Rochdale

39 minutes ago, Joe Aitcheson said:

Blimey, for all the fuss I thought it must be a Hamas flag calling for the destruction of Israel !!

He has been putting flag there for years ?????

Was this a board decision or just a couple of individuals, I agree advertising is an important source of revenue for the club but what about the individual and his band of mates that will now no longer be paying on the gate and no doubt buying drink ??? All revenue lost to a club who are looking for every bit of financial support they can get??

Think again BOD before more follow with a self imposed ban ???

• Like 2

This seems to be something that could be decided by both parties talking to each other without getting to this stage. It’s amazing what talking together can achieve instead of throwing a slight problem into the public domain. Unless there is something more to this then sort it out and move on. 

• Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

16 minutes ago, Keith T said:

This seems to be something that could be decided by both parties talking to each other without getting to this stage. It’s amazing what talking together can achieve instead of throwing a slight problem into the public domain. Unless there is something more to this then sort it out and move on. 

From what I was told he was asked to take it down as sponsors are not happy paying money for a board that is not seen and he refused, simple solution to me is put the flag somewhere that doesn't cover any sponsorship boarding.

• Like 2

I am shocked it has got to this stage tbh, he's supported the club over many years and deserves more than to be banned over something as stupid as a flags position. Surely there's some common ground to be had here with a member of the board and Andrew ffs.  

• Like 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

If sponsors are paying £1000s+ per season for them boards I see why he was asked to take it down....as many have said, jus put it elsewhere. Sad its ended in a ban but cannot imagine the club doing that without prior warnings/discussion etc

• Like 1

That has to be the most inconsistent display of refereeing possible, think he was just making it up in the second half, twice the touch judge on the popular side shrugged his shoulders and smiled when Bennett gave two absolute ridiculous decisions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good win, some belting tries, Burns was outstanding, pack was excellent, Rochdale are terrible, Bennett is an absolute Richard head.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bobg said:

That has to be the most inconsistent display of refereeing possible, think he was just making it up in the second half, twice the touch judge on the popular side shrugged his shoulders and smiled when Bennett gave two absolute ridiculous decisions.

He's a shocking ref, blatantly just makes stuff up. That obstruction decision as we were breaking was an absolute joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were going at about a point a minute in the first quarter , but after that it was pretty average fair tbh . That bloke is just about the worst ref I’ve seen . There was barely a set in a spell where he wasn’t pinging us for something . In the first half we had a man taken out after passing - he literally pointed at it then played on , then gave them a pen for the same thing . Eventually they get a man binned then Burns is head locked to the ground in front of the sticks , that’s a blatant binning . A wins a win but it’s hard work when you’re not that good 

We really need to learn to recover from penalties against, we seem to lose concentration every time and let them in, lose any semblance of control on the game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

You'd think he'd have a day off but he's garbage all the time and we seem to get him all the time!

It's not so much the bad decisions, it's the ridiculous inconsistencies that shows he's either a terrible ref or taking the pee. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Onreport said:

A wins a win  in awful conditions, some very dubious decisions but being honest our defence at times is woeful

Totally agree with this post, the better team won but it should have been  by a greater margin. Surely its not acceptable to concede two walk in tries out wide both conceded on the same wing / centre. We were pinged 4 times for obstruction not sure whether it was poor decision making by us or poor refereeing.

1 minute ago, town blue said:

Totally agree with this post, the better team won but it should have been  by a greater margin. Surely its not acceptable to concede two walk in tries out wide both conceded on the same wing / centre. We were pinged 4 times for obstruction not sure whether it was poor decision making by us or poor refereeing.

4 times? One was never obstruction he just made it up, one was but our player stupidly didn't take the tackle,  I cant remember the other 2?

• Like 1

I think I can honestly say I’ve never seen a man kick off and catch it himself , and behind where he kicked it . Burns by the way has been an outstanding signing , as Taylor is proving to be 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I think I can honestly say I’ve never seen a man kick off and catch it himself , and behind where he kicked it . Burns by the way has been an outstanding signing , as Taylor is proving to be 

He caught it almost on our 40 line, was marvellous. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's not so much the bad decisions, it's the ridiculous inconsistencies that shows he's either a terrible ref or taking the pee. 

And why was he wearing green and dark shorts when they were wearing green and dark shorts . Just wear another top 

On 04/04/2024 at 18:01, homeandawayer said:

I watched them against Oldham and they've got a biiig pack. Some hefty props but not much else. What can you say apart from the obvious? We need to start much much better than we have been, defend our line better than we have been and control the middle better than we have been.  I think we'll be too good in the end but not by many. 

Well we definitely started better , we defended well up to the last few minutes and the forwards ran with more purpose so much better. Their ball security was appalling and we played some great rugby. Big games from Scholey, McNicholas, Key, C Taylor but Burns makes a big difference and he was the best by a good way. Looking forward to the new signings , maybe wishful thinking but would be nice to see em against Cornwall with another win under our belts as Hunslet are there for the taking.

• Like 2