Sun 28th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/04/24 at 14:30

38 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Personally I hope that Leeds perform well and a win here and a good win against London kick starts our season. two wins could see us top 5 or 4

I'm not a fan of people wanting coaches sacked, and I'm not one for wanting a my team to lose so that it happens. Look at Huddersfield the daggers were out for Ian Watson even this year!

FWIW I think Smith will go at the end of the year by his own choice, I'm not sure he's actually a fan of how SL is played or it suits his coaching style, I think he'll just want to go back and coach in Australia

I doubt any top jobs will be with in his reach Down Under. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

I doubt any top jobs will be with in his reach Down Under. 

He might be happy to go back and coach Queensland Cup, or get an assistants job, he's pretty well connected and has been part of coaching set ups in the NRL.

38 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

He might be happy to go back and coach Queensland Cup, or get an assistants job, he's pretty well connected and has been part of coaching set ups in the NRL.

Does that say it all though?

14 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Say all what? Not many SL coaches go and be a head coach in the NRL

No the unsuccessful one's tend not to do they, the successful ones can though - especially Australians.

He's the head coach of one of the biggest Rugby clubs in the northern hemisphere. If he's happy to coach 2nd tier in an Australian State following that (having been unsuccessful), what does that say about him, the club and everything else involved?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

They're all ###### anyway.

Would love to see Hull win this, LOVE IT!!

Such bitterness where does it come from I wonder ? 

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

No the unsuccessful one's tend not to do they, the successful ones can though - especially Australians.

He's the head coach of one of the biggest Rugby clubs in the northern hemisphere. If he's happy to coach 2nd tier in an Australian State following that (having been unsuccessful), what does that say about him, the club and everything else involved?

You’re taking my opinion as if it’s actually what he thinks, I haven't got a clue what Smith wants to do, I was speculating.

Which successful coach of a SL club is currently a head coach in the NRL?

Both the last two coaches of Saints are assistants, the only current head coach in the NRL who has coached in SL is Trent Robinson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You’re taking my opinion as if it’s actually what he thinks, I haven't got a clue what Smith wants to do, I was speculating.

Which successful coach of a SL club is currently a head coach in the NRL?

Both the last two coaches of Saints are assistants, the only current head coach in the NRL who has coached in SL is Trent Robinson.

The fact its even a consideration says enough.

Holbrook was head coach in the NRL on his departure, and Woolf will be head coach next year following the Dolphins bringing in both him and Wayne Bennett for their inaugural 2 seasons? 

Just now, Tommygilf said:

The fact its even a consideration says enough.

Holbrook was head coach in the NRL on his departure, and Woolf will be head coach next year following the Dolphins bringing in both him and Wayne Bennett for their inaugural 2 seasons? 

Who’s said it’s a consideration?

yes holbrook was a head coach but got the sack.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You!

And so?

Yes, I did, not Smith, so it’s pretty irrelevant what I think Smith would want to do isn’t it.

I get it, most Leeds fans don’t rate Smith, as Ive said I’m half hoping he gets sacked to stop the constant whinging.

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yes, I did, not Smith, so it’s pretty irrelevant what I think Smith would want to do isn’t it.

I get it, most Leeds fans don’t rate Smith, as Ive said I’m half hoping he gets sacked to stop the constant whinging.

I'd like to think a coach of a top side would have better aspirations than what you described.

The whinging stops if we start achieving. Smith doesn't seem able to do that...

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I'd like to think a coach of a top side would have better aspirations than what you described.

The whinging stops if we start achieving. Smith doesn't seem able to do that...

And maybe he has better aspirations.

He’s got us to a grand final in the last two years. Theres only two other coaches currently in SL that has done that.

The whinging won’t stop until he’s gone, then the next coach will get the same as all Leeds coaches get. 

Anyway ill leave it there.

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

And maybe he has better aspirations.

He’s got us to a grand final in the last two years. Theres only two other coaches currently in SL that has done that.

The whinging won’t stop until he’s gone, then the next coach will get the same as all Leeds coaches get. 

Anyway ill leave it there.

And then it all went downhill...

He's had a season and a third now to prove any doubters wrong. Fans are allowed to be unhappy and express that. I was never McDermott out or anything like that and don't like the idea of sacking coaches (like Hull FC have for example), but I'm not blind to obvious deficiencies either. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

And then it all went downhill...

He's had a season and a third now to prove any doubters wrong. Fans are allowed to be unhappy and express that. I was never McDermott out or anything like that and don't like the idea of sacking coaches (like Hull FC have for example), but I'm not blind to obvious deficiencies either. 

Of course fans are allowed to be unhappy, that’s anyone’s prerogative.

Although it seems all rather unpleasant this time around to be honest some of the vitriol I've heard from our fans is pretty excessive.

And i will leave it there now 😉

45 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Of course fans are allowed to be unhappy, that’s anyone’s prerogative.

Although it seems all rather unpleasant this time around to be honest some of the vitriol I've heard from our fans is pretty excessive.

And i will leave it there now 😉

I think its bound to get like that tbh. Smith has hardly endeared himself to fans, and frustration often gets pretty nasty when it is prolonged.

Sounds like some other posters with that ending mate! 😉

Really want FC to win this but can't see it. Perhaps they need a former Wigan player as coach. That would go down well. 

Re ownership: Leigh have shown what can be done with an owner whose main  business is static caravan decking. With the huge number of static caravans being manufactured in the Hull area, is there not an opportunity to get an owner from one of those businesses? 

"Really want FC to win this" Is this a genuine concern for Hull FC or just a good old plain hatred of Leeds ?

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Really want FC to win this but can't see it. Perhaps they need a former Wigan player as coach. That would go down well. 

Re ownership: Leigh have shown what can be done with an owner whose main  business is static caravan decking. With the huge number of static caravans being manufactured in the Hull area, is there not an opportunity to get an owner from one of those businesses? 

Good idea, or maybe caravan supplies - toilets, waste disposal etc

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I would be over the moon if Wane took over.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

I can't see it either. I think Hull's next win is still some way off.

Just looking for some signs of improvement. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

"Really want FC to win this" Is this a genuine concern for Hull FC or just a good old plain hatred of Leeds ?

Your response is known as a false dichotomy, I'm afraid.  I just think Hull FC could achieve some success.