goal not a try, never saw that one coming. Absolutely fantastic Gaz Gale 

• Like 4

Im Fev and im proud

Every player played as if their life depended on it  not show ponies counting their brass.All the forwards for Fev were outstanding and put double shifts in.First time i have had a good look at England i watched the game on The Sportsman.A proper forward for older posters he reminds me of Mick Gibbins with his no nonsense approach.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

You always expect to win the golden point on a drop goal not a try, never saw that one coming. Absolutely fantastic Gaz Gale 

So right Mo. I was thinking in those conditions it would finish with a drop goal. I couldn't believe it when I saw Gaz in space and I can't remember how he got the ball in the first place. I was satisfied in the thought that we had held them to a draw never thinking we could score again. Both sets of players need applauding for slogging it out in those conditions 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Every player played as if their life depended on it  not show ponies counting their brass.All the forwards for Fev were outstanding and put double shifts in.First time i have had a good look at England i watched the game on The Sportsman.A proper forward for older posters he reminds me of Mick Gibbins with his no nonsense approach.

I've been pleasantly surprised by him too, and he seems to be able to play in the middle or back row.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

I thought it would still be 10-10 after the 20 minutes or however long they allow, I couldn't see anyone getting a drop goal off the ground in those conditions.

Why do we support the Rovers. For games like this.  60 nil games against lower clubs is good for the 2 points  but where is the true excitement. well today we had it in bags full, true blood and guts performance against the odds,  full of old fashion winter rugby We were out on our feet with 20 minutes to go but we did it. The run up the hill by GG with mud on his boots was some finish.. 

A big club in the next draw will did out finances some good, and you never know at home with it p--sing it down , who knows with a spirit like this in the camp.

Again, well done lads,. !!!! 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, haskey said:

Why do we support the Rovers. For games like this.  60 nil games against lower clubs is good for the 2 points  but where is the true excitement. well today we had it in bags full, true blood and guts performance against the odds,  full of old fashion winter rugby We were out on our feet with 20 minutes to go but we did it. The run up the hill by GG with mud on his boots was some finish.. 

A big club in the next draw will did out finances some good, and you never know at home with it p--sing it down , who knows with a spirit like this in the camp.

Again, well done lads,. !!!! 

Reminds me of the day we beat c@$ in the mud when Arron Palelei scored at the end of the game.

Edited by Fevrover

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

Reminds me of the day we beat c@$ in the mud when Arron Pelei  scored at the end of the game.

I remember what the commentator said (There are no piano  players at Fev)We didn't have any in the forwards today but we had True Grit.Had to get that in it's the Oscars tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I remember what the commentator said (There are no piano  players at Fev)We didn't have any in the forwards today but we had True Grit.Had to get that in it's the Oscars tonight.

Used to love watching scrumdown even though it was on late .

I said to Mark who was sat next to me in family stand that I’m sure Chris Burton was on the pitch today, think it was the shirts 😂

• Like 1

Im Fev and im proud