Cornwall 14th April.

jroyales

Let's not get carried away. Some thought we were going to get to Wembley before we were given a lesson at swinton and york.

I don't expect us to lose this one but I am sure Cornwall will give it a go especially with copies of your email pinned to dressing room wall 😆.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, shaw llewellyn said:

Let's not get carried away. Some thought we were going to get to Wembley before we were given a lesson at swinton and york.

Well said Shaw llewellyn!!! In theory against Cornwall s/b a pretty straight forward win and it more than probably will be. I got carried away before when we went to Swinton, I was expecting us to absolutely stuff them and what happened, we ended up getting a proper spanking, 40 years of watching Oldham and they never stop surprising me 😃

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

It's going to be a long journey home for the Cornish Lads! Probably leave after 20 minutes.

Any thoughts of what the score might be? I reckon 86 - 6.

Given there’s likely to be plenty of squad rotation I doubt the score will be that high. All that matters is a win and hopefully to nil Cornwall 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Oldham Valderama said:

Well said Shaw llewellyn!!! In theory against Cornwall s/b a pretty straight forward win and it more than probably will be. I got carried away before when we went to Swinton, I was expecting us to absolutely stuff them and what happened, we ended up getting a proper spanking, 40 years of watching Oldham and they never stop surprising me 😃

Swinton are having a good season. They beat Toulouse away at the weekend, so that puts our game against them into perspective 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

To give the Cornwall lads time to get back at a reasonable time I believe. Quite a few of their away matches start at 1pm

Will have to give this one a miss. Don't get home from work on a Sunday until 12.30 - 1. 🙁

Well done Tara.

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Like I have already said it could come down to points difference between us and Keigthley.

We have to put a side out that the punters are paying good money to see and above all else score as many points as they can to entertain so as to fill the stadium next time.. I f Sean puts an "A" team out I will be disappointed.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Like I have already said it could come down to points difference between us and Keigthley.

We have to put a side out that the punters are paying good money to see and above all else score as many points as they can to entertain so as to fill the stadium next time.. I f Sean puts an "A" team out I will be disappointed.

We don't have an 'A' team, we have a squad of 27 of whom 5 missed the Hunslet game with injury. Some of those are long-term so Sean can't make too many changes. I suspect he might hand a chance to Paga, Gallagher & Aldridge. And maybe Kieron Tyrer as well. And start with PLT at full-back?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

We don't have an 'A' team, we have a squad of 27 of whom 5 missed the Hunslet game with injury. Some of those are long-term so Sean can't make too many changes. I suspect he might hand a chance to Paga, Gallagher & Aldridge. And maybe Kieron Tyrer as well. And start with PLT at full-back?

What about George Hurst starting at prop he seems to be full of confidence at the moment and he's also playing well 🤔🏉

• Like 6

On 11/04/2024 at 08:31, Roughyed Rats said:

Tara is a good ref.

Oldhamers will have to restrain the local “vernacular” terminology if matters do not go your way.

Unless you are saving most until you visit Hornets late July!

• Haha 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

55 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Suspected Paga might get a full run out as he was left out of the 18 at Hunslet. Good to see ET back in. With Ellis rested, it will be interesting to see what he does at halfback. 

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

HT: We have a comfortable lead at the break. Oldham 26-4 Cornwall

Having watched the Cornish lads a few times, during the last three seasons, although they still give 100% effort they tend to run out of 'steam' in the second half. 

It's in the second half that their opponents i.e. Oldham, tend to pile on the points. 

And points 'difference', come the end of the season, may be very important for us. 

• Like 1