Fri 5th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/24 at 19:30

Both teams trying for lots of off-loads but are mostly rubbish at it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Very enjoyable first half that.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

It's been the case that they have to apologise for decades. It may be ridiculous but it all dates back to the rules drawn up about appropriate content. Blame the snowflake Mary Whitehouse generation.

Used to love the Mary Whitehouse Experience.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I particularly like it when they apologise for choice language from the corner during the boxing despite all the adult violence taking place haha

It reminds of when a TV or movie warns me about sex and violence and I am only afraid of one of those.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

It's been the case that they have to apologise for decades. It may be ridiculous but it all dates back to the rules drawn up about appropriate content. Blame the snowflake Mary Whitehouse generation.

That doesn't answer the point about the chanting, its far more obvious than a player picked up on a refs mic.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, meast said:

I think you missed the humour?

Please make sure that all future humours are signed off in advance and appropriately marked.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The apologies for language are so false that I wish they would just drop them, but if its the rules then not much you can do.

Speaking of rules, not just this game but I find the way knock on calls are made to be quite frustrating. Sometimes it goes backwards and its a knock on, and sometimes it isn't, and there was a clear knockout by a defender that was given as a knock on in this game.

Decent game this, but clearly both sides have plenty of improvement in them.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

That doesn't answer the point about the chanting, its far more obvious than a player picked up on a refs mic.

Don't know. I know they have to when it's clear. Maybe they can claim that crowds are ambient noise who don't count as clear voices.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I say this with absolute sincerity, as a team Warrington are absolutely fantastic at playing the ball.

Feel like this should be worth a trophy, definitely needs a mention on the club honours page.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

My favourite bit of the Sky coverage is when they tell you that [redacted] and [redacted] are ahead at the break.

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Don't know. I know they have to when it's clear. Maybe they can claim that crowds are ambient noise who don't count as clear voices.

I struggle to recall hearing a player picked up swearing (I remember a ref saying to an approaching player, careful mics on), the chants are obvious, prolonged and often more offensive than a one word f*%k picked up.

Anyway f*%k it, back to the game.

Both look mid-table mediocre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

I struggle to recall hearing a player picked up swearing (I remember a ref saying to an approaching player, careful mics on), the chants are obvious, prolonged and often more offensive than a one word f*%k picked up.

That's why you won't usually hear a player swearing - because the mics are controlled. (So, for example, how do you think the commentators at cricket know word for word what has been said in sledging but the noise the TV audience hears of the same moment is only of the bat?)

I'm not disagreeing that it's ridiculous, I'm just explaining why it happens.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

Anyway f*%k it, back to the game.

Both look mid-table mediocre.

Playing for the honour of being dumped out the playoffs later by Wigan, Saints or Catalans so far…

Perhaps Warrington have the best chance of improving though.

Leeds look a fitful disappointing outfit so far.

43 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Or remove the score from the NRL game played earlier and keep everyone happy!

Removing the score is perfectly doable.

Making RL fans happy is beyond the scope of any technology that will ever be invented.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

Knock on into Warrington player

Double movement, that's harsh, but strictly correct.

I can see why it was disallowed but a double movement implies two movements and that looked like one continuous movement to me.

But, as I say, I can see why it was chalked off.