Fri 5th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/24 at 19:30

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I think there was just enough movement to be ok.  My opinion of course.

Yeah, without going back and micro viewing it I am unsure, hence the question on the end when I said Warrington couldn't argue if the extra effort got punished.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Nicholson was given the 13 jersey this year but I think that try shows he is an outstanding talent ad an edge forward.  Such a good running line l, speed and footwork. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Really really enjoyable game

Really really really annoying drum.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Nicholson was given the 13 jersey this year but I think that try shows he is an outstanding talent ad an edge forward.  Such a good running line l, speed and footwork. 

Great footwork. But you’d be a bit upset with the centre if you were the Leeds coach. 

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Numbering is a bit strange as it has been clear from day 1 that Burgess sees Currie as the loose and he has done well there all year.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Dunbar said:

Really really enjoyable game

Really really really annoying drum.

One day there'll be an AI option where you can be watching a live game and the software will remove the drum sound... and replace it with a cowbell.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

One day there'll be an AI option where you can be watching a live game and the software will remove the drum sound... and replace it with a cowbell.

Or remove the score from the NRL game played earlier and keep everyone happy!

1 minute ago, meast said:

Mark Wilson:

"Apologies if you picked up any choice language on the microphone"

It's Leeds at home, it goes without saying that you'll hear bad language

I hoped he was talking about Wilkin.

• Haha 1

Why do Sky apologies for on pitch 'beef' picked up by mics, just put a notice up at the game start saying Live Game With On-Field Sound, May Contain Adult Language.

The crowd could obviously be heard singing W@nky, W@nky Warrington earlier and nothing said.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, meast said:

Mark Wilson:

"Apologies if you picked up any choice language on the microphone"

It's Leeds at home, it goes without saying that you'll hear bad language

I'm sure you know this but they legally have to apologise to mitigate the punishment they'll get from Ofcom.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Any idea what Hadley has injured there? Just looks to be aching all over the way he is walking off. Text book tackle from the new tackle safe video the RFL put out this week as well.

A ribular injury, apparently.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, gingerjon said:

I'm sure you know this but they legally have to apologise to mitigate the punishment they'll get from Ofcom.

Do they, other programs just put up a warning before saying there may be adult language, no apology offered when it happens as you have been warned.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Why do Sky apologies for on pitch 'beef' picked up by mics, just put a notice up at the game start saying Live Game With On-Field Sound, May Contain Adult Language.

The crowd could obviously be heard singing W@nky, W@nky Warrington earlier and nothing said.

Wanky is regarded as “moderate” but generally inappropriate language before the watershed (unless there is particularly strong editorial and contextual justification) so clearly sky sports believe there is a strong context to the suggestion that Warrington Wolves are a bit wanky.

• Haha 4

I say this with absolute sincerity, as a team Warrington are absolutely fantastic at playing the ball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

Do they, other programs just put up a warning before saying there may be adult language, no apology offered when it happens as you have been warned.

All live broadcasts are required to do it which is why you'll normally hear them do it within a few minutes of obvious swearing being caught on a microphone.

If they put up that the would definitely be adult language then they might not be able to broadcast before the watershed.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

All live broadcasts are required to do it which is why you'll normally hear them do it within a few minutes of obvious swearing being caught on a microphone.

If they put up that the would definitely be adult language then they might not be able to broadcast before the watershed.

But you can here all sorts of obscene chanting from the terraces, so it makes no sense whatsoever.

Just now, Padge said:

But you can here all sorts of obscene chanting from the terraces, so it makes no sense whatsoever.

It's been the case that they have to apologise for decades. It may be ridiculous but it all dates back to the rules drawn up about appropriate content. Blame the snowflake Mary Whitehouse generation.