Batley Sunday

Hitting the self destruct button on the last tackle  is killing us , that was another game we should have comfortably bossed with composure and effort it was an easy win  , yes i know we've body's missing but that was another one like at barrow that should have been won 

1 hour ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Typical Batley game. The 2 tries after half time did us.

For the life of me I'll never understand why the idiot fans went down to shout abuse at the ref whilst he was walking off at half time (the try he dropped was given as a rip out so it's play on by the way) You think he's going to give us any 50-50 calls after that. These are grown men not young kids, and then offering to have a fight with the batley players after the match?? Disgraceful behaviour.

Well said, sometimes you do wonder about the mentality of some fans,  I know we all sometimes question some decisions made by the man in the middle, but he only gives what he sees and being human he may sometimes get it wrong, and we might feel aggrieved but there is no need to verbally abuse the guy. over the course of a season these things usually even themselves out. At the end of the day if the players were more disciplined and made fewer mistakes it wouldn’t really matter, but that’s life.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Hitting the self destruct button on the last tackle  is killing us , that was another game we should have comfortably bossed with composure and effort it was an easy win  , yes i know we've body's missing but that was another one like at barrow that should have been won 

Coulda,  shoulda,  woulda....

• Haha 1

Can't agree with that about "idiot fans". It was a very debatable call and even the Batley fans said it wasn't a try. The ref was laughing in the York fans faces as he came off the pitch at HT. Ive never seen a ref behave like that before. I'm normally pretty quiet about refs despite the low standards, but that was poor from him and I can fully understand the abuse he got. At the final whistle the first thing the Batley players did was turn to the York fans, rub it in and goad them. They knew exactly what had happened. Nobody I saw offered to " fight them".  I agree that abusing the ref gets you nowhere but his reaction walking off the pitch was appalling.  Those "idiot fans" are the ones that go home and away every single week and actually vocally support the lads. Without them it would be like a library at home and nothing away.

• Like 3

We were poor today. Batley's first try came from a penalty for offside on the 6th tackle Second try was 'iffy' third try weak tackling in midfield, 4th try after we lost the ball. That isn't the fault of the referee. It will be interesting to see the second try on the highlights. Oh I can't we dont do them.

Our overall discipline is shocking, and Hendo needs to sort that out. As for some of the fans, well I thought they let the club down today. There was little wonder the Batley players reacted like they did at the end.

45 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

We were poor today. Batley's first try came from a penalty for offside on the 6th tackle Second try was 'iffy' third try weak tackling in midfield, 4th try after we lost the ball. That isn't the fault of the referee. It will be interesting to see the second try on the highlights. Oh I can't we dont do them.

Our overall discipline is shocking, and Hendo needs to sort that out. As for some of the fans, well I thought they let the club down today. There was little wonder the Batley players reacted like they did at the end.

You don't do highlights? Seriously? Why is that?

10 minutes ago, Rene_Artois said:

You don't do highlights? Seriously? Why is that?

Not had any for the last 3 games, Knights, or Valkyrie. Nobody knows why, although as has been pointed out elsewhere, ther haven't been many highlights so far this season.

1 hour ago, rich f said:

The ref was laughing in the York fans faces as he came off the pitch at HT. Ive never seen a ref behave like that before.

agree 100%, the RFL needs to get a grip of some of these incompetent refs, its the same ones over n over again. i go to watch games as a neutral as well not just knights games with my knights bias and the same jokers turn up at other gaffs n ruin matches week in week out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rich f said:

Can't agree with that about "idiot fans". It was a very debatable call and even the Batley fans said it wasn't a try. The ref was laughing in the York fans faces as he came off the pitch at HT. Ive never seen a ref behave like that before. I'm normally pretty quiet about refs despite the low standards, but that was poor from him and I can fully understand the abuse he got. At the final whistle the first thing the Batley players did was turn to the York fans, rub it in and goad them. They knew exactly what had happened. Nobody I saw offered to " fight them".  I agree that abusing the ref gets you nowhere but his reaction walking off the pitch was appalling.  Those "idiot fans" are the ones that go home and away every single week and actually vocally support the lads. Without them it would be like a library at home and nothing away.

