• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,782 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 3 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the 1980s the RFL had a spell of handing out 10 and 12 match bans, it made not one jot of difference, players were still being hauled up on a regular basis.

Aye, but we didn't see Brian Hogan play that often when they did that.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#42 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Aug 3 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the 1980s the RFL had a spell of handing out 10 and 12 match bans, it made not one jot of difference, players were still being hauled up on a regular basis.

then increase it to a full season then. the game is already violent enough without f*ckwits like ablett trying to take other players heads off. we can also increase the fines too. fine the bloody coaches as well.
foxes or poor people?

#43 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 3 2010, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worrabout sending the bleeder off in the first place for gawd's sake!

Well yes, quite and I agree! But we are were we are etc etc!

#44 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Bitofaboogie @ Aug 3 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I can remember any more I'll get back to you.

Lovely, since 3 over the course of 14 years is hardly serial

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#45 Northern Exposure

Northern Exposure
  • Coach
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

I suppose we'll have to hope Ablett or whoever does it a bit harder next time.

If Tomkins can't take the heat, perhaps he needs to stop being such a niggle cheat himself. Tomkins went down like a sack of shot and milked it for all it was worth.

Cos you can bet your bottom dollar that Ablett won't be the last person to take offence at Tomkins over-inflated ego & delusions of grandeur.

Poor Wigan, getting the excuses in early. Boo hoo.

Posted Image

#46 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

3 seems fair to me. The only point I would like to know the answer to is whether the video ref is entitled to tell the ref that the tackle deserved a sending off. I simply can't see how Ganson could have seen it properly from where he was and not sent him off, and I have never known Ganson be shy about reaching for a red card.

#47 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:12 PM

Not long enough, should have been at least ten games.

#48 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 3 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not long enough, should have been at least ten games.

rolleyes.gif
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#49 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

QUOTE (Northern Exposure @ Aug 3 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Tomkins can't take the heat, perhaps he needs to stop being such a niggle cheat himself. Tomkins went down like a sack of shot and milked it for all it was worth.

Cos you can bet your bottom dollar that Ablett won't be the last person to take offence at Tomkins over-inflated ego & delusions of grandeur.

I bet you loved all the sky sports replays sat on your linda barker signature sofa didn't you happy.gif

#50 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,040 posts

QUOTE (sam @ Aug 3 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then increase it to a full season then. the game is already violent enough without f*ckwits like ablett trying to take other players heads off. we can also increase the fines too. fine the bloody coaches as well.

rolleyes.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#51 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 3 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif

I was only having this argument on the 72 coming back from Leeds just thirty minutes ago.

Ablett is no clean Angel my friend and should have the book thrown at him.

#52 Bilko

Bilko
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:52 PM

Clearly you haven't watched the incident again since the game. I've got the Sky+ in front of me as I write and Sam was on his feet within 2 seconds of the hit. How in the world can you call that "milking it"? In fact him getting up so quickly could have been an excuse for why Ganson kept him on the field.

I don't actually have a problem with a 3 man ban. I just think it was unjust that he wasn't sent off at the time when Andy Coley went off for less in our game at Catalans earlier in the month on the advice of the same Video Referee Phil Bentham.

#53 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

you are a ######.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#54 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

I was in the gym saturday mornin when all the wigan squad go in, and tomkins and o'loughlin were on the bikes when the tackle came on sky sports news. They both watched it looked at each other and just laughed as if to say what the **** can we do. Even when you 'Thugs' go out to give cheap shots, you cant even do that right
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#55 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Wigansnapper89 @ Aug 4 2010, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was in the gym saturday mornin when all the wigan squad go in, and tomkins and o'loughlin were on the bikes when the tackle came on sky sports news.

Was he taking notes for when he next takes the field to brush up on his own "techniques" ?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#56 Wigansnapper89

Wigansnapper89
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Lee @ Aug 4 2010, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was he taking notes for when he next takes the field to brush up on his own "techniques" ?

No, he already knows how give people a cheap shot m8. No point takin notes of how to get away with it tho coz he isnt a leeds player so he wouldnt
" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

My Flickr site with all my Photography on it, New stuff added all the time

http://www.flickr.co...os/8882103@N05/

#57 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Wigansnapper89 @ Aug 4 2010, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, he already knows how give people a cheap shot m8. No point takin notes of how to get away with it tho coz he isnt a leeds player so he wouldnt

I'll mention that to Luke next time i see him

Oh wait a minute, he did get away with that one and the other 8+ in the last couple of years at the RFL

How many previous do you need to cop a ban these days wink.gif

#58 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Bilko @ Aug 3 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just think it was unjust that he wasn't sent off at the time when Andy Coley went off for less in our game at Catalans earlier in the month on the advice of the same Video Referee Phil Bentham.

Because Bentham is Hetherington's bit*h, he will never give a decision against Leeds whoever they're playing !

I was surprised Ganson never sent him off. The guy does make mistakes but he's one of the few Ref's who has the balls to brandish a red card. I can only guess that he didn't get a clear view of the incident (couldn't see the point of contact), sought the advice of Bentham and wasn't given any, hence had no choice but to only place it on report.

#59 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,959 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

Remember, these are rugby players we are talking about...expecting some of them to think of the consequences of their actions in the heat of an intense game, is probably expecting too much.

Similarly, expecting guilty players to change their behaviour by banning them for longer periods is, in my opinion,unlikely to be successful. Its a bit like banning NE in the hope that one day, just one day, he might make an intelligent contribution to the debate.

The Disciplinary committee will, I think, have heard and seen more evidence that we did and may well have spent more time than we have in discussing it. In my view, there is no conspiracy against Wigan and no bias towards Leeds in this respect. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by JohnM, 04 August 2010 - 08:04 AM.

#60 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Aug 3 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was only having this argument on the 72 coming back from Leeds just thirty minutes ago.

Ablett is no clean Angel my friend and should have the book thrown at him.

As I have previously posted, whenever a Leeds player is involved he becomes some axe wielding psycho, would you be asking for the same punishment for your precious bulls, I think not.You'd be bleating about how the ref gave a penalty against them and moaning your club had been stiffed again.He has been given the maximum punishment that is laid down by the disciplinary board, end of.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 04 August 2010 - 08:32 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users