Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Steve Ganson

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#41 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Aug 9 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A difficult one for the RFL: Ganson bailed until October. Do they keep him out on the field or put him on gardening leave? It can't be good for his game-head if he has this hanging over him.

Permanent video ref duty might be more appropriate than gardening.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#42 Big Col

Big Col
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

After having my last post deleted, I can presume Ganson won't be the Wembley referee? Right booking Wembley trip now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give the Final to Betham, good performance at Semi, lets hope he doesn't get invited to any parties involving 87 yr old women.....

“Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all the others.”

#43 SUPERSTUD

SUPERSTUD
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (ckn @ Aug 9 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A difficult one for the RFL: Ganson bailed until October. Do they keep him out on the field or put him on gardening leave? It can't be good for his game-head if he has this hanging over him.
The RFL need to deal with this in a serious manner.
Before people start shooting me down i know the law of the land is innocent until proven guilty.
My concern surrounds the individual who was arrested and issued with a fixed penalty notice for being drunk and disorderly last year.He is now involved in a separate supposed drink fuelled incident less than twelve months later.
The common trend here is ALCOHOL.
Alot of high profile professions would now take a stand and put him on gardening leave.
The RFL need to sit him down and give it to him straight.
Something along the lines of "You are employed by us and this is how it is going to be".
If it turns out to be true that he was steaming in the early hours of a cup semi then is it any wonder that the video ref often makes mistakes.
Lastly i think he is our best referee but he needs to take a serious rain check and think about the situations he is allowing himself to get into.

#44 sam

sam
  • Coach
  • 7,557 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (SUPERSTUD @ Aug 9 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it turns out to be true that he was steaming in the early hours of a cup semi then is it any wonder that the video ref often makes mistakes.

but they don't.
foxes or poor people?

#45 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

Time to lock this, I think, before anyone says something they might later regret and to reduce the pressure on moderators having to keep a constant eye on it.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users