The ref wasn't laughing at York fans he was drinking and smirking (I was 10 feet away) which I think was unprofessional of him, but there was only one reason he was doing it, because the idiot fans had walked over there to abuse him. If they knew the rules he had given it as a strip so wasn't a knock on, and regardless of whether it was the right call or not, that's his decision, abusing him won't change it so why bother? 

I don't blame the dogs players for doing what they did at the end, it's good banter, then the idiot York fans start saying they'll meet them in the car park later....

Idiots

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

The ref wasn't laughing at York fans he was drinking and smirking (I was 10 feet away) which I think was unprofessional of him, but there was only one reason he was doing it, because the idiot fans had walked over there to abuse him. If they knew the rules he had given it as a strip so wasn't a knock on, and regardless of whether it was the right call or not, that's his decision, abusing him won't change it so why bother? 

I don't blame the dogs players for doing what they did at the end, it's good banter, then the idiot York fans start saying they'll meet them in the car park later....

Idiots

That wasn't just a smirk and a drink at HT, he knew exactly what he was doing. Nobody moved towards him ,he walked off the pitch in front of us laughing and goading the fans. It was absolutely disgraceful behaviour that I've never seen before. Even the Knights players didn't understand why he had given the try.

The Batley players immediately turned round at the end of the game and gestured and gave the Knights fans verbals before even celebrating as a team. Fair enough it's banter and but all that happened was they got some banter back from the disgruntled York fans.

I was one of the last to leave and didn't see anyone trying to fight. I may be wrong and it could've happened but I didn't see or hear any of that and find it hard to believe.

I dont think referring to loyal fans that turn up every week as idiots helps though. Sometimes people have a few beers and get boisterous but ive never seen any real threats or trouble. Its incredibly frustrating and disappointing at the moment and I think anyone that's goes every week, singing and supporting the lads deserves credit. 

There are enough problems on the pitch at the moment without the fans falling out.

The try was a one on one steal by the York man which made the try for the second one… I was stood in front of it and the referee made the right call as the touch judge was miles behind you’d of won if you’d of played Hingano more minutes than he did… York had us on the boil that last minute but we just did enough to keep you up… you’ll be fine if you get everyone fit 

• Thanks 2

At the moment we are not good enough that's why we have only one championship game all season and aren't we supposed to have a deeper squad than last season to deal with the injuries and suspensions according to Hendo.

36 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

What injuries do you have at the moment?

Did my knee skiing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

42 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

What injuries do you have at the moment?

Centre Jesse Dee (bicep), prop Brenden Santi (calf), utility James Cunningham (hamstring), forward Bailey Antrobus (ACL) and centre Levi Edwards (ACL) Charlie Severs  HIA protocol

9 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

Centre Jesse Dee (bicep), prop Brenden Santi (calf), utility James Cunningham (hamstring), forward Bailey Antrobus (ACL) and centre Levi Edwards (ACL) Charlie Severs  HIA protocol

Not to mention star player Will Dagger. 

8 minutes ago, HolmeKnight said:

Not to mention star player Will Dagger. 

I won't mention his torn armpit then !! too gruesome for words , I had forgotten about him, hopefully he won't be far away from coming back........two weeks away, perhaps 🙂

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

I'll expect all of them to be back next week for Haven then 😂

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

And then on top of that 

Gannon(Foot)

Dagger(armpit)

field(respiratory)

ward(Unknown went off injured yesterday)

On 28/04/2024 at 18:00, only 2 weeks away said:

Typical Batley game. The 2 tries after half time did us.

For the life of me I'll never understand why the idiot fans went down to shout abuse at the ref whilst he was walking off at half time (the try he dropped was given as a rip out so it's play on by the way) You think he's going to give us any 50-50 calls after that. These are grown men not young kids, and then offering to have a fight with the batley players after the match?? Disgraceful behaviour.

Yup. Grown men in late 50s and 60s ! I'm no shrinking violet but it's not what we need at York. Leave it on the pitch. 

Match highlights are here, make of that second "try" what you will, but that's as obvious a knock on as you'll see: 

• Thanks 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season