Lachlan Galvin

I think we may be seriously witnessing the birth of a superstar, I really think he could be anything.

18 years old, and absolutely starring at 5/8 for the Tigers. Not everyday an 18 year old comes into first grade and dominates.

Was Captain of the Australian Schoolboys side last year aswell and has been very highly touted.

Edited by NRLandSL
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, M j M said:

Talking more about Tigers Young Guns

Tallyn Da Silva 2005

Lachlan Galvin 2005

Jordan Miller 2005

Latu Fainu 2004

Samu Fainu 2004

Josh Feledy 2004

Kit Laulilii 2005

All of them are in the top 30 squad Besides Laulii’i and all have debuted besides Latu Fainu (Who has debuted for Tonga) and Jordan Miller.

If even half of these players reach there potential, Tigers could become a serious threat in the next few years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

I think we may be seriously witnessing the birth of a superstar, I really think he could be anything.

18 years old, and absolutely starring at 5/8 for the Tigers. Not everyday an 18 year old comes into first grade and dominates.

Was Captain of the Australian Schoolboys side last year aswell and has been very highly touted.

The kid is quality, there’s elements of his game that remind me of Darren Lockyer.

The Tigers look like they might actually compete in some games this year 

• Like 2

With Jarome Luai arriving at Wests Tigers next year and being paid a massive salary, given the extraordinary talent of Lachlan Gavin, there will be no longer be a place at Wests Tigers for Turkish international and former Gold Coast, Canberra, Leeds and Huddersfield half back Aiden Sezer.

Expect Aiden Sezer to be on the player market for 2025 and available to play for a Super League club. 

Edited by Bradman Better

6 minutes ago, Bradman Better said:

With Jarome Luai arriving at Wests Tigers next year and being paid a massive salary, given the extraordinary talent of Lachlan Gavin, there will be no longer be a place at Wests Tigers for Turkish international and former Gold Coast, Canberra, Leeds and Huddersfield half back Aiden Sezer.

Expect Aiden Sezer to be on the player market for 2025 and available to play for a Super League club. 

Sezer will be equally available to play for an NRL club......but I very seriously doubt either scenario will come to pass.

15 minutes ago, Bradman Better said:

Sezer's contract was a one year deal viewed as a stop-gap so I wouldn't pretend this is some blinding revelation you've had.

Whether any SL club would go for him is another question.

5 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Talking more about Tigers Young Guns

Tallyn Da Silva 2005

Lachlan Galvin 2005

Jordan Miller 2005

Latu Fainu 2004

Samu Fainu 2004

Josh Feledy 2004

Kit Laulilii 2005

All of them are in the top 30 squad Besides Laulii’i and all have debuted besides Latu Fainu (Who has debuted for Tonga) and Jordan Miller.

If even half of these players reach there potential, Tigers could become a serious threat in the next few years.

Turning that corner has taken a long time, but they seem to be playing with a lot more self-belief this season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Bradman Better said:

It’ll be curious how the Tigers work with Luai and Galvin, given they are both stand offs. I’m not sure they’ll work as a combination. 

Galvin is flourishing because Sezer leads the team around the park. 

It’ll be no surprise if Wests mess up their recruitment and Galvin goes elsewhere 

2 hours ago, Bradman Better said:

No thanks he was next to useless in SL. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

It’ll be curious how the Tigers work with Luai and Galvin, given they are both stand offs. I’m not sure they’ll work as a combination. 

Galvin is flourishing because Sezer leads the team around the park. 

It’ll be no surprise if Wests mess up their recruitment and Galvin goes elsewhere 

Luai has stated one of the reasons he was ready to move on was to show he can be the ringleader. He wants to run the show and time will tell as to whether he can do so to a high enough level.

31 minutes ago, wakeyranger said:

Very impressed with Bula (if that's spelt right) at fullback. As for Sezer I suspect he might retire or drop down a grade imo. Can't see him wanting to come back to England.

Bula was one of Wests' few bright spots last season. His full surname is Bula-Okesene - I wonder if he's related to Hitro?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, Bradman Better said:

5 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Sezer will be equally available to play for an NRL club......but I very seriously doubt either scenario will come to pass.

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Sezer's contract was a one year deal viewed as a stop-gap so I wouldn't pretend this is some blinding revelation you've had.

Whether any SL club would go for him is another question.

Past his best before date for both NRL and SL and probably the NSW cup would be his best bet.

5 hours ago, wakeyranger said:

Very impressed with Bula (if that's spelt right) at fullback. As for Sezer I suspect he might retire or drop down a grade imo. Can't see him wanting to come back to England.

Drop down a grade or go back to Titans……..well I suppose thats the same thing.

6 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Luai has stated one of the reasons he was ready to move on was to show he can be the ringleader. He wants to run the show and time will tell as to whether he can do so to a high enough 

I hope Luai can, but he doesn't seem to have the calm mind-set of a controlling half

36 minutes ago, HullWire said:

I hope Luai can, but he doesn't seem to have the calm mind-set of a controlling half

As young as he is, he'll be a senior player to many of that Wests squad, but he'll be exposed too, without the Panthers stars and team system around him.

It could go either way; either it'll make him a leader and knock some of the snide nonsense out of his game, or he'll get frustrated and make a prat of himself.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, eal said:

Still early days for Galvin, plus he will be suspended for the next few weeks due to a terrible hip drop tackle.

Shame about the suspension will also rule him out of rookie of the year contention aswell. I’m sure it won’t bother him though, like I said for him to be playing the way he is playing at 18 is almost unheard of, he looks very special.

Galvin did not play reserve grade straight into the  first team. Ruled out of rookie of the year, I guess he will just have to win the Clive Churchill medal now😀.

That's for Farmduck our long suffering Wests Tigers Fan.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

23 hours ago, DoubleD said:

The kid is quality, there’s elements of his game that remind me of Darren Lockyer.

The Tigers look like they might actually compete in some games this year 

It`s interesting, I see a bit of Scott Hill in him. Tall, lean, classy five-eight for the Storm and later Harlequins, and who also played for N.S.W. and Australia, eventually moving into the lock position, a position where it has been touted Galvin will end up.

Btw, I think at one stage Hill was described in the media "as the two-iron with ears".

Edited by The Rocket

3 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

It`s interesting, I see a bit of Scott Hill in him. Tall, lean, classy five-eight for the Storm and later Harlequins, and who also played for N.S.W. and Australia, eventually moving into the lock position, a position where it has been touted Galvin will end up.

Played a lot of Back rower in junior grades, way too small to play there in first grade just yet. But if he puts on some size in the next few years, he could make a transition to a ball playing 13.